Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

15 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I cannot believe there’s an entire album surrounding this song 

An 80 minute album  :angie:

And we've only experienced 12 minutes of it  :angie:

It's going to be one hell of a ride  :angie:

4 hours ago, judah slut interlude said:

can i honestly just say that although i can see why they might, i really hope people don’t just hear the word ‘whore’ and the trap beat and just completely ignore the social commentary of the lyrical content, because this is possibly her most culturally relevant song since the greatest

She's mumbling the first half, it's unsurprising people aren't paying attention to the lyrics

5 minutes ago, living legend said:

Terri Jo just reacted to A&W on tik tok live and i’ve got a recording of it 

she’s so iconic and lives for lana sm. she’s gonna help with the album streams fr

please send me it

my insta: jackbtd 

31 minutes ago, the ocean said:

tracing fingertips over plastic bags and i think "i wish that i could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two"

REAL music :true:

i can't wait for this, no music yet but the words already hit hard :defeated:

c8ac4cfed8d3f248e77fb915f16d11bceaec719a

i can't help but feel somewhat like my body marred my soul

handmade beauty sealed up by two man-made walls

7 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

she could’ve released this instead of QFTC tbh :trisha:

idk. i'm kinda happy we went through QFTC because the redemption arc is just gorgeous... and she's still saying what the fuck she wants, with her whole chest. 

So many thoughts about the new song now that it’s really settled in!

Initially, I think my preconceived notions of how A&W would sound threw me off quite a bit, but after a few more plays and listening past those expectations, I can confidently say A&W is going to be one of my all-time favorites. 

Also, prior to the correct lyrics being posted, I didn’t remotely catch just how dark and nuanced this song is. That’s its own conversation, but I’m seriously so impressed—with A&W and the title track, the full picture of the record is slowly becoming more clear. 

Also, I cannot stress enough how amazing this song is with headphones—cranking up the volume with them really highlights her inflection and the little production gems.

She knows she’s about to release album of the century:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath