Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Please stay on topic in this thread, everyone... keep this to discussion that is directly related to the upcoming album only. If you feel an off-topic conversation brewing but still wish to reply, please quote it and reply in another thread such as the Random Lana Discussion or Random Conversation Thread. This can be done by pressing the + icon at the bottom of a post and then pressing the "Quote (#) post" button at the bottom of the lower corner in another thread. We also have many individual threads for discussion about specific songs, such as the Text Book thread in the lyrics section which would have been more appropriate place to begin this conversation.  x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

what does everyone think "Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing" will sound like?  i thought it would be a ballad, but last night, i had a dream where it was actually an electronic funk track with African polyrhythms and Lana was sort of lazily rapping the title over and over.  it sounded pretty good, this would be big departure from Lana's typical style, surely would get rave reviews

1 minute ago, Cake Bush said:

what does everyone think "Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing" will sound like?  i thought it would be a ballad, but last night, i had a dream where it was actually an electronic funk track with African polyrhythms and Lana was sort of lazily rapping the title over and over.  it sounded pretty good, this would be big departure from Lana's typical style, surely would get rave reviews

I haven't listened to the RIOPY track she sings over, but apparently it has a futuristic piano type of sound or at least the type of piano you hear on Spotify playlists

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Cake Bush said:

That wasn’t a dream, that was a vision

3 minutes ago, Cake Bush said:

I stand by your initial thought. Your dream of the song is giving a Lana unreleased fever dream :oprah3: Honestly, I think the track would eat if it was your dream, but I doubt it is :bebe:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

This honestly isn’t too far off, I don’t think it will be a ballet because the sample is very lively, not slower like a ballet 

the way that I automatically read this with a Jennifer Coolidge voice-

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

There's definitely going to be a few ballads on the album. Current Lana is not too fussed about fast tempo songs. I hope however that it's more than just piano or guitar. If it's done in a tasteful way, I don't have any issues with beat-less songs. All I want is another TLY moment. Saxophone needs to make a comeback 

D.png

1 minute ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

There's definitely going to be a few ballads on the album. Current Lana is not too fussed about fast tempo songs. I hope however that it's more than just piano or guitar. If it's done in a tasteful way, I don't have any issues with beat-less songs. All I want is another TLY moment. Saxophone needs to make a comeback 

Grandfather has saxaphone. :oopna:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

How does everyone plan to listen to the album for the first time? I usually drive somewhere special per the vibe of the album but I just can't seem to think of where I want to go for this one. I went to a park with lots of fall colored trees for BB, in front of a church for COCC, where they dock sailboats at the lake for NFR, downtown Minneapolis for LFL, and on the interstate for HM. I think I just listened to UV at home. Does anyone else have a ritual like this? I wish I still lived by the ocean for this one!

photo.jpglanadelrey-1jpg.jpgphoto.jpg

Just now, PaintTheSkyBlack said:

How does everyone plan to listen to the album for the first time? I usually drive somewhere special per the vibe of the album but I just can't seem to think of where I want to go for this one. I went to a park with lots of fall colored trees for BB, in front of a church for COCC, where they dock sailboats at the lake for NFR, downtown Minneapolis for LFL, and on the interstate for HM. I think I just listened to UV at home. Does anyone else have a ritual like this? I wish I still lived by the ocean for this one!

I'm going to listen to Ocean Blvd the first time by the boardwalk on the beach, possibly wearing a candy necklace 

how do you know the song "Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing" includes a sample or a saxophone?  can someone please share the song that is sampled?  in my dream, Lana was filming a music video for the song and she was on a boat in the Caribbean with beads in her hair head bobbing to the funky reggae rhythm

Just now, Cake Bush said:

how do you know the song "Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing" includes a sample or a saxophone?  can someone please share the song that is sampled?  in my dream, Lana was filming a music video for the song and she was on a boat in the Caribbean with beads in her hair head bobbing to the funky reggae rhythm

The production credits are out