Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

51 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

There is still so much to process for me, I don't even know what to say about this song other than it's genius, wild & a career highlight:gclap:

Also this might be the best production Jack has done with Lana for my liking,  he produced some career highlights with Lana for sure but he really served extra hard on this one & I'm proud of him & of Sam who did the percussion I think. But I'm still super shook how Lana sometimes wakes up & comes up with songs like West Coast,  Venice Bitch & A&W etc.  she truly is a genius :wowcry: 

I guess that's coming from the experience of being an american whore:trisha:

0.00 till 7.13 perfection:oprah:

100% ofc I was scared for mr ant off on this album but everything that has come out I have loved. It took awhile for DYKTTATUOB to really sink in but now it has I’m nothing but excited. A&W really is perfection from start to finish :oic2:

i adore when she does those btd-esque vocals at the end, not because i miss when she used to sing like that, but because it just feels super full circle

the pitchfork review was actually really good, they’re right in saying it’s like an amalgamation of all her eras into one track, but still somehow sounds so new and fresh

it’s so good i can’t 😭😭 the nfr sample is also genius

the only thing I can complain about now is that the production is too synthetic for me, I like more real instruments like strings or acoustic guitars 

while a&w is still a bop, COCC and BB have become even more valuable to me :crai:

1 minute ago, Harry Nilsson said:

the only thing I can complain about now is that the production is too synthetic for me, I like more real instruments like strings or acoustic guitars 

while a&w is still a bop, COCC and BB have become even more valuable to me :crai:

I don't have that problem, but I did have a feeling before and I still have it, that COTCC and BB will only be more valuable and reach a classic status (as the albums before them) as time passes by and people realize how big of a masterpiece they both are.

i've always admired the way she won't let bad experiences keep her in a victim mindset. she had an experience and, like an alchemist, turned it into something beautiful so it has no power over her. this song is like showing that process- how it starts dark and then turns into something fun