Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

The reviews are good so far anyway, some of you need to get a grip :true: 

They’re ok. Not AOTY career defining album more like another COCC and BB (that in itself is troubling if we’re being honest).

27 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Lana is a genius, no doubt. But she also knows it, and that's where the problem is. 

She keeps expecting glowing reviews and obviously gets angry when she doesn't get them. She's clearly very sensitive to criticism / has a bit of an ego.

If she truly didn't care for reviews, she wouldn't even mention them nor think about them. But to pre-empt them by saying "Oh, I didn't want the reviews to be good" is just childish.

She's lucky everyone's still on her side after all the controversies and lack of conventional hits. She should learn when to be quiet sometimes and be classy. Pick her battles. That comment to Glastonbury should have been addressed to them privately or through her rep. Not drag them down in public.

Again, Ben is not a great manager for letting her do these things.

you always entertain me on this forum so thanks for that but do you even like lana 😭😭

2 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

The reviews are good so far anyway, some of you need to get a grip :true: 

although i’d love for it to have some sort of crazily high average on metacritic i can’t be mad because the album is a solid 4/5 in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

you always entertain me on this forum so thanks for that but do you even like lana 😭😭

Yes, love her! But that doesn't mean I'm blind to her occasional blunders... 

3 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

BTD was commercially mega successful. This album so far is not.

You can not compare the commercial performance of Video Games (or Summertime Sadness, Blue Jeans, etc) to any one of her lead singles except maybe West Coast or Love. And the album isn’t even out yet :facepalm: 

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

1 minute ago, Dominikx4 said:

can we stop talking about the uwu weeabo anime guy and can someone tell me if candy necklace leaked in HQ yet

It has not <3

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

4 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

BTD was commercially mega successful. This album so far is not.

But that isn’t going to happen again, it’s just not realistic to expect her to want a hit era when she does not do basic promo. She hasn’t done tv interviews since 2012.

Nor is she hugely engaged in tik tok 

42 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Again, Ben is not a great manager for letting her do these things.

literally every time you don't agree with something Lana does, even something as simple as her choices for singles or leaving a comment on instagram you bring up how her managers are the problem for "letting" her do it. as if they have/deserve this sort of power over her anyway... she is a grown adult woman with autonomy and thank God for that. no one owns her and no one ever will or should. these comments are getting borderline creepy and misogynistic, please check yourself for once thx.

3 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

literally every time you don't agree with something Lana does, even something as simple as her choices for singles or leaving a comment on instagram you bring up how her managers are the problem for "letting" her do it. as if they have any sort of power over her anyway... she is a grown adult woman with autonomy and thank God for that. no one owns her and no one ever will or should. these comments are getting borderline creepy and misogynistic, please check yourself for once thx.

literally, #that behavior is v annoying and weird

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

can we please ban it from the thread? i'm sorry mods but this should not be allowed in the name of "everyone has an opinion and free speech" when it's just FLAMEBAIT. this is the type of energy that ruins the mood of this forum and makes long time members leave or not participate in pre-releases... 

6 minutes ago, 111 said:

can we please ban it from the thread? i'm sorry mods but this should not be allowed in the name of "everyone has an opinion and free speech" when it's just FLAMEBAIT. this is the type of energy that ruins the mood of this forum and makes long time members leave or not participate in pre-releases... 

tell em

42 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

You can not compare the commercial performance of Video Games (or Summertime Sadness, Blue Jeans, etc) to any one of her lead singles except maybe West Coast or Love. And the album isn’t even out yet :facepalm: 

BTD had the same pre-release as this album (3 month span). 3 singles were out before the album release in January 2012. Video Games the first single (Out in October) was a WW hit phenomenon around world. Blue Jeans as a B-Side was a moderate hit around the world as well. Born To Die single launched in December went top 10 all over the globe. These were pre release singles. What do you mean the album isn’t out?

42 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

A&W is performing better than anything she’s released post NFR, aside from #that collab

Exactly, post NFR. Even Love charted better.

For something to be game changing or iconic, it needs both or one of the two (acclaim or success). BTD was hugely successful that it get retroactive acclaim through the years. NFR wasn’t a commercial success. The singles performed much worse compared to Lust For Life and the opening sales were lower too but the acclaim transformed it into a sleeper hit. It’s her second most streamed album at this point.

1 minute ago, 111 said:

really? I’m sorry but I’ve seen you behave the same way in other threads, the anime dearie should definitely calm it but he’s not exactly bullying anyone on here LOL

i'm not sure if anyone has caught this yet, but i was looking at the 1st lyric post of kintsugi and i was reading the part with question marks by it: OP wrote it as:

Spoiler

"They sang folk songs from the forties, even befourteen year old new froggy
came according (???). How do my blood relatives know all of these songs, I don't know anyone left who knows songs that I sing"

So I did some research and i believe she's referencing like a super famous folk song first written in the 1540s called "froggey came a-courtin'"

so the lyric is "even before(four)teen year old froggey came a-courting.

could be wrong tho idek

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

really? I’m sorry but I’ve seen you behave the same way in other threads, the anime dearie should definitely calm it but he’s not exactly bullying anyone on here LOL

if you are talking about that girl she deserves, lana doesn't xoxo