Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Okay so can we talk about the possibility about Lana being a pathalogical liar? I'm not trying to pick at her, but it's something I find very interesting.

So we know she's said in the past that she grew up in Alabama (which isn't true at all), and of course a bunch of other things. I think it's important to not blur the lines with her art too much. I think people often make excuses for her by saying "she's an artist, they all make stuff up", which is true, but usually it's on pen to paper, not when you're talking to someone face to face.

What are your thoughts on this possibility?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Okay so can we talk about the possibility about Lana being a pathalogical liar? I'm not trying to pick at her, but it's something I find very interesting.

So we know she's said in the past that she grew up in Alabama (which isn't true at all), and of course a bunch of other things. I think it's important to not blur the lines with her art too much. I think people often make excuses for her by saying "she's an artist, they all make stuff up", which is true, but usually it's on pen to paper, not when you're talking to someone face to face.

What are your thoughts on this possibility?

My personal take is that lies come easily to her. We know she had a pretty lonely childhood, and that leaves lasting effects. The whole 'chameleon soul' aspect of her is probably where a lot of it comes from. I feel like she thought about what life could be like if she grew up poor with her grandmother in Alabama, or had a 'las vegas past' and tries to incorporate a lot of that stuff into her personality. It's like when you see someone from your childhood who grew up going to church every weekend and getting good grades has suddenly become a goth since going to university, if that makes sense. A lot of people do it, especially artists, but idk. Take a writer like Donna Tartt- she forged a kind of mysterious personality in college that she's kept since then. How she presents herself to the public won't be how she is in real life, but there's a line. She doesn't flat-out lie about her past. That's where my issue lies with her. Lying about your past to make it sound like you've had it harder than you really did is pretty gross considering she's lying about growing up poor, or being poor at some point, because at the end of the day she's profiting off that costume, and she can take that costume off when she has no need for it. It's one thing to make something like Tropico or Ride, which are pieces of art with a story that I doubt anyone takes as fact. It's another to outright lie to people though.

Idk. My thoughts are kind of all over the place. Maybe that's why she gets on so well with Leto. Both take method acting too far.

locals only

My personal take is that lies come easily to her. We know she had a pretty lonely childhood, and that leaves lasting effects. The whole 'chameleon soul' aspect of her is probably where a lot of it comes from. I feel like she thought about what life could be like if she grew up poor with her grandmother in Alabama, or had a 'las vegas past' and tries to incorporate a lot of that stuff into her personality. It's like when you see someone from your childhood who grew up going to church every weekend and getting good grades has suddenly become a goth since going to university, if that makes sense. A lot of people do it, especially artists, but idk. Take a writer like Donna Tartt- she forged a kind of mysterious personality in college that she's kept since then. How she presents herself to the public won't be how she is in real life, but there's a line. She doesn't flat-out lie about her past. That's where my issue lies with her. Lying about your past to make it sound like you've had it harder than you really did is pretty gross considering she's lying about growing up poor, or being poor at some point, because at the end of the day she's profiting off that costume, and she can take that costume off when she has no need for it. It's one thing to make something like Tropico or Ride, which are pieces of art with a story that I doubt anyone takes as fact. It's another to outright lie to people though.

Idk. My thoughts are kind of all over the place. Maybe that's why she gets on so well with Leto. Both take method acting too far.

This is a really good interpretation, I definitely agree 100%.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

really? so was the comment from jimmy gnecco total bs or was it photoshopped?

We know from people close to him that this was bullshit bc he wasn't exactly "proud" of their relationship and how he treated her (he wasn't abusive just really dismissive of her).

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

If i could have one superpower it would be to see into people's minds and see their whole story and shit.. would certainly be interesting to do that with Ms. Elizabeth... Someone needs to write like a whole expose-thread or smth. debunking lies. 

I've seen some people say recently that they want the Tomorrow Never Came demo but is it already out? I have a song titled Tomorrow Never Came demo in my music library that I downloaded several months ago,,,, is it just some fake recording or is there more than 1 demo? It is 5:07 minutes long and some slight change in lyrics. thxx

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

I've seen some people say recently that they want the Tomorrow Never Came demo but is it already out? I have a song titled Tomorrow Never Came demo in my music library that I downloaded several months ago,,,, is it just some fake recording or is there more than 1 demo? It is 5:07 minutes long and some slight change in lyrics. thxx

link?

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Lana's albums honestly always have the best beginning.
Like, the violin from BTD that starts out BTD
The humming from Ride that start out Paradise
The electric guitar from Cruel World that starts out Ultraviolence
The cinematic violin that starts out Honeymoon
The instrumentals at the beginning of Love
They all open the album perfectly.

qfrWuBl.png

Lana's albums honestly always have the best beginning.

Like, the violin from BTD that starts out BTD

The humming from Ride that start out Paradise

The electric guitar from Cruel World that starts out Ultraviolence

The cinematic violin that starts out Honeymoon

The instrumentals at the beginning of Love

They all open the album perfectly.

The piano opening in MAC when NFR finally comes out

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF