Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

On 12/17/2022 at 2:53 PM, GeminiLanaFan said:

I know this album will have singer -songwriter vibes and there a lot of long songs in it like BoZ said, which « complicates » a bit the choice of singles. the title track made a lot of sense as a single (length, vibes, producers), but I wish the next one will be more up-tempo ish or have more guitars… A&W, I’m dying to hear it… but do you release one of the highlights as a single (even if she did so with VB)? I know it’s often done, but still. I’m curious about Fingertips, the Grants also… I just hope the next single has a MV. 
maybe it will be the song with the long-ass acronym? 

I’m feeling very skeptical about music videos, I feel like there won’t be any I don’t know why. Not here to spread negativity but the way white dress and chemtrails were shot/edited didn’t feel like lana movies at all… and let’s not talk about the two bb movies (even though arcadia was cute). But if she does release music videos I’d like them to be in the vein of the honeymoon one or the 14 minutes nfr one 

edit: the skepticism part comes from the fact that she didn’t release a movie for the lead single, I know it happened with the first 3 tracks from bb but that album was something else

1 hour ago, ByDayAnother said:

I remember after releasing Paradise she said something along the lines of  “I don’t really know if I have anything else to say”.

LOL

I think she was going to quit and become I director or something??? 

11 hours ago, AsDangerousAsHope said:

you’re Brazilian, me too!!! Girl, I bought the red hmv vinyl but they only deliver in the UK so I paid for a UK address and when it gets there I’m gonna pay even more to deliver here in São Paulo. I don’t even know how much it’s going to cost at the end also I don’t wanna know, that’s a future me problem :crai:

Hii :party:you are so brave for this, I once tried to buy something from the USA with a Delaware address I think, but it was too complicated so I gave up :hide:  

But I saw that universal music and imusic are selling the other vinyl versions (white one for R$299, mint green for R$ 176) and I'm so tempted even though I don't even have  a record player :silly: you're lucky to live in São Paulo, get them alllllll 

ocean blvd has haunted my head since it came out. my boyfriend is tired of me saying ‘don’t forget me’ every 5 minutes under my breath. he pretty much knows the lyrics atp. this song has taken over my life. it’s a reason to live. it is my life now. :air::air2:

Just now, bewhitehotforever said:

ocean blvd has haunted my head since it came out. my boyfriend is tired of me saying ‘don’t forget me’ every 5 minutes under my breath. he pretty much knows the lyrics atp. this song has taken over my life. it’s a reason to live. it is my life now. :air::air2:

LMAO me too yesterday we hosted a holiday party for our close friends and I was in charge of the music so I put on DYK and my fiancée immediately turns around like :sideeye: Tunnel supremacy!!! :rock:

54 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

I’m feeling very skeptical about music videos, I feel like there won’t be any I don’t know why. Not here to spread negativity but the way white dress and chemtrails were shot/edited didn’t feel like lana movies at all… and let’s not talk about the two bb movies (even though arcadia was cute). But if she does release music videos I’d like them to be in the vein of the honeymoon one or the 14 minutes nfr one 

edit: the skepticism part comes from the fact that she didn’t release a movie for the lead single, I know it happened with the first 3 tracks from bb but that album was something else

Yeah I’m starting to think the MV part of this era could be smaller than we expected… Probably because of the gorgeous photoshoot for W magazine and because of the « return to bigger production » we thought this era would be as « big » as Norman. Plus she’s been doing tremendously well this whole year on Spotify… But I guess she’s still in the « BB state of mind » for marketing… Maybe some cute homemade MV was filmed for the title track and it got lost on her stolen computer… (even if so, wouldn’t someone else have a damn copy of it?)

The album cover sure is a serve and this album already feels incredible, but if there aren’t any MV for this era, it will make the pre-release a bit « drier » (although, I must say, a MV needs to be really good to have my hyped for more than a few hours :coffee:)

9 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

No but it's trew it's trewww :true:

I always say whenever  i see some nay-sayers when they start to criticize Lana's direction since post-NFR, some people just want a BTD 2.0, UV 2.0, HM 2.0 without realize what Lana is capable of - she can give us something fresh & new and she is THAT BITCH whenever she does something she's never done before.

Yes, COCC and BB came and went, but listening to them after NFR - it makes sense somehow when ur able to feel connected to her headspace and thats the magic to be discovered &unpacked thru her art.

Ocean Blvd will be her next best American record, i can feel it. It might even influence a whole new decade to come... :angie:

honestly these "fans" can choke :eyeroll2: and that's coming from someone whose favorite album is Honeymoon (in my top5 albums of all time)

5 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Here’s to hoping that the album is what brings Ajayll back to YouTube. :$

if Beyoncé didn’t bring her back no one will… she’s probably d word by now :air2:

It's surprising how safe the tracklist is so far. I've been thinking how interesting it would be if Lana did some publicity like Taylor Swift's "Midnights Mayhen With Me" - but, in her own way :wub: -, announcing titles, explanations of each track and its duration, especially when these always give something to talk about .
Feeling a great drought... :smh:

2 minutes ago, Thoth said:

I had a dream. It was a double album release. That was why she wrote X in her Instagram post. Everyone who ordered Ocean Blvd vinyl was getting a surprise LDR10 vinyl with it. It was amazing.

it would be interesting to receive at least one covers album along with Ocean Blvd. :flutter: