Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

Is it just me, or is this a massive reach?

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

4 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

its more accurate than the lady gaga comparison. someone took the opening scene of rain on me and said Katy was copying gaga which you have to be really really stupid to believe that unironically. i don't think its a direct copy considering the different concepts im ngl. 

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

On 6/29/2024 at 5:10 PM, Anonymcomenter said:

it’s so sad to see all this older singers trying so hard to fit the new trends (Lady Gaga, Katy, Christina, Bonnie McKee, Kesha,…) instead of being true to themselves. Take Madonna or Cher for example, they always found the way to stay relevant and reinvent themselves! Well Madonna now not so much… 

You're right, but I'm sure Gaga will improve, and Madonna is untouchable in this case :shrug:

Just saw a tweet comparing the deflated Katy to the Gag Order album stuff. I didn’t wanna see it at first either, as I tried to give Katy the benefit of the doubt…. But It was pretty brutal. “That’s why everyone hates you and always will.” And it had like nearly 40k likes + Thousands of rt…. She’s really over fr this time I fear

https://x.com/new_avid/status/1810408755567468796

20 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

love kesha down but this is such a reach lmao this concept is so old that cartoons were doing it decades before both of them were even born 

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

Just saw a tweet comparing the deflated Katy to the Gag Order album stuff. I didn’t wanna see it at first either, as I tried to give Katy the benefit of the doubt…. But It was pretty brutal. “That’s why everyone hates you and always will.” And it had like nearly 40k likes + Thousands of rt…. She’s really over fr this time I fear

https://x.com/new_avid/status/1810408755567468796

off topic to the comparisons, I fear this is what Katy deserves after willingly working with a rapist. she doesn't have an excuse at all srry 

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

2 minutes ago, lakeemmahottie said:

off topic to the comparisons, I fear this is what Katy deserves after willingly working with a rapist. she doesn't have an excuse at all srry 

Willingly working with ****** on a song called WOMAN'S WORLD mind you :brigitte:

i literally cant get over this. even if i wanted to enjoy the era, that just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

27 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Willingly working with ****** on a song called WOMAN'S WORLD mind you :brigitte:

i literally cant get over this. even if i wanted to enjoy the era, that just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

the Katy fans saying its by contractual obligation but she confirmed in court there's no contract. oh Katy its looking bad for you sis. 

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

32 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

literally.

the katy hate train is really weird to me cuz the reason is she made a song with dr luke? what about doja? or nicki? any of the massive hits hes produced for the past 5 years that nobody cared he had a hand on? 

to me ppl are hopping on a hate train bc its fun and use dr luke to appear as if they have a moral highground to do so. 

also its completely ridiculous to say katy is copying KESHA of all ppl. 1) nobody would be stupid enough to do that while working with that man 2) katy is desperatly trying to be relevant again and no offence to kesha but she hasnt had a hit in like 10 years and nobody even heard of gag order

i think she song is trash and deserves to flop, but the hate and katy as a person is just kinda unfair

I don't think katy is COPYING kesha, but its definitely not coincidental that Luke's (almost 5 year old song btw) WOMANS WORLD was slated to be released subsequently with Kesha's JOYRIDE, a true song about being liberated and living in a woman's world.

the constant mentions of KPSEX, the inflatable katy doll trope, its all TOO coincidental. Someone is trying to be flashy in someone else's face.

I think that's where the disdain comes from. I love katy, but shes already made the decision to start this era off on a shit show. People just need to move on from that man, especially if all he is going to do is use the rest of the women he collaborates with as vessels for his arrogance. Maybe katy is actually naive and isn't aware of all the subtext..... but thats not a good thing really either? idk

2 minutes ago, champainproblms said:

the katy hate train is really weird to me cuz the reason is she made a song with dr luke? what about doja? or nicki? any of the massive hits hes produced for the past 5 years that nobody cared he had a hand on? 

I see this “what about x” question brought up so much and it has been answered so many times as well :toofunny: Doja actually was contractually obliged to work with him and even alluded to dr luke stealing credits, and Nicki’s literally married to a rapist and bailed her rapist pedophile brother out and has collabed with other rapists/pedos before too that’s like the main reason people dislike her so bringing her up doesn’t really make sense.

sig-cropped.png

What I find funny is that people still find the energy to have the same conversation about Dr. Luke over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. ALL of this has been discussed ad nauseum every single time Kim Petras has released a song over the past 5 years. Every time. The music lovers have their argument, the Kesha stans have their argument and no one changes the other one's mind. We can talk about it again for the 9 millionth time but it will amount to nothing once again.

I believe Katy knew she will cause a conversation with her actions and that was part of why she agreed to work with Luke again, other than the fact that they clearly had a good working relationship.

I genuinely think after the 0-hype era she had previously (#JusticeForNeverReallyOver) she purposely wanted controversy to create some noise. And it’s a HORRIBLE look /tactic - working with an alleged abuser does not fall under “no such thing as bad publicity.” 

If she wanted controversy she should’ve reignited a feud with Lady Gaga or something. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

I genuinely think after the 0-hype era she had previously (#JusticeForNeverReallyOver) she purposely wanted controversy to create some noise. And it’s a HORRIBLE look /tactic - working with an alleged abuser does not fall under “no such thing as bad publicity.” 

If she wanted controversy she should’ve reignited a feud with Lady Gaga or something. 

she could easily have been like "No I'm not like those silent self obsessed blondes" as a lyric and the ENTIRE internet wouldve been ablaze

swifites would be gearing up for WW3 and Katycats would be more alive than ever and no LUKE NECESSARY

7 minutes ago, Creyk said:

The music lovers have their argument, the Kesha stans have their argument and no one changes the other one's mind.

this is really not a “music lovers” (???) vs. “Kesha stans” issue. Your entire post seems a bit flippant to the issue of (alleged) sexual abuse :hillary:

This discussion will continue to happen for as long as major pop stars (and Kim Petras) continue to work with him, and it should. Nothing ad nauseam about it. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

If I'm not wrong, Woman's World music video is directed by the same director who directed Marina's Blue music video

2.gif