Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

Are we getting a music video for DYKTTATUOB? :excited: 

Hope is a dangerous thing but honestly I think we are. Lana dropped the mv for Blue Banisters a couple days before the album release, even though she posted those 3 songs in May. This era feels too special and the aesthetic is way to good for her not to make visuals :true:

Lana please announce a music video for fuxk sake the song is doing sooo well on streaming platforms :lange:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I'm honestly glad she is (presumably) spreading out the singles this time around rather than releasing three all at once. Imagine we had already heard three new songs and were already this starving for more info. Hopefully the rollout continues to go smoothly and we get a new song sometime in early-mid January. :true:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

2 hours ago, Frostitute said:

Exactly. And that is why blue banisters is her worst album. 

I know the reviews are anything but unbiased (the professional ones) but I find it funny that after being hyper acclaimed with NFR her next two albums got 80+ on MC, what a coincidence! I honestly think HM and UV deserve that score much more than BB. Let's hope this album gets 85+/90.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I know the reviews are anything but unbiased (the professional ones) but I find it funny that after being hyper acclaimed with NFR her next two albums got 80+ on MC, what a coincidence! I honestly think HM and UV deserve that score much more than BB. Let's hope this album gets 85+/90.

I want a 92

I’m really hoping we get a higher production music video this time. I love her homemade/random clip ones (not saying they’re bad or cheap) but something like a ride or national anthem style video would be really cool to see again. Basically something a little longer or with a monologue 

From a lyrical perspective, I’m still stunned at how much growth Lana’s had as an artist in the past few years. 

I mean, Lana has always peppered in pop culture references in her work, but I find TUOB’s (such as with Hotel California and Nilsson’s Don’t Forget Me) to be almost necessary additions to the song. They aren’t just nods to similar themes or musical interests of hers: they’re irreplaceable elements of the track. 

Similarly, while Lana’s certainly no stranger to immersing her listeners in sensory details, her describing of, “Mosaic ceilings, painted tiles on the wall,” not only provides the visual landscape of the track, but it also serves as an intentional device to compare the tunnel’s rich inner existence to her own. 

Even in a broader sense, the lyricism is incredibly original and largely strays from cliches while still managing to be relatable in a work full of hyper-specificities.

She is seriously in a league of her own!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

In before Track 12 is…

Did you know that there’s a billboard in Tulsa, Oklahoma:godlaugh2:

when this is the lead single from the album after this one and it's a confessional, angsty track about her relationship with sean :dua: 

WGe8ynS.gif