Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, lilac heaven said:

okay listen i feel like A&W would’ve been cooler i’d jack didn’t spoil that the hook of the song is “American Whore” in the first place… it would be a Cola situation and would’ve been a surprise if you’re listening to the song for the first time and then she says that and it shocks you

Jack was an idiot for that one 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, lilac heaven said:

okay listen i feel like A&W would’ve been cooler if jack didn’t spoil that the hook of the song is “American Whore” in the first place… it would be a Cola situation and would’ve been a surprise if you’re listening to the song for the first time and then she says that and it shocks you

True but knowing that we have American Whore to look forward to is equally thrilling :grinds:

8 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

Reasons Why Lana Could Be Releasing Disco OR the Sample Could Be Disco: 

I keep imagining an outro like FIILY’s where Disco’s “I am my own god now” is layered with new lyrics:oprah:

It would be such an iconic way to close a record that includes a sermon and religious themes!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

okay listen i feel like A&W would’ve been cooler if jack didn’t spoil that the hook of the song is “American Whore” in the first place… it would be a Cola situation and would’ve been a surprise if you’re listening to the song for the first time and then she says that and it shocks you

I think we would have already known without Jack saying so. :hide:

12 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

Reasons Why the Sample Could Be Disco: 

tulla-luana-web-diva.gif

a) she posted a video with disco in it a while ago (2017) .... she also did that with cherry blossom, and cherry blossom was eventually released. disco could be another one of her favorite tracks that she's made, and she's already shared it in one form, so it's possible she'll want to release it or sample it because she loves it

b) there's also the "made me feel like a god" line in white dress which is similar to "i am my only god", another (smaller, perhaps coincidental) callback to disco

d) lana posted on honeymoon with the caption "#IJustDon'tCareeeeeee" which is a line from disco (also the only line that she sung in the 2017 video... it could be her favorite line! if she samples a lyric or the melody it could be that one)

37RoDMY.png

c) kaiman kazazian (who styled her!! and did the illustrations) posted part of an old video of lizzy singing disco (this one) to her story the same day lana made her "U can take ‘em out of the trailer park but…." post

e) she was going through old photos, posted a photo of her in a scarface sweatshirt, etc etc all around the same time as her trailer park girl post in september. these are all very ~lizzy grant~ activities and if she WAS filming something around that time and it WAS related to disco/the song she samples disco in... it makes sense that she'd revisit her lizzy days!

f) she posted the ASCAP news clipping from the lizzy show where she met ben, which is just a nice little memory, but she didn't post anything for BTD 10th anniversary so like i don't think she's good at remembering anniversaries unless they're on her mind and why was this one in particular on her mind? because she was revisiting old shows and lizzy things!!!!!!! to prepare for releasing a song that samples disco/releasing disco!!!

Reveal hidden contents

it could also be a different lizzy song:

kaiman commented this the trailer park post

WG7bCyh.png

yes im crazy and yes to me this is a pawn shop blues reference, cuties are a kind of orange and then the orange emoji... bread and oranges!!!! and chuck posted that video they made to pawn shop blues a while ago!!!!

you may be saying, but honeybadger, there's no writers credited for disco! and to that i say lana could've very well written that song all by herself, just as she did with many of her laptop demos and songs around that time, and therefore doesn't need to credit anybody for the writing whether she's sampling lyrics, melody, etc. i don't think she would have to credit anybody besides herself

and now i am done. phone-tulla.gif

I am a Disco truther also we know how BOZ likes to say things that don't line up with the actual project at times so I am a Disco truther 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471ckph1orz6ltazhhor

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

i would throw the "releasing disco" part out the window then, that was really just an afterthought on my part :toofunny:...

and i wouldn't consider a sample a rework, plus if BOZ considered it to be then he would be contradicting himself :oprah3:

no but you might be onto something! i'm just being heavily skeptical about EVERYTHING right now gorl where-magnifyingglass.gif

nb4 it's us against the world or hundred dollar bill. both of those don't have anyone else on writing credits on lanapedia

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

18 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

Reasons Why the Sample Could Be Disco: 

tulla-luana-web-diva.gif

a) she posted a video with disco in it a while ago (2017) .... she also did that with cherry blossom, and cherry blossom was eventually released. disco could be another one of her favorite tracks that she's made, and she's already shared it in one form, so it's possible she'll want to release it or sample it because she loves it

b) there's also the "made me feel like a god" line in white dress which is similar to "i am my only god", another (smaller, perhaps coincidental) callback to disco

d) lana posted on honeymoon with the caption "#IJustDon'tCareeeeeee" which is a line from disco (also the only line that she sung in the 2017 video... it could be her favorite line! if she samples a lyric or the melody it could be that one)

