Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I missed all the hype while being at work. Everything has already been said. Not much to add. I am just fucking floored. Totally wasn't expecting this level. It is amazing how she keeps pushing boundaries and changing 10+ years into her career. Just like, fucking legend behavior. No contemporaries can compete with her, she truly is one of a kind. Song is obv 10/10, instant classic. Love love love both sides, the lyrics just raw and visceral in the best way, there is a real bite that isn't as muted as the last couple albums. We are so fucking lucky guys.

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Is it as good as shades of cool though?:um2:

Personally I don’t find them comparable because they’re so different but that’s just me:oprah3:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Is it as good as shades of cool though?:um2:

Different types of tracks to me, A&W feels more introspective and a reflection of her real life, thoughts, feelings, experiences, etc. That said if I had to pick between the two A&W hits harder than Shades. 

my impression of this album is that it is absolutely essential to have the lyrics pulled up while listening. the jimmy coco part is so memorable, that the first half of a&w can get lost. not on lanaboards, but certainly on social media i’ve seen people say they didn’t pay much attention until part 2 or want more songs like part 2, which to me completely erases the whole song and its meaning. like damn you’re just gonna ignore her songwriting? 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Any guesses what the song Paris, Texas will sound like? 
i watched the film for the first time a few days ago. I loved it. It was cinematically gorgeous, 10/10 acting&writing, perfect music score. Basically thought it was a flawless movie. 
With Lana I really don’t know what to expect. Maybe it won’t have anything to do with the movie at all. Maybe it’s about the actual place? I’d love if the production was similar to the score in the film. Idk but I’m so excited. 

Thinking about how important it was that she released the title track first...so much of that song is concerned with cultural memory and the very human desire of not wanting to be forgotten to the the labyrinth of history, and after listening to A&W, I get this sense that this album is Lana's metaphorical swan song (not literal, and no, not into retirement either); it's her loud declaration/expression of her dedication to her music and her art that will cement her as a force of nature in the music industry. Her Ray of Light, so to speak.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just like all the experimentation and play with sounds, clips, production etc. Somebody mentioned it earlier but def serves Nine Inch Nails to me, maybe mixed with some Bjork. I can see the Massed comparisons too. Just wow, what a fucking experience. Second half def serves Paradise and that unreleased energy/vibe.

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

my impression of this album is that it is absolutely essential to have the lyrics pulled up while listening. the jimmy coco part is so memorable, that the first half of a&w can get lost. not on lanaboards, but certainly on social media i’ve seen people say they didn’t pay much attention until part 2 or want more songs like part 2, which to me completely erases the whole song and its meaning. like damn you’re just gonna ignore her songwriting? 

that’s so annoying because I think this song absolutely needs to be together not separate 😭 the second part would honestly be underwhelming if the first part wasn’t there. 
I mean it would still be good but it would blend in with a lot of her unreleased stuff. And the whole production during the transition is one of the coolest things I’ve ever heard. 

10 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I think Kintsugi and Fingertips back to back will destroy the fabric of the universe...:oprah2:

I genuinely think the run from Kintsugi -> Grandfather is going to murder me. Lizzy Grant is going to end my life.

I think this is the first time where i haven't witnessed a single bad comment towards a new single, even the anime user loved it. What sort of black magic is this :oprah2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, trailerparkdream said:

Any guesses what the song Paris, Texas will sound like? 

I feel like it’ll be a more subtle but lyrically impactful track—BoZ compared the record to a travel through memories/places (iirc), so maybe it’s both touching on the themes of the movie while also detailing her time in Texas!

I feel like it’s either going to be really fun, or it’ll be a more low-key, somber track

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, DLT said:

Just like all the experimentation and play with sounds, clips, production etc. Somebody mentioned it earlier but def serves Nine Inch Nails to me, maybe mixed with some Bjork. I can see the Massed comparisons too. Just wow, what a fucking experience. Second half def serves Paradise and that unreleased energy/vibe.

Totally. I think the Lorde comparisons are super lazy and probably have more to due with listeners' age or something. A more obvious modern comparison would be Billie Eilish, IMO, but even then, I'm still leaning toward Masseduction + NIN.

4 minutes ago, DLT said:

I said that earlier and then I made this playlist lol

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/49xebceA8fZHZlBobCK5Rn?si=AOCwmFpYRL20IkVfov7-dA

i don’t know if it will make sense to anyone else but me but incase anyone wants it here it is 😝

4 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

A music video with this outfit would've served so much, that picture screams AMERICAN WHORE. High End Homo on Twitter: "lana del rey photographed by nadia lee cohen for interview  magazine, 2023 https://t.co/SX3CaUq0Am" / Twitter

It's giving 1997 sarah michelle gellar as buffy summers. im obsessed no really 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e