Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, mssainttropez said:

Weird Lana titles are always interesting songs (in the best way) :brows:

yes and no 😭 Ocean Blvd is gorgeous and i love it, but im not really a fan of Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind 💔

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I put her entire catalog on shuffle last night, and I still don't see this massive change everyone else sees. She's still a visionary, she still makes timeless music ("This is What Makes Us Girls" and  "Arcadia" back to back, I don't think anything changed, I still see the very same LDR at the core of both songs); all I can say is that her music became a little bit more chill, laid back, and contemplative. That's it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions about this album and that album, but to say that she completely changed and became a different person is just a fabrication. The heart and soul of LDR can be found in her entire catalog regardless of our own individual preferences for sound and style.

FULL AGREE. 

I feel like the media is going to eat up AW and the fans are going to be living for The Grants (and casual fans won’t get it lol).

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I still refuse to listen to the samples that will be on this album, but the way you all are talking about this track has me so hyped

Fishtail supremacy! 

Don't listen to it because I think she will just sing over the instrumental, but believe me, it's good! 

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

Apple Music hasn't changed the release date!

I think it will change tomorrow morning when Ben and Ed decide they have to make money by actually working to support themselves before they get evicted 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Evergreen said:

Don't listen to it because I think she will just sing over the instrumental, but believe me, it's good! 

she probably won’t, kuntsugi said the samples aren’t as obvious as we think they are so they probably added some stuff to the instrumentals (even tho the wanderlust sample alone clears most of cocc) 

Just now, Thoth said:

Let the Light In supremacy :illumilana:

If this track is anything like Buddy's Rendezvous...instant top three for me. The jury is out until then since we know nothing about it :coffee:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I am excited for Let the Light In. Lana's voice really stands out when she is with him, because he has such a deep and beautiful voice. I am not a big fan of the Weeknd collab because of his higher pitch. There is something about Lana's deep voice and a deep male voice that is so heavenly to me. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

I'm really intrigued about Peppers. Mike's also there so it's one of the earlier tracks she wrote for the album.

I wonder if she was inspired by Tommy during the process or if the sample decision came afterwards and it's more about the lyrical content aligning with the specific song she picked :um2:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

I'm really intrigued about Peppers. Mike's also there so it's one of the earlier tracks she wrote for the album.

I wonder if she was inspired by Tommy during the process or if the sample decision came afterwards and it's more about the lyrical content aligning with the specific song she picked :um2:

Yeah, and it seems like one of the more "out there" tracks because I remember BoZ saying he had to listen to it a few times to get it. I'm excited!

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

If this track is anything like Buddy's Rendezvous...instant top three for me. The jury is out until then since we know nothing about it :coffee:

exactly, buddy is so underrated, it’s perfect

Just now, WhitehotOcean said:

exactly, buddy is so underrated, it’s perfect

In the final chorus when FJM's voice joins Lana's I get chills. He has the perfect voice to back Lana's. Especially when Lana is using her higher pitch. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????