37RoDMY.png

c) kaiman kazazian (who styled her!! and did the illustrations) posted part of an old video of lizzy singing disco (this one) to her story the same day lana made her "U can take ‘em out of the trailer park but…." post

e) she was going through old photos, posted a photo of her in a scarface sweatshirt, etc etc all around the same time as her trailer park girl post in september. these are all very ~lizzy grant~ activities and if she WAS filming something around that time and it WAS related to disco/the song she samples disco in... it makes sense that she'd revisit her lizzy days!

f) she posted the ASCAP news clipping from the lizzy show where she met ben, which is just a nice little memory, but she didn't post anything for BTD 10th anniversary so like i don't think she's good at remembering anniversaries unless they're on her mind and why was this one in particular on her mind? because she was revisiting old shows and lizzy things!!!!!!! to prepare for releasing a song that samples disco/releasing disco!!!

Reveal hidden contents

it could also be a different lizzy song:

kaiman commented this the trailer park post

WG7bCyh.png

yes im crazy and yes to me this is a pawn shop blues reference, cuties are a kind of orange and then the orange emoji... bread and oranges!!!! and chuck posted that video they made to pawn shop blues a while ago!!!!

you may be saying, but honeybadger, there's no writers credited for disco! and to that i say lana could've very well written that song all by herself, just as she did with many of her laptop demos and songs around that time, and therefore doesn't need to credit anybody for the writing whether she's sampling lyrics, melody, etc. i don't think she would have to credit anybody besides herself

and now i am done. phone-tulla.gif

We love a properly cited argument. You’re in your MLA era. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

didn't Kintsugi say that if he gave the song title she sampled away, it would give away the song or something like that? That makes me think it's a continuation of some sorts, so it's really between How to Disappear and High by the Beach :deadbanana:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

didn't Kintsugi say that if he gave the song title she sampled away, it would give away the song or something like that? That makes me think it's a continuation of some sorts, so it's really between How to Disappear and High by the Beach :deadbanana:

it can’t be HBTB unfortunately because Nowels is credited as a writer on that song and not on the album :rip: also boz said the interpolation a fan favorite which isn’t necessarily the case for HTD. i feel like it has to be Venice Bitch or something else from NFR that a lot of people love

They're literally building one of those A&W restaurants by where I live, I should pay them to do an LDR American Whore meal :true:

imageproxy.jpg

this is my third time saying this in the last 12 hours but idc!! i think the outro of VB, “if you weren’t mine i’d be jealous of your love”, is going to be a part of the chorus of this new song; it’s a fan favorite, it’s catchy, it can be sung over literally anything and easily worked into something else, and maybe that’s why spoiling what track the sample is of is kind of spoiling the whole song itself

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

this is my third time saying this in the last 12 hours but idc!! i think the outro of VB, “if you weren’t mine i’d be jealous of your love”, is going to be a part of the chorus of this new song; it’s a fan favorite, it’s catchy, it can be sung over literally anything and easily worked into something else, and maybe that’s why spoiling what track the sample is of is kind of spoiling the whole song itself

Yeah I'm guessing it will be from Venice Bitch. Songs from Chemtrails are too much of a mixed bag 

A Venice Bitch sample is my dream come true :oprah:

Why don't we think it's from Born To Die though, isn't Rick only involved in some songs? I still think it could be Video Games 

25 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

He did say this about the last song:

I feel like I would spoil the whole sample surprise if I said anything about it so I'm just going to stay silent on that matter

So I guess if the song title is something like Jealous of Your Love, it would give away the Venice Bitch sample. But he didn't specifically say it for the title. He said it for the vibes.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

The only NFR track that could be described as an "absolute fan favourite" is Venice Bitch. Didn't Kintsugi say that Track 16 is major and has an outro for the books? Perhaps the song closes with a psychedelic instrumental that features a sample from Venice Bitch:creepna:

4 minutes ago, DCooper said:

A Venice Bitch sample is my dream come true :oprah:

Why don't we think it's from Born To Die though, isn't Rick only involved in some songs? I still think it could be Video Games 

every writer from the track that’s being sampled needs to be credited, so looking at the album credits, the only possibilities are every Lana/Jack original song besides FIILY, Happiness is a Butterfly, and Breaking Up Slowly, but when you consider that it needs to be a fan favorite it also narrows that list down a lot

it can’t be Video Games because that song was co-written by Justin Parker

Just now, bluebanist said:

have anything happened 

tectonics plates have shifted, the ice caps have melted ever so slightly, pollution has increased