Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

so it got +2m streams again??? holy shit 

I don’t think so. This account always post the numbers in advance. They probably counted partial Sunday’s steams as well. 

giphy.gif

Can someone explain to me what a vocal chop is? I've heard it quite a few times now while describing A&W and im curious 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

13 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Can someone explain to me what a vocal chop is? I've heard it quite a few times now while describing A&W and im curious 

They’re basically cut vocal tracks

like the ones at 4:36 and 4:37/38

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

There is such an urgency to A&W, it's the most riveting song she's ever done I think :lange:

There's actually an urgency to both songs we have that's really interesting, like she needs to tell these stories :oprah: I am so excited for this album

I might make myself a visualiser for the album so i can watch it during my first listen. Like just edit clips together that i think will represent the tracks and lose myself in it. The grants could have a collage of old home videos or something, sweet could have a bunch of romantic footage, A&W psychadelic clips, for grandfather i might try and find lots of scenery visuals of the ocean and waves, for peppers i'll find lots of dark and slutty pole dancing clips. It'll be hard trying to come up with something as ive yet to hear the songs but its quite a cute idea, im excited:trisha:

edit: does anyone know where i can find the track lengths?

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I might make myself a visualiser for the album so i can watch it during my first listen. Like just edit clips together that i think will represent the tracks and lose myself in it. The grants could have a collage of old home videos or something, sweet could have a bunch of romantic footage, A&W psychadelic clips, for grandfather i might try and find lots of scenery visuals of the ocean and waves, for peppers i'll find lots of dark and slutty pole dancing clips. It'll be hard trying to come up with something as ive yet to hear the songs but its quite a cute idea, im excited:trisha:

The Grants - 4:57

Ocean Blvd - 4:45

Sweet - 3:35

A&W - 7:13

Judah Smith Interlude - 4:36

Candy Necklace - 5:14

Jon Batiste Interlude - 3:33

Kintsugi - 6:18

Fingertips - 5:58

Paris, Texas - 3:26

Grandfather... - 4:00

Let the Light In - 4:38

Margaret - 5:39

Fishtail - 4:02

Peppers - 4:08

Taco Truck x VB - 5:53

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/Did_You_Know_That_There’s_a_Tunnel_Under_Ocean_Blvd_(album)

7 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

The Grants - 4:57

Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - 4:45

Sweet - 3:35

A&W - 7:13

Judah Smith Interlude - 4:36

Candy Necklace - 5:14

Jon Batiste Interlude - 3:33

Kintsugi - 6:18

Fingertips - 5:48

Paris, Texas - 3:26

Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he’s deep-sea fishing - 4:00

Let The Light In - 4:38

Margaret - 5:39

Fishtail - 4:02

Peppers - 4:08

Taco Truck x VB - 5:53

@Fingertips @GeminiLanaFan You’re so fast, lol! 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Just now, Jeanne Dielman said:

thank you <33:flutter:

I don’t know if I’ll say the same thing upon release, but at the moment, this album feels like it’s Norman’s angry little sister: darker, sinister in some ways, even more honest, like when you let your guards down, but musically sweeping. 

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

I don’t know if I’ll say the same thing upon release, but at the moment, this album feels like it’s Norman’s angry little sister: darker, sinister in some ways, even more honest, like when you let your guards down, but musically sweeping. 

I know that Jack was probably just referring to Lana's instagram username, but I really am getting a "Honeymoon from hell" vibe, with a little bit of Jack's Norman touch on top. Both albums have grand, lush orchestras, a little bit of an outlier (High by the Beach and A&W), super introspective and poetic, etc. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

people are already starting to dismiss a&w saying that people are only liking it because it's different than the piano ballads she's been making since 2019 and i have to disagree. like even if it was only the american whore part it honestly still would be in my top 10 or somewhere around there. the melodic work, lyrical content and production is just too good

6 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

people are already starting to dismiss a&w saying that people are only liking it because it's different than the piano ballads she's been making since 2019 and i have to disagree. like even if it was only the american whore part it honestly still would be in my top 10 or somewhere around there. the melodic work, lyrical content and production is just too good

For me, personally, I have to agree with those people. It's an excellent song, extremely well crafted, but I have a very difficult time believing that a lot of people who have been criticising her music for years would be super positive towards A&W without the Jimmy section. Just my opinion! 

21 hours ago, esotericfaerie said:

also i’m pretty sure there was another old, old interview where lana was talking about sounding proud about being a waitress and her mother said that she wasn’t a very good one. seems like she’s been putting her down for a while and it breaks my heart, but i could be projecting because of my own mommy issues 💀

Honestly, fuck patty

10 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

For me, personally, I have to agree with those people. It's an excellent song, extremely well crafted, but I have a very difficult time believing that a lot of people who have been criticising her music for years would be super positive towards A&W without the Jimmy section. Just my opinion! 

A lot of people who I know who don't care for Lana's music have really been loving it, and not just because of the second half. The first half is some of her best songwriting ever, the guitar and piano work is just sublime and her performance is so captivating. I think it makes sense that this song is hitting so hard. Not to say that all her music doesn't because it does, but I think a lot of people don't take the time to properly listen to Lana so they dismiss her on a surface level, but A&W kind of demands to be heard and is catching people's attentions quicker. 

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

A lot of people who I know who don't care for Lana's music have really been loving it, and not just because of the second half. The first half is some of her best songwriting ever, the guitar and piano work is just sublime and her performance is so captivating. I think it makes sense that this song is hitting so hard. Not to say that all her music doesn't because it does, but I think a lot of people don't take the time to properly listen to Lana so they dismiss her on a surface level, but A&W kind of demands to be heard and is catching people's attentions quicker. 

That's what I really want to point out though. I'm glad the song is capturing people's attention. I just have a feeling that if A&W was five minutes long with a cool outro that we know as the transition, people would be crying about another Chemtrails/Blue Banisters incoming. It's just glaringly obvious to me at this point. In my opinion, songs like White Dress, Chemtrails, Wildflower Wildfire, Blue Banisters deserved similar respect to A&W.