Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

25 minutes ago, paris texas said:

oh my GOD lana says john lennon's name in her new single. she is CANCELLED!!! he was such a BAD man and she is so evil for saying his NAME in her SONG!!!!!11!!!!

…did i say that? if i wanted to ‘cancel’ lana i wouldn’t be on a forum of people who stan her… op was the one singing his praises and so i corrected them, it has nothing to do with lana.

11 minutes ago, judah slut interlude said:

…did i say that? if i wanted to ‘cancel’ lana i wouldn’t be on a forum of people who stan her… op was the one singing his praises and so i corrected them, it has nothing to do with lana.

i didnt sing him praises, i talked about how i interpret the lyric.. its just fantasy 

like the lyric itself is literally fantasy. Lennon is dead, not actually whispering in her ear

:judgingu4:

we need to get used to the fact that many male musicians from the 20th century weren't really great people... but that doesn't mean we can't appreciate their music lol, especially when some of them have been dead for decades

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

we need to get used to the fact that many male musicians from the 20th century weren't really great people... but that doesn't mean we can't appreciate their music lol, especially when some of them have been dead for decades

i feel like people need to make the distinction between listening to music made by an alive shitty person, and listening to music made by a dead shitty person who's been dead for over 20 years :hillary:

and yes the message of the music is important too, obviously listening to music about abusing women would not be cool, but a lot of the time it's not :hillary:

and that's glossing over the fact that lana simply said his name with not much added context and everyone's acting like she slapped some random woman in the face :hillary:

yeah he did some really shitty things but i think people need to realize that context matters

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

wait, what's wrong with Lennon? he was a peace activist and was innocently murdered.

1 minute ago, bluechemtrails said:

wait, what's wrong with Lennon? he was a peace activist and was innocently murdered.

he used to beat women (even though i'm sure he tried to move past that? still not a good look at all though)

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

7 minutes ago, paris texas said:

i feel like people need to make the distinction between listening to music made by an alive shitty person, and listening to music made by a dead shitty person who's been dead for over 20 years :hillary:

and yes the message of the music is important too, obviously listening to music about abusing women would not be cool, but a lot of the time it's not :hillary:

and that's glossing over the fact that lana simply said his name with not much added context and everyone's acting like she slapped some random woman in the face :hillary:

yeah he did some really shitty things but i think people need to realize that context matters

my god. i couldn’t care less that lana mentioned some dead man in her song. i simply pointed out the fact that lennon was never a symbol of love and peace, and shouldn’t be proclaimed as that. 

7 minutes ago, judah slut interlude said:

my god. i couldn’t care less that lana mentioned some dead man in her song. i simply pointed out the fact that lennon was never a symbol of love and peace, and shouldn’t be proclaimed as that. 

you must hate when you hear Lana singing "give peace a chance" in say yes to heaven :headache:

4 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

you must hate when you hear Lana singing "give peace a chance" in say yes to heaven :headache:

i personally don’t, but play that to lennon’s grave and maybe you’ll elicit an awakening and finally get the chance to eat his ass out as literally as you do metaphorically!

2 minutes ago, judah slut interlude said:

i personally don’t, but play that to lennon’s grave and maybe you’ll elicit an awakening and finally get the chance to eat his ass out as literally as you do metaphorically!

:awkney:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, judah slut interlude said:

...eyeballs.gif

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

God, the Tunnel lyrics are so fucking great. The message is somewhat clear but she distracts the listener with so many references and imagery.

4 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

God, the Tunnel lyrics are so fucking great. The message is somewhat clear but she distracts the listener with so many references and imagery.

The third verse and the chorus get a lot of love, but I have to say that the second verse might be my favorite lyrically:

There's a girl who sings "Hotel California"
Not because she loves the notes or sounds that sound like Florida
It's because she's in a world preserved, only a few have found the door
It's like Camarillo, only silver mirrors running down the corridor

Who else is writing like this? :xcry:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

The third verse and the chorus gets a lot of love, but I have to say that the second verse might be my favorite lyrically:

:gclap:

Just now, Fingertips said:

The third verse and the chorus get a lot of love, but I have to say that the second verse might be my favorite lyrically:

Totally agree!!! The way this verse repeats the structure of « there’s a tunnel » / « there’s a girl » and the piano notes in the background are so beautiful!!! :illumilana2: