Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

31 minutes ago, The Grants said:

also since its been some time track 2 ranking !

1. Off to The Races

2. Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

3. Mariners Apartment Complex

4. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

5. Lust for Life

6. American

7. Ultraviolence

8. Music to Watch Boys To

9. Blue Banisters

1. Mariners Apartment Complex
2. Off to the Races

3. American

4. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

5. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

6. Ultraviolence

7. Lust for Life

9. Blue Banisters

Whew that was tough. Not a dud in sight, it hurts to put some of them so low. 

8V7Yvel.png

2 minutes ago, Jared said:

Jack has chemistry with Lana that can't be replicated by any other female artist he works with ( and he works with plenty). I know they're seething hard right now.  

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing.png

Taylor grinding her teeth seeing what Vigilante Shite could’ve been 😭

18 minutes ago, shadesofyayo said:

TIMESTAMPS?

i can’t be bothered to go back lol I made a video lemme just work out how to do it so I can link it lmfao

edit: tried tiktok and IT KEEPS FUCKING REMOVING IT

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

a&w may actually be her most unique and interesting song she’s ever released. i don’t think i’ve ever heard anything quite like it. the production is so tight and yet so loose and unhinged. it’s so fresh and new yet so classic lana. the lyrics are so poignant and cutting. the jimmy part really hits it home with just her (possibly improvised?) vibing and its so perfect. this is truly the experience of being an american whore. like, YES IT IS. she really tapped into some things on this song i needed to hear her say, and im so glad its a real song. i have a strong feeling that this might be her most sonically and lyrically adventurous record to date. im so excited. 

giphy.gif

Just now, anwdelrey said:

Kind of upset by how stoopid this fanbase is. No critical thinking, just beats and vibes I guess. (And yes, I’m talking about the Tik Tok kids).

I downloaded tiktok again to see how she was doing there. Deleted two tiktoks in; best decision

Track 2 ranking 

1.Mariners Apartment Complex
2.Off to the Races 

3.Music to Watch Boys to 

4.American

5.Ultraviolence  

6.Chemtrails Over the Country Club

7.Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd 

8.Lust for Life 

9.Blue Banisters 

Track 4 ranking

1.A&W

2.Brooklyn Baby

3.God Knows I Tried 

4.Video Games

5.Body Electric 

6.Cherry

7.Fuck it I Love You

8.Let me love you like a woman 

9.Trio

1 minute ago, Brooklynbaby said:

I posted it on yt here you go lmfao 

woah what? i had no idea there where so many samples 

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

I have a neat observation about Kintsugi & her latest interview for anyone interested!

Spoiler

In Kintsugi, we know she talks about death, contemplating who will be with one when they’re dying, etc. 

In her most recent interview, she says the following: “…the discovery oftelomeres  and the extinction of death and how we’ve always been edging towards .”

For anyone unfamiliar, telomeres are regions at the end of chromosomes that are slowly lost with aging from repeated DNA replication.

It appears that Lana’s hope is to prevent death for her/her family, and it’s clear this will be a reoccurring theme in her record (likely with Grandfather as well)—such a heartbreaking but beautifully existential sentiment.

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, terrencelovesy0u said:

woah what? i had no idea there where so many samples 

I may not be right lol it’s just what I hear everyone may here something different (I’m sure the annoying tiktok stans will let me know if they do 🙄)

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

I'm late to the party, but all I can say is WOW.  Even with the descriptions the insiders gave us, it was much different than I expected. I think it fits Kintsugi's description of dark and berserk but vulnerable perfectly. The transition to the Jimmy part is insane and I can't get the whole second half out of my head. THIS WOMAN :defeated:

When you know, you know
That it's time to leave
Like the summer breeze

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I have a neat observation about Kintsugi & her latest interview for anyone interested!

Hide contents

In Kintsugi, we know she talks about death, contemplating who will be with one when they’re dying, etc. 

In her most recent interview, she says the following: “…the discovery oftelomeres  and the extinction of death and how we’ve always been edging towards .”

For anyone unfamiliar, telomeres are regions at the end of chromosomes that are slowly lost with aging from repeated DNA replication.

It appears that Lana’s hope is to prevent death for her/her family, and it’s clear this will be a reoccurring theme in her record (likely with Grandfather as well)—such a heartbreaking but beautifully existential sentiment.

This is my favourite part of the interview and as a proud supporter of the death-positive movement, I am really looking forward to hearing her explore this issue. And also it will be refreshing for the GP to hear Lana talk about death in a mature way and stop going on and on about her “rOmAntisIzInG s**cide”

edit: not me having to edit my grammar in every single post because I’m so distracted by the song

2 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

I may not be right lol it’s just what I hear everyone may here something different (I’m sure the annoying tiktok stans will let me know if they do 🙄)

i love your video! it’s so smart honestly i wouldnt have heard any of the connections but now i can!!! 

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

i wish i could go back to when i heard this song for the first time. of course it’s still phenomenal but wow hearing the transition and beat drop for the first time…insane. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

10 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

I downloaded tiktok again to see how she was doing there. Deleted two tiktoks in; best decision

I deleted TikTok last august and have had no desire to get it back since then. I’m back to enjoying the things I truly love, films & albums. Without TikTok to taint my opinions or spoil everything or ruin my attention span and steal hours out of my day. 

23 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

1. Mariners Apartment Complex
2. Off to the Races

3. American

4. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

5. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

6. Ultraviolence

7. Lust for Life

9. Blue Banisters

Whew that was tough. Not a dud in sight, it hurts to put some of them so low. 

1. Mariners Apartment Complex

2. Off to the Races

3. Ultraviolence

4. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

5. Music to Watch Boys To

6. Ocean Blvd

7.Lust for Life 

8. American

9. Blue Banisters

honestly i feel like 4,5,6 are all on the same level