hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

Can someone post the radio edit on Kraken ? :noparty:

I've searched the whole internet for it :'(

mod note: red text is for mod use only

Edited by ultrabanisters

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I was disppointed in that London Grammar member remix, I thought it would be more vibey but it they gave us EDM dance club house whatever remix instead :crossed:

url%5D

So do I have this right (based on what Lanapedia says)?

The released 2023 version is actually the original version produced by Rick in 2013 and has been untouched since 2013?

All other unreleased versions we have heard were reworks after Rick's version. And even though Rick's version might have 90 mixes, they must all sound like the released version we have? 

Previously, I thought it was a later version of SYTH that was released. Like Lana kept wanting to perfect it over the years and finally got there more recently. But if the above is true, she eventually decided it was best as it originally was. 

5 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

The released 2023 version is actually the original version produced by Rick in 2013 and has been untouched since 2013?

All other unreleased versions we have heard were reworks after Rick's version. And even though Rick's version might have 90 mixes, they must all sound like the released version we have? 

Previously, I thought it was a later version of SYTH that was released. Like Lana kept wanting to perfect it over the years and finally got there more recently. But if the above is true, she eventually decided it was best as it originally was. 

There is conflicting information. Some of the people who worked on it said that the released version is the "original", but it's unclear if they mean with that.

I'd recommend reading BlackoutZone's blog post: https://blackoutzone.net/the-zone/say-yes-to-heaven-timeline-of-a-timeless-gem/

The way I understand it is that the released version is a new mix made from the original Rick Nowels session. Until we get a leak of one of the 2013 mixes we won't know exactly how much changed. It seems the song used to be even more stripped back according to the blog post.

51 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

There is conflicting information. Some of the people who worked on it said that the released version is the "original", but it's unclear if they mean with that.

I'd recommend reading BlackoutZone's blog post: https://blackoutzone.net/the-zone/say-yes-to-heaven-timeline-of-a-timeless-gem/

The way I understand it is that the released version is a new mix made from the original Rick Nowels session. Until we get a leak of one of the 2013 mixes we won't know exactly how much changed. It seems the song used to be even more stripped back according to the blog post.

Thank you so much! yeah I think that makes sense that it's a newer mix but from the first version of the song. 

quoting Blackoutzone: "Back then the track was very bare, mostly carried by acoustic guitar loop and very subtle drum pattern." Which does sound like the released version, but I imagine with less of the backing strings, etc. Orr maybe not. It's just that the strings and other background sounds stand out to me a lot and I can't imagine them being in the earliest version and removed later for UV and Honeymoon versions. 

1 minute ago, Ultra Violet said:

Thank you so much! yeah I think that makes sense that it's a newer mix but from the first version of the song. 

quoting Blackoutzone: "Back then the track was very bare, mostly carried by acoustic guitar loop and very subtle drum pattern." Which does sound like the released version, but I imagine with less of the backing strings, etc. Orr maybe not. It's just that the strings and other background sounds stand out to me a lot and I can't imagine them being in the earliest version and removed later for UV and Honeymoon versions. 

The strings are by Patrick Warren who worked with Lana back in 2013 so I don't think they have been recorded later.

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

The strings are by Patrick Warren who worked with Lana back in 2013 so I don't think they have been recorded later.

Oh wow! In that case, Patrick Warren is up there with Dan Heath as my favourite producers with Lana :defeated:

6 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

what has always seemed realistic to me is that it’s the closest to honeymoon version as it’s when the song was in its stage of ready to be put on the album but they did some twists since so many new people got credited on the released version and we don’t really know what are these so in terms of true untouched version from back these days i think it’s not

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y