Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

41 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

BOZ said that it's her most confessional and vulnerable album to date. He also described it as "the diary of a lost girl looking for guidance", so I think that this will definitely be her rawest and most personal work to date. The album photoshoot makes a lot of sense. It's an invitation to her most private place - her bedroom (my bedroom is a sacred place now), - where she can express herself freely. Didn't she call the album "conversational" back in May? The title itself initiates a conversation with the listener, and its strong visual metaphor implies that this will be a deep exploration of her inner thoughts. The oversaturated photos of flowers, ocean waves and industrial spaces create a rather unhinged and ambivalent atmosphere as if everything has been contaminated through a dreamlike (or even nightmarish) vision. Even the covers for the mint and light pink vinyl variants toy with this artificial aspect - the clash between reality and fiction - with the colour Neil added to Lana's clothes/eyes etc. It all feels very intentional and carefully thought-out, I think. 

GENIUS POST :et::oprah::oprah4::wowcry:

Her magnum opus is coming.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

43 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I wonder what her next album will be like if in this one, she is getting everything off her chest. I’m really excited to see what is to come with this album and everything after 

whatever it is, the main thing is that she doesn’t finish her career, I’m really afraid of it

45 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I wonder what her next album will be like if in this one, she is getting everything off her chest. I’m really excited to see what is to come with this album and everything after 

this really seems like the album Question for the Culture was meant to precede, with both COCC and BB being her way of building up courage to tackle its themes. really wonder if she'll take a thematic leap now that the journey seems to be over

10 minutes ago, World At War said:

this really seems like the album Question for the Culture was meant to precede, with both COCC and BB being her way of building up courage to tackle its themes. really wonder if she'll take a thematic leap now that the journey seems to be over

That is definitely what I’m thinking. I’m very excited 

1 hour ago, wheresthatboyfromdreams said:

whatever it is, the main thing is that she doesn’t finish her career, I’m really afraid of it

people have theorized that she’s quitting music after every release since Paradise. she seems content with where she’s at right now, i don’t think she’s going anywhere lol

If Lana quit her career or decided to take a five-year break, I wouldn't even be *that* upset at this point. Seriously. We all need to be a little more grateful with how often she releases great music. Almost ten albums in ten years, over 11 hours of music, hundreds and hundreds of good to great to excellent unreleased. We've been MORE than fed by this woman

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

If Lana quit her career or decided to take a five-year break, I wouldn't even be upset at this point. Seriously. We all need to be a little more grateful with how often she releases great music. Almost ten albums in ten years, over 11 hours of music, hundreds and hundreds of good to great to excellent unreleased. We've been MORE than fed by this woman

Same. If Lana decides Tunnel is the last contribution she is doing to this world, I wouldn’t be a bit mad. She would be leaving a beautiful, beautiful legacy of not only ethereal music but also stunning poetry and overall perfect art

and also for giving me Margaret

Just now, kaliuchis said:

Same. If Lana decides Tunnel is the last contribution she is doing to this world, I wouldn’t be not even a bit mad. She would be leaving a beautiful, beautiful legacy of not only ethereal music but also stunning poetry and overall art

Exactly. The music is going to last forever and get even better with time

37 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

Same. If Lana decides Tunnel is the last contribution she is doing to this world, I wouldn’t be a bit mad. She would be leaving a beautiful, beautiful legacy of not only ethereal music but also stunning poetry and overall perfect art

36 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Exactly. The music is going to last forever and get even better with time

Oh god I’m about to tear up beyoncelove.gif 😭😭😭

38 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Exatamente. A música vai durar para sempre e ficar ainda melhor com o tempo

I feel that Lana's music will become more and more meaningful as time goes by. I know she has this concern about being forgotten, but she definitely won't be. Just see the new generation discovering all of her discography so far. Later generations will also rediscover it, so it goes...

And, along with the changes and general contexts of the world, each album will be able to have a new meaning and become even more valuable. Remember when BTD on its release was just considered "bad influence music for young girls" and is now recognized as the most influential pop album in the music industry in that decade?

It makes me think, "What about Blue Banisters? What about Chemtrails? Btw, what about Did... Ocean Blvd? What about everything we're seeing firsthand today?"

