Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, blackestday89 said:

i asked the universe which two albums are most similar to the new album.

the answer is

lfl
nfr

the universe being our new insider :oprah:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

Well ed said this new album will change the game so there's that 

for it to change the game it'd need to be a BTD or a UV maybe NFR if were reaching like a big musical change.

3 minutes ago, Jukebox Sweetheart said:

I need an aplogy for the Born to Die review where he said she needs to sing about female empowerment in the most condescending way possible

THIS!!!! and the fact that he reacted to it 10 years later and even praised himself for those thoughts. he’s so deluded. :judgingu3:

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i still wouldn't take him seriously even if he did that because there's countless other albums that he's snubbed not to mention that he'd probably do that apology note trying not to crack up :coffee:

he calls himself a music nerd yet has the worse taste in music known to man it’s laughable really :hide:

2 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I have consulted the toilet water and what I can tell you guys is that a LOT of shit is about to go down… :oprah3:

finally a reliable source

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

8 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Well ed said this new album will change the game so there's that 

I’m not sure how exactly, the music may be great, but what is she doing that is vastly different?? Tunnel is good song but it’s not in a different realm to what she’s done before..she’s changed a few things up and added some production not started a new movement.  So I’m really curious what he means, perhaps the rest of the album is really wild in comparison.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m not sure how exactly, the music may be great, but what is she doing that is vastly different?? Tunnel is good song but it’s not in a different realm to what she’s done before..she’s changed a few things up and added some production not started a new movement.  So I’m really curious what he means, perhaps the rest of the album is really wild in comparison.

yeah the new song was classic 2020 Lana, it couldve been on any of the recent albums.

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

Based on what BoZ said it sounds like a lot of the songs don’t have a conventional structure. Also with so many of them being so long I can see that as changing the game, I feel like many songs are short these days because people have short attention spans :toofunny:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

im hoping we get more like beats like we saw in LFL. The cover reminds me of the LFL era.

1 minute ago, fine china said:

Based on what BoZ said it sounds like a lot of the songs don’t have a conventional structure. Also with so many of them being so long I can see that as changing the game, I feel like many songs are short these days because people have short attention spans :toofunny:

SZA already upped the game on this most of her songs are 4 minutes, I think 4 minutes is the limit cause more gets boring.

3 minutes ago, LieOlivier said:

im hoping we get more like beats like we saw in LFL. The cover reminds me of the LFL era.

SZA already upped the game on this most of her songs are 4 minutes, I think 4 minutes is the limit cause more gets boring.

Cruel World and The Blackest Day would like to have a word :willcut:

Just now, fine china said:

Cruel World and The Blackest Day would like to have a word :willcut:

I mean Lana and Sza are both upping the song lengths both of them have albums where all the songs are 4 minutes. But like if all songs were 7 minutes itd be bad. 

Just now, LieOlivier said:

I mean Lana and Sza are both upping the song lengths both of them have albums where all the songs are 4 minutes. But like if all songs were 7 minutes itd be bad. 

No I totally get it, I just wanted to be a bitch :hoe:

For example I think there are only a few TSwift songs I could handle at that length. 

Just now, fine china said:

No I totally get it, I just wanted to be a bitch :hoe:

For example I think there are only a few TSwift songs I could handle at that length. 

idk how the twinks listen to that 10 minute TS song, it gets boring at 2 minutes.

im a TS anti so dont take my words

10 hours ago, Elle said:

Guys idk what’s happening, but something really strange is going on. A couple hours ago I shared in here that I found an update about the car crash I was stuck behind on Saturday night/Sunday morning (in which I bonded with an Uber driver over the title track and the “don’t forget me” line) where it was reported the driver in the crash had died, and I just now found out that one of my friends from the Lana community that I’ve been in touch with for 5 years passed on Wednesday. The same day that the record was announced and the title track was released. That “don’t forget me” line is reeeeaaaalllllllyyyyy hitting me hard right now.

To make things even more unsettling, on Saturday evening before that whole Uber moment happened, I had went to the mall for some holiday shopping and spontaneously stopped into Build-a-Bear and made myself a little pink fox. I was pondering over a name for awhile, but the name Candi popped in my head and I instantly decided to settle on that especially since they had a little cute candy cane dress I could put her in. It made me think of my friend named Candy and figured I should check in with her since I think it’s always a sign that when you think of someone, you should let them know. Now I’ve just found out my sweet Candy had passed earlier that week. I felt the need to share this with you all especially now that I’ve felt the “don’t forget me” line from the title track now twice in the past like ~24 hours, and now I come into this thread to see you all talking about the word “candy”??? I feel like I’m sort of just word vomiting rn but this is all really unsettling and I’m struggling with how to feel. I feel like her spirit was already reminding me not to forget her before I even knew she was gone.

Rest in peace, Candy. It’s always hard to know we’ve lost someone from the fandom, especially someone who was as golden-hearted as she was. I wish she would’ve been around to hear the new album as I know she was looking forward to it. I at least hope she heard the title track before her passing. Another person I absolutely will never be forgetting x

im replying sooo late now but sending u sm love and i rly hope ur okay out there 💘 this all makes me think of carl jung's theory of synchronicity and seeing symbols in ur inner life that collide/interweave w external events (meaningful coincidences). relatedly, lana said she was influenced by carl jung when working on this album and i'm so curious to see how it manifests in her writing/themes - i have a feeling that and hope this album will be a huge comfort 💘

mUENGN9.png