Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I'm really fine with how smooth this era is going without any leak or snippet but im also not really fine with how i have to be held up until i get to listen to this whole project in March. Urghh What cruel world is this Lanaaaaa? :angie:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

26 minutes ago, mypolaroidfrown said:

I'm super excited for the new album of course. I was really sad to hear that her vehicle was broken into and she had things stolen. I'm especially sad about the book she was writing, I hope she was able to recover some of what she lost. I figured that after that incident, things would be delayed.

I'm just really grateful that she's still releasing music, especially after all she's been through with the break-ins, theft, leaks, etc.  

I love the new single. Lyrically, sonically, it's perfection. As she grows older, she's going to change, as we all do. She's not necessarily going to be singing about the things she sang about 10, 15 years ago. Her wants and needs are different now. I'm Lana's age, so in a way I feel like I've sort of grown up with her, over these past 10 years.  

I still hold out hope, foolish as it may be, that she will put out an unreleased collection at some point. I would just love for her to hand pick her favorite unreleased tracks, and really dive into that. Yes I know it's all available on youtube, soundcloud, etc, but I still would love an official curated release from her.

Anyway, back to the new record. Looks like she has a lot of features on this one. The only one I'm familiar with is Father John Misty, I don't know who any of the other people are, but when I have a chance I'll go online and check them out! It Will be interesting to see what she cooks up for us kids!

i loved reading this post. i would also love an official curated collection of her unreleased stuff, like possibly songs she personally loves and wish made albums or something. not just fan favorites. i think that would be super cool.

Do you guys think we'll ever have another album with lyrics as before COCC?

She took a very different path in therms of lyricism on COCC and BB. Will we ever have another glimpse of the Lana we heard on HM, LFL or even NFR?

I already got used to the fact that she won't sing about sugar daddys and drugs anymore, and even tho I love those themes (especially in the most dramatic songs like Million Dollar Man, Without You and Pretty When You Cry), I guess i'm okay with it. But I really miss the devoted 'ride or die' woman persona she used to channel back in the old days.

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

8 minutes ago, Dreamboy said:

She took a very different path in therms of lyricism on COCC and BB. Will we ever have another glimpse of the Lana we heard on HM, LFL or even NFR?

I already got used to the fact that she won't sing about sugar daddys and drugs anymore, and even tho I love those themes (especially in the most dramatic songs like Million Dollar Man, Without You and Pretty When You Cry), I guess i'm okay with it. But I really miss the devoted 'ride or die' woman persona she used to channel back in the old days.

I don't personally think so. I look at Lust for Life as the final gift for people who enjoy that style of lyricism before she started exploring new themes, ideas, and images

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Big Star said:

there's no spoken parts as we can tell from the writing credits ;)

i really think the song may be about that one post she posted on insta about her family as everyone is speculating :wub:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZxxcfuJ-Gp5iuR6V8MMz9Kw042Hbst2gkQhVU0/

This song is going to be divine :wowcry:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I just really hope the rest of the album is clearly represented when she released the title track for this album. The title track's lyrics are so fucking good. The instrumental is so FUCKING GOOD, top tier from Lana. The lyrics are super fucking good. I want the rest of the album to be held to this quality and want to expect it to be this high but sometimes setting expectations too high will fuck yourself over. The lyrical changes as the song goes from, "Tell me you like it" to "Tell me you like me" and "There's a tunnel under ocean blvd" changing to "Don't forget me like the tunnel under ocean blvd" are so subtle, but seem so important. I want the album right now.... she literally hyped me up without doing much at all this album cycle. literally the photoshoot, the title track, i'm ready for the next song and the full album

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I second this 💯. We’ve been spoiled since the announcement (to the announcement :oic2:). It usually gets real quiet two days after the lead is released but this time, BoZ talked a lot about some tracks, their length… Plus we’re just about to enter holiday season, when everything is quiet AF. I still can’t believe we got the gorgeous title track and the preorder before the end of 2022. 
i really think and hope a second single is on its way somewhere before February but at the moment, we’ve got to count our blessings. 

Yes, I meant that I'm fine with this until Lana releases another single (which she must!! :trisha: ) before the album is out. February would be perfect for that! :agree:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, American Whore said:

I just really hope the rest of the album is clearly represented when she released the title track for this album. The title track's lyrics are so fucking good. The instrumental is so FUCKING GOOD, top tier from Lana. The lyrics are super fucking good. I want the rest of the album to be held to this quality and want to expect it to be this high but sometimes setting expectations too high will fuck yourself over. The lyrical changes as the song goes from, "Tell me you like it" to "Tell me you like me" and "There's a tunnel under ocean blvd" changing to "Don't forget me like the tunnel under ocean blvd" are so subtle, but seem so important. I want the album right now.... she literally hyped me up without doing much at all this album cycle. literally the photoshoot, the title track, i'm ready for the next song and the full album

The insiders both said the title track is one of her best singles in years, but there are even better songs on the album (long acronym and A&W for example); I'm so excited :wowcry:

31 minutes ago, Dreamboy said:

this is kinda funny to me, cuz every single era ive experienced on here, ppl have said the same thing

after Honeymoon,  everyone said her lyrics changed and will never be the same again

after LFL,  everyone said her lyrics changed and will never be the same again

after NFR,  everyone said her lyrics changed and will never be the same again

now what

image.png

7 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

now we wait for her to stop the joni mitchell cosplay and get back to the real BAWPS 

nene-leakes.gif

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

I know BoZ really likes this album but does anyone know his taste? What albums does he not like and which ones does he like? 

He loves BTD, UV, and NFR. Wasn't too big on the last two albums and said Honeymoon has some low points but it's good