Elle

Lana feature in Billboard Magazine - February 25th, 2023 [INTERVIEW] - Updated

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Omg people on here are so lame sometimes:headache: I’m not gonna say her new lyrics are necessarily that bad even though I don’t think it is the lyrical genius that people try so hard to say it is. But getting so pent up that people don’t like when she name drops her family members in songs is so weird. Tbh, if Lana doesn’t deliver with this album she probably isn’t the artist for me anymore, but I can still enjoy her new music and not like the name dropping and also prefer her old style of songwriting more:agree:  Simple lyrics aren’t bad and the way her “simple” lyrics captured an aesthetic and emotion so strongly was always what was so captivating about Lana to many people. Idk it’s such a weird argument like some people like the newer stuff more and some people like the older stuff more who cares:um2:

And when it comes down to it… every time Lana has dipped her toes back into her old aesthetic and music style everyone goes fucking insane over it so I think some of u want “old lana” back a little more than u think:lmao:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, Jared said:

She once again confirmed that Jack only came in at the end and put the final touches, but people are still going to act like this is ''another Jack album''. 

I’ve never known why people thought this in the first place, he barely has any writing credits on it, 5/16 songs? And taco trucks writing credit is probably only due to the VB sample. 

10 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

where in your top 5 ? at the bottom i hope ? :sideeye:

nope #3 sandwiched btwn White Dress, Ocean Blvd, Violets for Roses & Honeymoon :trisha:#imsorry#breakingmysilence

still got to see if Ocean Blvd stands the test of time tho tbf. but currently this is my top 5 yep yep :bye3:

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

nope #3 sandwiched btwn White Dress, Ocean Blvd, Violets for Roses & Honeymoon :trisha:#imsorry#breakingmysilence

Possibly the most out-there Lana top 5 I’ve ever heard… good for u u little hipsta girl:sass:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

ok thank god that wasn't the full interview because girl 💀 

I'm so fucking excited for fingertips omg this album is going to be groundbreaking :oprah: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

okay so actually with the updated interview i now retract my statements about it being short and boring! she actually opened up a lot on what the themes of the album are and i couldn’t be more excited.

giphy.gif

as Lana said recently “if you get it you get it” :whatever: I think it’s possible to love the “old Lana” and also grow with her and appreciate a different new type of writing style. But if it isn’t for you, that’s okay! People are allowed to like what they like there are plenty of things that a lot of people love that aren’t for me. 
personally I eat up everything she does, I’m with the users on here who can still relate/appreciate lyrics despite her personal name dropping. I think it’s sweet and that she as an artist is creating music for herself and that’s how it should be 

Not to be “that person”, but I’m really happy Jack came in and helped polish the album. It was sort of obvious she was working with guys who weren’t super trained or experienced with what they were doing on Blue Banisters. I still love that album for what it is and it’s character, but it’s definitely her worst sounding album, audio-quality wise.

Every other album sounds so amazing to my ears, so I’m happy there’s more of a focus on that this time.

24 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

still got to see if Ocean Blvd stands the test of time tho tbf. but currently this is my top 5 yep yep :bye3:

you get a pass for the honeymoon inclusion :flutter:

4 hours ago, Elle said:

You recently featured on Taylor Swift’s “Snow on the Beach.” What was collaborating with her like?

Well, first of all, I had no idea I was the only feature [on that song]. Had I known, I would have sung the entire second verse like she wanted. My job as a feature on a big artist’s album is to make sure I help add to the production of the song, so I was more focused on the production. She was very adamant that she wanted me to be on the album, and I really liked that song. I thought it was nice to be able to bridge that world, since Jack [Antonoff] and I work together and so do Jack and Taylor.

I’ve been saying since day 1 that Taylor didn’t silence Lana :gurl: They’re both queens and are considerate ♡ 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

I think that she still builds worlds - however, early on each album was its own world. Now, I feel like each album post-LFL is a different part of a larger world.

Ok, this is a perfect way of describing it. I actually agree with this assessment.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

9 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

I think that she still builds worlds - however, early on each album was its own world. Now, I feel like each album post-LFL is a different part of a larger world.

This feels very accurate!!! 

Totally re: worlds

The only album that felt like it had less of a vision or “world” than the others to me is Blue Banisters. That felt like more of a scrapbook, intentionally messy, old songs meet new songs, loosely retracing “karmic lineage”, etc.

It’s interesting that she thinks NFR! and Chemtrails don’t have their own world. They seem very rich with vision to me. Even if she utilized a couple old songs to build it, it all fits and works under a very specific atmosphere.

Ocean Blvd already feels like it’s own world, though. A darker, deeper dive into Lana’s mind (and probably still picking up the pieces after Sean based on the context around the first two singles).  I genuinely believe her when she says it’s her most personal album yet.

I also would love another “world building thematic album” but nonetheless her music process is so fucking interesting to see. For me the first three albums are more of a persona, they have a clear concept and a character singing. And that’s reasonable because she is in the beginning of her career and probably had those concepts for a long time and wanted to play that character. But post lfl she seems to write more on the current much more like the Lana that we see and post nfr we even see a deeper dive into that. Like I can imagine violets for roses, blue banisters etc in my head clearly but I can’t imagine the first three albums that clearly, they appear on my head kinda muddy when I try to correlate them with her because to me they written behind a character. This doesn’t she didn’t have those experiences and she is just a persona, I think her music is and always been personal, it’s just that they were written behind a curtain if that makes sense. Also this is why I disagree when people say she’s been censoring herself. To me she is being more honest than she ever was and since the “persona” is no longer there, it takes even more courage to sing about her memories and experiences.

Anyway say whatever you say but her artistic growth will be so interesting to look back at  20 30 years from now.