Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I lack a lot of knowledge on pop culture, but does the Kintsugi-teased phrase 

Hide contents

hands on your knees

have any relationship to the individual that follows the lyric? Or do we think she’s just rhyming?

Spoiler

"Hands on your knees, I'm Angelina Jolie" is from the song Angelina, the Tommy Genesis sample on Peppers.

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 minute ago, ivory almond said:
  Reveal hidden contents

"Hands on your knees, I'm Angelina Jolie" is from the song Angelina, the Tommy Genesis sample on Peppers.

Does that phrase have any established relationship to that person, though, or do we think Lana was just rhyming?

I don’t watch a ton of movies or keep up with celebrities much (other than Lana lol), so I wasn’t sure!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Does that phrase have any established relationship to that person, though, or do we think Lana was just rhyming?

I don’t watch a ton of movies or keep up with celebrities much (other than Lana lol), so I wasn’t sure!

Spoiler

Babes, you're not following me. Tommy Genesis wrote that lyric, and Lana is just sampling it. Tommy Genesis said this about the song though: "I felt like being Angelina Jolie, so I made this song. I think it’s weird AF but I also think people will fuck with the abstract & psychotic lyrics." 

1 minute ago, The Grants said:

why is this orange what happened today

the person who said "a&w feb 3" came back to post once then left one we asked them to prove themselves

turns out they're russian and a liar

4 minutes ago, ivory almond said:
  Hide contents

Babes, you're not following me. Tommy Genesis wrote that lyric, and Lana is just sampling it. Tommy Genesis said this about the song though: "I felt like being Angelina Jolie, so I made this song. I think it’s weird AF but I also think people will fuck with the abstract & psychotic lyrics." 

Spoiler

I follow lol—just wasn’t sure if Lana including it had any relevance to the actress outside of the sample, but Tommy’s commentary is interesting! Thanks anyways though!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:
  Hide contents

I follow lol—just wasn’t sure if Lana including it had any relevance to the actress outside of the sample, but Tommy’s commentary is interesting! Thanks anyways though!

i don’t think it has any relevance outside of the sample but i do think it’s cute how that lyric is sampled because lana recorded Once Upon a Dream for Malifacent which Angelina Jolie was in 🥹

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

i don’t think it has any relevance outside of the sample but i do think it’s cute how that lyric is sampled because lana recorded Once Upon a Dream for Malifacent which Angelina Jolie was in 🥹

Spoiler

I was thinking that as well! Didn’t Angelina request Lana as well? That’s cute :) 

edit: forgot to use spoilers!

Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

The only correlation I can think of is that Lana also used the name "Angelina" in Cherry Blossom

That doesn't mean she was talking about Angelina Jolie though, or that CB and Peppers are supposed to relate in any way lol but I do think it is kinda interesting :oic3:

7 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

but i do think it’s cute how that lyric is sampled because lana recorded Once Upon a Dream for Malifacent which Angelina Jolie was in 🥹

lea-michele

I didn’t even make the connection until now, WHAT IF Jolie has a surprise cameo in a song???

IMG-3521.jpg

Just now, fishtails said:
  Hide contents

The only correlation I can think of is that Lana also used the name "Angelina" in Cherry Blossom

That doesn't mean she was talking about Angelina Jolie though, or that CB and Peppers are supposed to relate in any way lol but I do think it is kinda interesting :oic3:

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the question about its relevance! :)  It really is intriguing, and I’m also curious how much of the sample will be retained with this in mind! I think we’re in for a treat:brows:

Sylvia Plath