palemoonbaby

Cringe at r/lanadelrey thread at reddit

24 minutes ago, williamprb said:

IMG-5770.jpgIMG-5769.jpg%22g

they thought they ate so hard 

When I saw the "soft I scream" and "soft ice-cream" lyric theory, it reminded me how it's another cringe painful theory the fans are obsessed with, like the "why am I staying" and "white mustang" theory 🤮

url%5D

9 minutes ago, Embach said:

When I saw the "soft I scream" and "soft ice-cream" lyric theory, it reminded me how it's another cringe painful theory the fans are obsessed with, like the "why am I staying" and "white mustang" theory 🤮

No but the soft I scream theory actually kinda makes sense with the song

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

1 minute ago, williamprb said:

No but the soft I scream theory actually kinda makes sense with the song

Maybe for some but "now it's time to eat soft ice-cream" make more sense lol, especially when there are paparazzi candids of her eating soft ice-cream with Francesco

url%5D

33 minutes ago, Embach said:

i don’t mean to be rude at all by this u were just the first comment i saw <3

im kind of shocked at the way so many people agree with this, i thought we had always noticed this. lana is the queen of the double entendre- it is very intentional and throughout so much of her writing! tiktok and reddit just seems to have caught up 

even if you really believe that the double entendres are just theories, another big part of music is individuals being able to interpret this in different ways- this shouldn’t be a bad thing imo 

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i don’t mean to be rude at all by this u were just the first comment i saw <3

im kind of shocked at the way so many people agree with this, i thought we had always noticed this. lana is the queen of the double entendre- it is very intentional and throughout so much of her writing! tiktok and reddit just seems to have caught up 

even if you really believe that the double entendres are just theories, another big part of music is individuals being able to interpret this in different ways- this shouldn’t be a bad thing imo 

Obviously it's not a bad thing that everyone have their own theories about double entendres of course! but I hate that some fans claim it as a fact that it's true and Lana has actually said it while she has never mentioned it at all

url%5D

5 minutes ago, Embach said:

Obviously it's not a bad thing that everyone have their own theories about double entendres of course! but I hate that some fans claim it as a fact that it's true and Lana has actually said it while she has never mentioned it at all

100% agree. I have some really unusual and/or idiosyncratic readings of a number of songs, and it's fun to play with words, but the theories that fans hold onto, and fight other fans over disagreeing is the problem. In general, Lana seems to prefer double meanings that work properly in English, and the fact she doesn't usually publish lyrics shows she's happy to let us play with those double meanings/misreadings. She's said over and over that she's very careful about the words she uses, so you should at least respect the surface level of the lyrics, before throwing them out for a 'hidden' meaning.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

On 11/28/2023 at 2:26 AM, 111 said:

"soft i scream" "why am i staying" i've seen it all.. 

The day I saw your white Mustang

You’re why I must stay

The day I said you “Why am I stay?”

Said you’re a wild mistake:noparty:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

46 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

The day I saw your white Mustang

You’re why I must stay

The day I said you “Why am I stay?”

Said you’re a wild mistake:noparty:

The day I saw your wife must tank

The day I saw your white wine stain :lmaoney:

url%5D

27 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I just can't :air:

asd.png

you could tell the lana sub anything and they'd believe it

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