Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

10 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

can't wait for taylor and billie to copy the style lana is going for this era

im begging that we stop dragging other artists down to try and lift lana up. she is friends with both of them and while yes they’ve taken inspo from her, it’s cause they like her music, not out of malice or bc they think “copying” her sound will make them money or help them chart. 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, WhiteHydrangea said:

Could the Jimmy part in A&W be from the scrapped more upbeat songs that Lana and Jack said they scrapped after NFR?

Either way, 3rd day with A&W on repeat all day :sluttybunny:

From the information we’ve received about the album all of the songs are new and not previously scrapped or unreleased. 

faSE.gif

9 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

im begging that we stop dragging other artists down to try and lift lana up. she is friends with both of them and while yes they’ve taken inspo from her, it’s cause they like her music, not out of malice or bc they think “copying” her sound will make them money or help them chart. 

I'm not dragging anyone. Both of them are accomplished artists and Lana's friends but when these artists take the inspiration from their friend and get more recognition than the OG, in my eyes it's not fair. It's giving: when you tell funny joke at the wrong time and no one hears you and then your friend repeats the same joke and everyone laughs.

Besides for how big and famous they are, copying someone just shows how uninspired they are as artists. 

D.png

29 minutes ago, WhiteHydrangea said:

Could the Jimmy part in A&W be from the scrapped more upbeat songs that Lana and Jack said they scrapped after NFR?

Either way, 3rd day with A&W on repeat all day :sluttybunny:

Hasn’t BoZ said that those « bombastic » songs kinda don’t exist?!? Or I dreamt that when he spilled here?!?

11 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

I'm not dragging anyone. Both of them are accomplished artists and Lana's friends but when these artists take the inspiration from their friend and get more recognition than the OG, in my eyes it's not fair. It's giving: when you tell funny joke at the wrong time and no one hears you and then your friend repeats the same joke and everyone laughs.

Besides for how big and famous they are, copying someone just shows how uninspired they are as artists. 

Everything in art is endlessly sourcing inspo from the work before you. Why would it be unfair? Both Billie and Taylor put tremendous work in their promo, image and sound which is why they top the charts. Both give credit to Lana which is super nice and not everyone does it

21 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

It kinda sucks we're a month away from album release and there's not even proof that a MV was filmed :toofunny:

Hope to get some professional and high budget MV this era :biblio: for sure it won't happen... But let's keep dreamin 😭

tumblr_olpmx370Gw1rtrj6po1_500.gif

"Did you know a singer could still be looking like a side piece at 33?"

that line is so interesting to me because it perfectly represents her journey with the media, it's empowering and demeaning at the same time. in the beggining of her carrer she was slut shamed and portrayed even by herself and this "side piece" and "other woman" idea. now that she's older and having to deal with comments about her age and her body, it's almost as she's asking if she's so bad on other people's views she can't even have the objectification necessary to be portrayed as a "whore".

45 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

can't wait for taylor and billie to copy the style lana is going for this era

I guess imitation it the highest form of flattery 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

neither Billie nor Taylor ever copied Lana though :eartha2: the closest thing Taylor has put out to a Lana record would be folklore/evermore, which are still only vaguely akin to Lana's work in terms of lyrics, melodies, production, in terms of pretty much everything. to be honest i don't think a single lyric from Taylor or Billie could ever really be identified as Lana's. the three of them have very distinct ways of writing and deliver very different vocals. Lana has had a major impact on music, but that doesn't mean that any female artist who makes alternative music is mechanically copying her.

46 minutes ago, honey dew said:

Cringing so hard at Consequence trying to jump back on the Lana Train after stoking the Lana Hate Campaign in 2020...We left u spineless publications in the dust where u belong.  DEMONS

Consequence still alive in 2023? DIE ALREADY!!!! 

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

26 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

neither Billie nor Taylor ever copied Lana though :eartha2: the closest thing Taylor has put out to a Lana record would be folklore/evermore, which are still only vaguely akin to Lana's work in terms of lyrics, melodies, production, in terms of pretty much everything. to be honest i don't think a single lyric from Taylor or Billie could ever really be identified as Lana's. the three of them have very distinct ways of writing and deliver very different vocals. Lana has had a major impact on music, but that doesn't mean that any female artist who makes alternative music is mechanically copying her.

I think they have injected Lana into there work in some way.  Look at the album cover for 1989 very Born To die, and wildest dreams is practically a Lana song. Their may be differences but it’s hard to ignore how influenced they’ve been by Lana.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

6 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think they have injected Lana into there work in some way.  Look at the album cover for 1989 very Born To die, and wildest dreams is practically a Lana song. Their may be differences but it’s hard to ignore how influenced they’ve been by Lana.  

she does use a similar melody for the beginning of the chorus and she does sing about a glamorous relationship with a guy but imo it’s not a Lana song at all, it is much more taylor than it is lana. i agree there are influences of Lana’s work sometimes, notably in wildest dreams, but i think it can hardly be said that they ever copied her

I have called so many different bookstores and new stands about this damn magazine. One lady didn’t even let me finish my sentence, she just heard me ask if they had the March issue and cut me off and said no. :toofunny:

8V7Yvel.png