Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, VioletBunny said:

omg do we know who it was bc like that snippet even just the instrumental was some of the best I’ve heard in years

if its the same one im remembering then it was some random twink who makes a bunch of lana esque music LMAO 

gWCT.gif

:hoe:

the thing about Jack is that, yes, while I do get annoyed that he is kind of making everyone in popular music sound the same, I actually think it could be cementing all of their legacies as well. not just because the music is good, but he’s literally crafting the 2020s sound. like 40 years from now, because jack’s production style is everywhere yet still so unique and distinct, people are going to look back at this time period in music and know it’s from right now in the same way we can listen to an 80s song now and immediately know it’s from the 80s, or listen to Motown and immediately know it’s Motown. and i don’t think that’s a bad thing at all, it’s going to make the artists he’s worked with more iconic once they become legacy acts

6 minutes ago, Jukebox Sweetheart said:

Is "Norman's level" really a compliment

In opposite world, yes :nails:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

nah jack just made lorde, lana, taylor, clairo, etc. release the same albums in a 1 year gap and he even commited self plagiarism like wtf

and also for giving me Margaret

3 minutes ago, shadesofcrazyforyou said:

Naur 

Norman's production is very good, in comparison to BB which sounds sketchy and weird and half of COCK which sounds simple. I think the same about Honeymoon, that's an album with a very solid production.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

the thing about Jack is that, yes, while I do get annoyed that he is kind of making everyone in popular music sound the same, I actually think it could be cementing all of their legacies as well. not just because the music is good, but he’s literally crafting the 2020s sound. like 40 years from now, because jack’s production style is everywhere yet still so unique and distinct, people are going to look back at this time period in music and know it’s from right now in the same way we can listen to an 80s song now and immediately know it’s from the 80s. and i don’t think that’s a bad thing at all, it’s going to make the artists he’s worked with more iconic once they become legacy acts

nahh cause jack isn't all that I doubt the albums he made will define the 2020's. Lttr the music cycles too fast most ppl outside the Lana stans forgot about BB and COCC, and Solar power lowkey died in a few months.

1 minute ago, kaliuchis said:

nah jack just made lorde, lana, taylor, clairo, etc. release the same albums in a 1 year gap and he even commited self plagiarism like wtf

At least on this album we have a variety of producers.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

THEY ARE PLAYING TUNNEL UNDER OCEAN BLVD AT STARBUCKS RIGHT NOW IM CRYING 

You might say you're sobbing in your cup of coffee :ma:

I am so ready for a perfectly timed just-past-twilight walk in the middle of my super suburban street while Lana's voice and the Syml piano destroy what's left of my psyche. His song, that SPECIFIC song and her voice? Pls, my heart and soul found dead in a ditch with no DNA evidence left behind. She's gonna do that 

5 minutes ago, LieOlivier said:

nahh cause jack isn't all that I doubt the albums he made will define the 2020's. Lttr the music cycles too fast most ppl outside the Lana stans forgot about BB and COCC, and Solar power lowkey died in a few months.

2020s was an easier way of saying late 2010s-early 2020s, but Melodrama? NFR? several of Taylor’s albums? The new 1975 record, which I actually just have a feeling is going to become a cult classic a while from now? Clairo? Masseduction? he’s all over pop music, so much so that his sound is going to be what defines late 2010s-early 2020s pop music decades from now, that’s just kind of a fact. it’s the same way Max Martin defined pop music 10 years ago

(also Jack doesn’t have a single credit on Blue Banisters)

YALL remember when Doin' time was playing EVERYWHERE. 2019 was soo good.

2020s was an easier way of saying late 2010s-early 2020s, but Melodrama? NFR? several of Taylor’s albums? The new 1975 record, which I actually just have a feeling is going to become a cult classic a while from now? Clairo? Masseduction? he’s all over pop music, so much so that his sound is going to be what defines late 2010s-early 2020s pop music decades from now, that’s just kind of a fact. it’s the same way Max Martin defined pop music 10 years ago

Lorde, The 1975s and Taylor are all early 2010s.  

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

wait did he do the new 1975 album? i love that album, it sounds so well produced... no way jack did that :oprah2:

Idk about the rest of Taylor’s albums but I know he contributed two (2) tracks to 1989 and most of the songs on Melodrama apart from the ballads had coproducers. I don’t think he can claim full credit there

whatarecoloris.jpg