Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Okay I’m changing my opinion- there is a good or atleast decent track here but are none of hearing how bad the vocal mixing is? There’s some intereresting lines here but it’s either the mic being an IPhone 11 or someone does know not how to mix because the lines are unintelligible mostly- you can pick good phrases out- it’s annoying because this could have been something great.

Using cheap headphones to complain about the quality of a studio grade mic is laughable :runs:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

1 minute ago, Louise said:

ForWhateverReason responded to my youtube comment, then to an email! Here is a link to some of his NFR song reviews: https://www.youtube.com/@ForWhateverReasonFWR/search?query=norman

It is hard trying to put quotes into one post! In all seriousness, you may consider going to an audiologist . . . My hearing is sensitive. This track is ground-breaking because the beats part are in good balance. Or perhaps, as some suggested, the phone isn't delivering high quality.

There is BTS from Interview Magazine. Sorry of the repost, but I am learning how to respond in one thread, so I don't overpost!

Lots of great info here! Thanx for clarification on the first stanza lyric . . .It made me cry! I have to go to work cleaning up a burnt out apartment in the senior residential I live for an acquaintance so she can come home from the hospital.

Funnily enough I have actually been to doctors for hearing issues but all have suggested my hearing is normal on a “test level” lol- I do have ear buildup issues and actually have to get syringing every 3 months. 

I doubt my opinion on music has been changed that much via these issues tbh though- hope you’re able to sort out the apartment ❤️

Just saw that Target is listing Tunnel the album as country? Wut 

9-D7-BAFDB-6557-4-EE1-BEB5-C083-B6-A59-A

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

as a lana stan for almost a decade now i think it’s safe to say that this is her best era in fucking YEARS…… i was not prepared to receive such an insane level of servery at this point in her career but i am so so grateful for it :crying4:

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Okay I’m changing my opinion- there is a good or atleast decent track here but are none of hearing how bad the vocal mixing is? There’s some intereresting lines here but it’s either the mic being an IPhone 11 or someone does know not how to mix because the lines are unintelligible mostly- you can pick good phrases out- it’s annoying because this could have been something great.

You’re an American Bore :rip:

so i go to school in the morning and stay there until 12:40pm but on tuesdays and thursdays we have to stay until 5pm so the song was released in my lunch break and i literally had to hide in the children's bathroom (because they don't have classes in the afternoon) to listen to the song :icant:

but OOOOH MYYYY GOOOOD! she fully outdid herself with this one, like debuted straight in her own top 10 for me. what i like the most is that it could've ended on the american whore part with like a slight trap outro (kind of wildflower wildfire/cinnamon girl esque) and i would've still completely loved it. in fact, i might like AW a bit more than the jimmy part. the song has many resemblances with venice bitch— it's kind of its goth sister— especially on the pre-chorus. "I say i live in Rosemead, really, I'm at the Ramada/ It doesn't really matter, doesn't really, really matter" mirrors "You're in the yard, I light the fire/ And as the summer fades away, nothing gold can stay" so well it's unbelievable, so so beautiful. but then the switch up happens and it just elevated it to a whole different fucking level. it's funny, it's not abrupt but it definetly switched up alot for me in the first listen, but when i kept listening while doing other things, it seemed like the most casual thing ever, really well executed. and i of course loved jimmy jimmy coco puff to death, her vocal delivery really resembled the born to die era unreleased songs horny-ish vocals in the second time the NFR! sample comes in, i can really see why she said she made the music just vibing. instant classic.

I haven't done a cartwheel since I was nine...

I haven't seen my mother in a long, long time...

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

idk if anyone follows or uses these sites, but the song currently has a 4.33 on ~270 reviews on RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/lana-del-rey/aandw/

By far her highest rated song on there and should easily be the #1 single of 2023 once the chart updates. and this site isn’t just like stans, they are usually pretty fair/harsh with ratings 

it will fall as more ratings get in but it’s an insanely high start to the rating 

7 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

so i go to school in the morning and stay there until 12:40pm but on tuesdays and thursdays we have to stay until 5pm so the song was released in my lunch break and i literally had to hide in the children's bathroom (because they don't have classes in the afternoon) to listen to the song :icant:

but OOOOH MYYYY GOOOOD! she fully outdid herself with this one, like debuted straight in her own top 10 for me. what i like the most is that it could've ended on the american whore part with like a slight trap outro (kind of wildflower wildfire/cinnamon girl esque) and i would've still completely loved it. in fact, i might like AW a bit more than the jimmy part. the song has many resemblances with venice bitch— it's kind of its goth sister— especially on the pre-chorus. "I say i live in Rosemead, really, I'm at the Ramada/ It doesn't really matter, doesn't really, really matter" mirrors "You're in the yard, I light the fire/ And as the summer fades away, nothing gold can stay" so well it's unbelievable, so so beautiful. but then the switch up happens and it just elevated it to a whole different fucking level. it's funny, it's not abrupt but it definetly switched up alot for me in the first listen, but when i kept listening while doing other things, it seemed like the most casual thing ever, really well executed. and i of course loved jimmy jimmy coco puff to death, her vocal delivery really resembled the born to die era unreleased songs horny-ish vocals in the second time the NFR! sample comes in, i can really see why she said she made the music just vibing. instant classic.

Sorry to sound dumb, but there’s an NFR sample? I think maybe I didn’t hear it and now i want to go back and find it lol

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

I have this sense of peace now. 
like instead of being impatient I just feel at peace with waiting until March 24th for the album. 
This song is easily one of her best songs of all time & the title track is pretty strong. 

idk if this makes sense like I’m so excited still but all my anxiousness has gone away and I just feel so at peace with the wait. It’s going to be so worth it and so amazing. I feel like I’m gonna sleep so good tonight because I’ve been smiling and laughing all day. 

13 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

Just saw that Target is listing Tunnel the album as country? Wut 

9-D7-BAFDB-6557-4-EE1-BEB5-C083-B6-A59-A

surely just a mistake, no insiders have said the tracks are gonna be anything country to my knowledge, pretty sure this just happens with every album 

I have a pretty good setup for listening to records. (Speakers are Triangle Borea BR02s). Quality is not going to be perfect streaming it from Spotify to a Bluetooth receiver on my amp, but WOW. Anyone saying the mixing is bad at the beginning, listen to it on some quality speakers. There is so much more going on in terms of nuance and instrumentation here and there throughout the entire track, it’s truly an experience. :air: The ending sounds absolutely huge, her vocals over the beat are clear and literally sounds like she is in the room. This is going to be amazing on vinyl (assuming the pressing isn’t shite like most some of her vinyl pressings).:oprah3:

Edited by sadness is a butterfly
Spelling

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.