palemoonbaby

Cringe at r/lanadelrey thread at reddit

On 10/4/2024 at 1:28 PM, Pedriko said:

I know r/lanadelrey was bad before, but now only an atomic bomb can fix it. this shi right here is just insanity

DB7y8cj.png

Oh, yeah - 'Off to the Races' the political manifesto! Would a song about murder make it okay to date a serial killer? It's fascinating the mental gymnastic to justify her actions. Politics don't matter? Tell that to the people killed by transphobic policies. this shit had almost 300 upvotes.

The way this post is written is so specifically ‘Lana Del Rey fan’. Like, this fandom has such a reputation for pretentious, airy fairy rhetoric that comes across as a poor Lana dialect impression… Being a fan of Lana has given these people such a false sense of intellect and I see it across all sides of the internet where Lana fans are present. 

‘The disregard is palpable. Our souls play a game far beyond our temporary concerns’ what does that even mean you just sound like an idiot 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

I feel like Reddit, as a whole, is populated by a disproportionate amount of bored straight men and /lanadelrey is no exception

Maybe I'm way off,  but most of the crack in the screenshots is consistent with that

"Woman marries man who isn't me,

woman must be a man" is the unhinged cousin of "she won't go out with me so she must be a lesbian"

It was the "lesser genders and races" comment for me

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

25% of the LDR subreddit is just random str8 men posting stupid shit like, “Am I gay for liking Lana?” No baby but you are for making this post!

4 minutes ago, daddyishere said:

25% of the LDR subreddit is just random str8 men posting stupid shit like, “Am I gay for liking Lana?” No baby but you are for making this post!

no straight man actually needs external validation on whether they’re straight. I hope they come to term with their deep desire to suck a dick. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

2 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I feel like Reddi, as a whole, is populated by a disproportionate amount of bored straight men and /lanadelrey is no exception

Maybe I'm way off,  but most of the crack in the screenshots is consistent with that

"Woman marries man who isn't me,

woman must be a man" is the unhinged cousin of "she won't go out with me so she must be a lesbian"

It was the "lesser genders and races" comment for me

one thing that really annoys me about Reddit as a whole is just the blatant bandwagoning. it  explains why it’s not surprising that posts like this receive over two hundred upvotes. It might even say more about society in general than about this specific case. There are women and girls who actually enjoy this kind of shit

i hate reddit anyways and find it confusing, ended up deleting every account i’ve ever made on there

but best believe when a reddit page is suggested for my very specific problem, i’m clicking it

tumblr_n6a8h49m591sb22wto1_500.gif

Oh no we’re split 50/50 between posting Lana marriage support reddit posts and Lana marriage hate reddit posts. :trisha4: We’re eternally divided

Spoiler

Also, are there any straight men on Lanaboards? Not that it matters, i’m just curious demographics wise

b7117bbcaf304bdce63e8b501bdc9aa0.gif

41 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Also, are there any straight men on Lanaboards? Not that it matters, i’m just curious demographics wise

There's a few of us, but most I meet here or elsewhere tend to be older (not elderly, as some would have us, but let's just say older than Lana herself).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

46 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

id actually like to know how the demographics look on this site tbh im curious too

10 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

There's a few of us, but most I meet here or elsewhere tend to be older (not elderly, as some would have us, but let's just say older than Lana herself).

That’s cool to know. Obviously the “am i gay if i listen to Lana?” thing is prevalent on reddit. I’m straight and i’m 22 and a fan of Lana, although i come from a completley different community and subculture from pop music. It feels kind of taboo to bring up just due to the epidemic of reddit comments like that. Target demographics are just demographics after all, and people should feel confident in the things they like without feeling guilty for arbitrary reasons.

On 10/7/2024 at 2:33 AM, X8vinylScratchX said:

That’s cool to know. Obviously the “am i gay if i listen to Lana?” thing is prevalent on reddit. I’m straight and i’m 22 and a fan of Lana, although i come from a completley different community and subculture from pop music. It feels kind of taboo to bring up just due to the epidemic of reddit comments like that. Target demographics are just demographics after all, and people should feel confident in the things they like without feeling guilty for arbitrary reasons.

Speak for yourself! I used to be a straight man until I started listening to her. But then I listened to Cola once, and started peeing sitting down. Now I’m a gay woman married to another gay woman. It’s a slippery slope

54 minutes ago, daddyishere said:

Speak for yourself! I used to be a straight man until I started listening to her. But then I listened to Cola once, and started peeing sitting down. Now I’m a gay woman married to another gay woman. It’s a slippery slope

Of course. Peeing sitting down is a prerequisite to being a Lana fan. I’m only at step 1…

16 hours ago, daddyishere said:

:shrug: 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

18 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I'd love to see an updated version of this survey.  stats & data is so interesting :creep:  wonder if it's changed much

492482-1.png

♡︎

another demographic quiz would be so fun

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ juniper * ˚ ✦

LANA DEL REY: AURORA: CHARLIE XCX: MITSKI: FLORENCE + THE MACHINE: FAYE WEBSTER: SOPHIE: MAYA HAWKE: FLEETWOOD MAC: AYESHA EROTICA: HALEY HENDERICKXS: BON IVOR: FKA TWIGS: GRIMES: BOYGENIUS: LUCY DACUS: ALLIE X

10 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

I'd love to see an updated version of this survey.  stats & data is so interesting :creep:  wonder if it's changed much

same, especially as 2023 seems to be one of the biggest years of sign ups!