Elle

Lana feature in Billboard Magazine - February 25th, 2023 [INTERVIEW] - Updated

I added the second part of the interview I posted on the previous page to the OP! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Ugh I really hate the family name dropping:defeated: Also why is she judging Charlie for smoking when she literally vapes every two seconds:air:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Oh yay for the second part of the interview! It makes a lot of sense to me that this record is a continuation, or more fully realized version of the story she wanted to tell with BB- and also maybe gestures towards part of why I have mixed feeling about BB (even tho I love many of the songs)- that she was hesitant to delve fully into it, whereas w the new record the intimacy of its songwriting led her to fully embrace the themes.

aOaIzH2.gif

I think she  gave us just enough with that interview with the second part. And I am feeling very satisfied, and even more excited for this album on March 10  24. :true:

We have been truly fed this week with Rob and now this. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

11 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Ugh I really hate the family name dropping:defeated: Also why is she judging Charlie for smoking when she literally vapes every two seconds:air:

yes omg like STAWP i don’t know Charlie’s or Chuck’s and can’t relate to any of that (and i quite frankly don’t care about anything family related besides her dad/mom history) pls leave us alone :facepalm:

the blue banisters comparison is worrying too but i get what she’s saying with the theme thing + the two tunnel songs we have are better than anything on bb so that’s reassuring 

Just now, lanasbottom said:

yes omg like STAWP i don’t know Charlie’s or Chuck’s and can’t relate to any of that (and i quite frankly don’t care about anything family related besides her dad/mom history) pls leave us alone :facepalm:

the blue banisters comparison is worrying too but i get what she’s saying with the theme thing + the two tunnel songs we have are better than anything on bb so that’s reassuring 

Seriously and tbh I think it really confirms that there is an “old lana” and “new Lana” lol like she literally says she basically completely switched up her style. Im excited for this album cause Ocean Blvd and A&W were really good but I do hope she feels like she let out what she needed to let out with this album and goes back to the “world-building” style of songwriting:headache:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

In the song “Fingertips,” I sing “Charlie stop smoking / Caroline will you be with me / will the baby be alright? / Will I have one of mine?” I think I was able to open up about this because Mike was so casual to work with. All in my living room. It allowed for that.

“Fingertips” tells everything about everyone from day one until now.

@littleredpartydress AHHHHHH

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

In the song “Fingertips,” I sing “Charlie stop smoking / Caroline will you be with me / will the baby be alright? / Will I have one of mine?” I think I was able to open up about this because Mike was so casual to work with. All in my living room. It allowed for that.

“Fingertips” tells everything about everyone from day one until now.

@littleredpartydress AHHHHHH

seated for the best song of all time. :oprah4:

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

seated for the best song of all time. :oprah4:

I knew it was giving me Blue Banisters title track but even better vibes, I WON SO HARD

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

wow, very shocked at the reaction to this, i thought it was great! very insightful on how her creative process has changed, i enjoyed reading about her relationship with jack. i’ll take intimate lyrics about her family and what’s made her who she is over “kiss me in the d-a-r-k dark toniiiiight”

this is really gonna be her best album :defeated: Fingertips song of the century

She keeps talking about Fingertips over and over and over again; every single interview she's mentioned it!!

This song is going to OBLITERATE me. 

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

wow, very shocked at the reaction to this, i thought it was great! very insightful on how her creative process has changed, i enjoyed reading about her relationship with jack. i’ll take intimate lyrics about her family and what’s made her who she is over “kiss me in the d-a-r-k dark toniiiiight”

this is really gonna be her best album :defeated:

Right. I also don’t know why people are acting shocked by this when 1. All insiders have made it clear the themes of this are very family-related and 2. She’s been singing like this for 4 years now? :rip: 

Just now, Fingertips said:

She keeps talking about Fingertips over and over and over again; every single interview she's mentioned it!!

This song is going to OBLITERATE me. 

The way she KNOWS it is THEEEE serve

I'm happy we got that other part of that interview but where did it even come from lol like its not a part of the article online...is it from the print version?

200ddd7056a7178e78239257e8a74baa.gif

white lies and black beaches and blood red sangrias

I can't "relate" to her family either (having to relate to every song you listen to or book you read is extremely narcissistic and juvenile), but she is still so talented that she can evoke such strong emotions from me, the listener. I don't give a fuck what she's singing about as long as the music continues to be great! :eartha: