Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

I don’t know how I feel about the snippet yet… not really grabbing me immediately but something about the “and you’re lucky to be livin in it” part is quite hooky I keep singing it

Hoping it’ll click when it’s released, I’m rooting for her :worship:

23 minutes ago, Embach said:

Am I only one who isn't the biggest fan of Never Really Over? The beats irritate me, the song is kinda too loud. I loved Harleys In Hawaii though.

oh it’s definitely by no means the Perfect Song but personally i think NRO indicated that she’s still *capable* of making something current. Both the sound and the visuals were very of-the-moment trendwise. 

But ever since then it seems like she thinks her output needs to either be K-mart commercial music or over produced edm tracks

just can in here out of curiousity and all i can say is... :brigitte: imagine working with dr. luke in 2024 :brigitte:

i listened to the snippet and it does sound really basic and autotuned to the point of sounding like it's sung by robot, she sounds like siri, also, i'm just so tired of very surface-level girlboss women's empowerment anthems that don't actually say ANYTHING of importance or ANYTHING different, it possibly being produced by dr. luke just makes it 100x worse

i think katy might be a little afraid of massively experimenting with her sound after her unheard of success in the 10's. it is a shame because her rock-ier sounding stuff is absolutely incredible (ootb-pre ootb) and i think she would do really well with that. i will obviously reserve judgement as i love her and want her to do well, but really don’t have the highest hopes as it sounds like a rehash of the sound she has been trying for the past few years

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

9 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

anyway... teenage dream is one of the greatest pop songs ever

The whole album is a pop masterpiece. When you get 6 or 7 singles out of an album, you know it’s 🔥 

The way everyone hates it trying to be nice and hoping that is gonna be not that bad is soo....cute 

bellephobic-trisha-paytas-memes.gif

Katy please...don't u dare to flop..

giphy-1.gif

It's a different language , it's worth saying too much

And get in the way when

We talk in the Strangest Love?

1 hour ago, Im a ghost now said:

And to be completely honest, I don't believe she has the range or artistic depth to make a good, contemporary sounding album, even if she worked with Jack. She could try, but I don't think anyone outside her fanbase cares for her anymore :bebe:

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean but like, imagine yourself in her situation. Don't tell me you wouldn't retire and just live your millionaire life with your husband and your kids. Instead of trying and flopping again and again. She doesn't need it, we don't need it. 

Unfortunately I agree completely. I feel bad saying it but If I were her I’d hang it up, and just live my life. There’s no way she needs more money. For example, I actually think Rihanna is incredibly smart for not releasing anything - She debuted around the same time as katy, blew up the same time, hit what was probably her peak musically and hasn’t released much since, making people appreciate her work more rather than her putting out mediocre music and tainting her legacy.

Everyone, locals included, is begging for the next Rihanna album. But with katy? Locals don’t care if she puts out new music anymore because they already know it won’t be good.

Katy is, for some reason, incredibly thirsty for a hit, and it shows. She’ll never beat Teenage Dream, and trying to hype everyone up hardcore for some mediocre women’s edm anthem is just so unwise 

6 minutes ago, brandon said:

Unfortunately I agree completely. I feel bad saying it but If I were her I’d hang it up, and just live my life. There’s no way she needs more money. For example, I actually think Rihanna is incredibly smart for not releasing anything - She debuted around the same time as katy, blew up the same time, hit what was probably her peak musically and hasn’t released much since, making people appreciate her work more rather than her putting out mediocre music and tainting her legacy.

Everyone, locals included, is begging for the next Rihanna album. But with katy? Locals don’t care if she puts out new music anymore because they already know it won’t be good.

Katy, is for some reason incredibly thirsty for a hit, and I think it’s just really unwise. She’ll never beat Teenage Dream, and trying to hype everyone up hardcore for some mediocre women’s edm anthem is just :/ 

I so agree with this, especially with the Rihanna thing. I think so many artists have started making mediocre music and not really creating interesting things after 2018-19. I think so many artists could benefit from a prolonged break, Rihanna has worked on and reworked her next album so many times because she wants it to be excellent. I just don’t think Katy is able to do that because she doesn’t necessarily have a strong artistic vision aside from the same stuff she has been doing.

9 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I so agree with this, especially with the Rihanna thing. I think so many artists have started making mediocre music and not really creating interesting things after 2018-19. I think so many artists could benefit from a prolonged break, Rihanna has worked on and reworked her next album so many times because she wants it to be excellent. I just don’t think Katy is able to do that because she doesn’t necessarily have a strong artistic vision aside from the same stuff she has been doing.

right! I feel like katy’s artistic vision right now is simply “me want another hit. me trying to make another hit” rather than something she genuinely *wants* to do/make 

wait ik this thread is kind of lowkey compared to others but let me remind bc it’s leaking already DO NOT SHARE OR ASK FOR LINKS FOR TO-BE-RELEASED LEAKED MATERIAL i don’t want my sistaz to be banned

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Meh, i don't go to Katy for artistic vision. If she can pull out a few bops for the new album that's fine with me.

Song sounds fine so far, if it has a big chorus i could end up liking it. Typical Katy/Luke sound, it's her bread and butter and she clearly wants a hit after her career taking a deep dive the last few years. Whether or not the public care to give her that is another story.

idk how to feel about this song, it doesnt sound like a comeback 😭 this is coming from a katy stan

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b