Guys, ten years is a long time! We're already experiencing the longevity of Lana's work now. She has songs from 10 years ago going viral on modern social media.

What will become of Lana Del Rey?

Everything but an abandoned tunnel.

Hello guys. I'm new to the site. Hope it's fun.

8 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

I feel that Lana's music will become more and more meaningful as time goes by. I know she has this concern about being forgotten, but she definitely won't be. Just see the new generation discovering all of her discography so far. Later generations will also rediscover it, so it goes...

And, along with the changes and general contexts of the world, each album will be able to have a new meaning and become even more valuable. Remember when BTD on its release was just considered "bad influence music for young girls" and is now recognized as the most influential pop album in the music industry in that decade?

It makes me think, "What about Blue Banisters? What about Chemtrails? Btw, what about Did... Ocean Blvd? What about everything we're seeing firsthand today?"

Guys, ten years is a long time! We're already experiencing the longevity of Lana's work now. She has songs from 10 years ago going viral on modern social media.

Welcome! What a wonderful first post. :oprah:

This is something I think about a lot, and I am very grateful to be experiencing the evolution of her music with all of you. She is undeniably one of the last great American singer-songwriters out there, and like you've already mentioned, the waves of her impact are already being felt.

I remember the first day I discovered her when I listened to Video Games for the first time, before BTD even came out. It was right then and there that I knew she was going to be one of the greats of our generation. The new record is going to be out of this world if it's anything like the title track + album descriptions. She had a vision, and never compromised for anyone.

18 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Welcome! What a wonderful first post. :oprah:

This is something I think about a lot, and I am very grateful to be experiencing the evolution of her music with all of you. She is undeniably one of the last great American singer-songwriters out there, and like you've already mentioned, the waves of her impact are already being felt.

I remember the first day I discovered her when I listened to Video Games for the first time, before BTD even came out. It was right then and there that I knew she was going to be one of the greats of our generation. The new record is going to be out of this world if it's anything like the title track + album descriptions. She had a vision, and never compromised for anyone.

Thank you! I agrre with you! :wub:

I remember how everyone had their bellies full just from Born to Die and Ultraviolence. Nobody knew what was yet to come. That's why I still have a lot of expectations about her art. She told W Interview:

"At the end of every album, I say goodbye and thank you—very Old Hollywood style—and yet I cannot help but just continue to write".

If she retired now, she would have done enough, but as long as she's here, so will I.

1 minute ago, terrenceszyou said:

Thank you! I agrre with you! :wub:

I remember how everyone had their bellies full just from Born to Die and Ultraviolence. Nobody knew what was yet to come. That's why I still have a lot of expectations about her art. She told W Interview:

"At the end of every album, I say goodbye and thank you—very Old Hollywood style—and yet I cannot help but just continue to write".

If she retired now, she would have done enough, but as long as she's here, so will I.

:wowcry::wowcry: 

34 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

this is a great first post, intuitive and insightful! :wub:  welcome to lanaboards! :wave2: :heart: 

WGe8ynS.gif

34 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

i dont know who you are and what ur here for but U SPILLED 

welcome to LB babe <3

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I'm listening to "Religion" right after "Yosemite," and I just got the chills thinking about how we are about to receive an album with a majority of the tracks being the length of these two masterpieces or longer

There's something about Lana's songs that are over 5 minutes. :wowcry:

5 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

i dont know who you are and what ur here for but U SPILLED 

welcome to LB babe <3

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

this is a great first post, intuitive and insightful! :wub:  welcome to lanaboards! :wave2: :heart: 

Oh, gosh, thank you so much! This will be cool :D

8 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

No but it's trew it's trewww :true:

I always say whenever  i see some nay-sayers when they start to criticize Lana's direction since post-NFR, some people just want a BTD 2.0, UV 2.0, HM 2.0 without realize what Lana is capable of - she can give us something fresh & new and she is THAT BITCH whenever she does something she's never done before.

Yes, COCC and BB came and went, but listening to them after NFR - it makes sense somehow when ur able to feel connected to her headspace and thats the magic to be discovered &unpacked thru her art.

Ocean Blvd will be her next best American record, i can feel it. It might even influence a whole new decade to come... :angie:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing