Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

the way we still have a 6 minute song coming too like... a&w honestly feels like it's only 4 minutes long (probably because of the transition). i have no idea what kintsugi is going to sound like. apparently it's piano heavy, so if it sounds anything like the first part of a&w i'd say we won, but there are also drums + guitar + synths, so who knows

24 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

An instant single four minutes into a seven minute song with un-hearable lyrics about r*pe? I dig the song but girl, up your trolling game 😂 

Have you seen its streaming numbers? This is her best performing song on Spotify. Ocean title track did a lot of damage thankfully she recovered. She’s not in another Chemtrails/BB type flop. A&W will literally save this era.

The GP is all about first impressions. The first song is so important. They’ve been horrible with it.

With how prepared Lana seems to be for this era, and by how camp the whole thing is coming across, I'm honestly surprised to hear that no visuals have been recorded.

I really do think that either a double feature, or a short film would be a slay. 

But more than anything, I wish she'd make an album trailer. :bebe:

-

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

Just because I appear to be critical of his input in her music, doesn't mean I'm a hater. Venice Bitch & White Dress are in my top 10 favourite Lana songs and A&W is one of the most refreshing tracks Lana has put out in years--also Violet was a very interesting project, the music really contributed to the atmosphere and it complimented her words in a beautiful way too, soooo :eyeroll3:

they mistook your critics for hatred :oprah3:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I still find it weird that BOZ said “kintsugi” is just lana barely opening her mouth over bare piano, when lana herself said in interviews magazine that Kintsugi is so wordy, also him saying “bare piano” when the song actually has drums plus guitar in it , is he messing with us :thumb3:

16 minutes ago, DCooper said:

It's a known fact that the gp is dumb af :oprah3:

Thank god Lana isn't making decisions with the general public in mind

Ok, but it makes no difference to the album if VB was single or not. In fact, probably much better as a surprise 10 minute song on the album. The album is still going to be acclaimed. A different song as the first single would have made the album more successful initially but anyways, it worked out in the end because Doin Time was successful. It’s just the GAP would’ve been shortened by a lot, and she didn’t have to wait a year to release the album after the first three songs bombed.

6 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

they mistook your critics for hatred :oprah3:

I ain't no candle in the thread. :oprah3:

1 hour ago, Fingertips said:

I'm so glad that I'm pretty much musically illiterate/ignorant, because A&W doesn't sound like anything Jack or Lana has ever done to me. :hair:

same lmao I can only get ~vibes~

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

14 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Have you seen its streaming numbers? Ocean title track did a lot of damage thankfully she recovered. She’s not in another Chemtrails/BB type flop. A&W will literally save this era.

The GP is all about first impressions. The first song is so important. They’ve been horrible with it.

There is no GP. That’s the MO of our current economic model, creating a spectrum of multiplicitous markets that overlap in rhizomatic ways. A million people listening to a song is not a singular entity - it’s a million people who are, in a world of seven billion people, highly likely to not be the same million people to another song.

Glad you think she’s doing well though, until you won’t. 🤓

4 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I still find it weird that BOZ said “kintsugi” is just lana barely opening her mouth over bare piano, when lana herself said in interviews magazine that Kintsugi is so wordy, also him saying “bare piano” when the song actually has drums plus guitar in it , is he messing with us :thumb3:

tbh i don't think i'm really going to listen to insiders anymore when they give us descriptions of songs. kintsugi said that a&w starts w/ an angry guitar, and while it technically does it still gave the impression that the first part was guitar-based when it's almost equally guitar/piano. and then kintsugi disagreed w/ boz on the description of (the song) kintsugi, only further adding to the confusion. maybe it's best just to wait and see without any expectations! (also, no offense to either of them. i don't think they lied or intentionally misled us)

34 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

this may have already been talked about but i’m dead at the fact that lana confirmed it’s “jimmy jimmy coco puff” on her tiktok comments :eartha:

I love that line, it's catchy as heck lol.

I think of coco puffs the cereal and their slogan. Lana is Coocoo for Jimmy Coco Puffs 😂 but in seriousness, the line works with the message of the song. She like "I'm crazy for Jimmy even tho hes not good for me." 

I hope I make sense 😅

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

Just because I appear to be critical of his input in her music, doesn't mean I'm a hater. Venice Bitch & White Dress are in my top 10 favourite Lana songs and A&W is one of the most refreshing tracks Lana has put out in years--also Violet was a very interesting project, the music really contributed to the atmosphere and it complimented her words in a beautiful way too, soooo :eyeroll3:

Never stop speaking your truth. I believe Jack definitely played a part in subverting Lana’s creativity and “Lana factor” starting with NFR (although that record has some excellent tracks).  But thankfully A&W just screams Lana, so hopefully he’s learned his lesson and helps Lana harness her creativity with Ocean Blvd, rather than just trying to make her appeal to the general public to make money!

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

Lack of music videos also has its advantages. So everyone has his own idea of the songs, everything takes place in your own head. And you can think up something new every day, nothing is carved in stone (or on videotape).

9 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

There is no GP. That’s the MO of our current economic model, creating a spectrum of multiplicitous markets that overlap in rhizomatic ways. A million people listening to a song is not a singular entity - it’s a million people who are, in a world of seven billion people, highly likely to not be the same million people to another song.

Glad you think she’s doing well though, until you won’t. 🤓

you are boring me to death