Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

7 minutes ago, lakeemmahottie said:

i feel like people just think she's shit because theres this trope that when a female artist has a baby, theres a 50/50 chance the music is "mid/cringe" and i feel like people are still bitter over dr. puke production...

I find it very hypocritical that people will hate on katy perry for working with him yet don't hate on Kim Petras or doja cat

Can't wait to twerk against all of my lost braincells listening to this later :dancedy:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

10 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

I find it very hypocritical that people will hate on katy perry for working with him yet don't hate on Kim Petras or doja cat

people most definitely give kim petras hate for that, every other page on the kim petras thread has an example of that :oprah3: but it's true, they don't come for doja. perhaps because she's not an easy target like kim and katy, since she's popular and does good on the charts. and at the end of the day, that's all that matters to this very loud and annoying crowd: numbers

1 hour ago, Coney Island King said:

She’s never been an album artist to me. The most consistent one she released was Teenage Dream, everything else always only had a handful of good tracks imo.

The album/singles certainly aren’t going to carry this era. I’m guessing any touring she does will be a success though, so at least she’s got that.

as much as i ride for mrs perry, i do actually agree with this 

apart from the beauty that is OOTB as a cohesive masterpiece, i do agree she tends to be a better single artist than she is at 'world building'

i do really enjoy her albums, but usually enjoy the singles and rollout more than the record itself

i think she needs to follow her older sound (pre OOTB) and do what comes naturally to her, as deep down she is an incredible songwriter and can create albums with depth

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

40 minutes ago, details said:

people most definitely give kim petras hate for that, every other page on the kim petras thread has an example of that :oprah3: but it's true, they don't come for doja. perhaps because she's not an easy target like kim and katy, since she's popular and does good on the charts. and at the end of the day, that's all that matters to this very loud and annoying crowd: numbers

doja also said back in 2021 that dr. puke stole credits on her album and that she doesn't want to work with him before being asked to retract her statement. i didn't see his name on her most recent album tho thankfully. as for kim she literally told people to leave her alone because she's not the only one who works with him which is a terrible reason if you ask me, not that kim is a good artist anyway. she fell off a long time ago.

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

3 minutes ago, lakeemmahottie said:

doja also said back in 2021 that dr. puke stole credits on her album and that she doesn't want to work with him before being asked to retract her statement. i didn't see his name on her most recent album tho thankfully. as for kim she literally told people to leave her alone because she's not the only one who works with him which is a terrible reason if you ask me, not that kim is a good artist anyway. she fell off a long time ago.

about the stealing credits thing, it might be about a particular song or simply a matter of luke not being in the studio with doja, because all the songs he did for her are undeniably dr. luke productions. we can all hear how drastically different doja's songs sound without his involvement and how similar the songs he produced to other artists are to the stuff he did with her. did luke steal credits from everybody else? very unlikely, specially when it comes to songs he's the sole producer. like nicki minaj's cowgirl, for example, it sounds like it came straight from planet her and he's the sole producer. as for kim, i do think she gets unfairly singled out. i don't think people are wrong for calling her out about that, but where is this energy for other artists that also work with dr. luke? if we're gonna do it for one, let's do it for everybody. the double standards and hypocrisy in this community makes me sick 

1 hour ago, DemonMic2003 said:

is this satire lol? kim working with dr like is constantly being talked about, especially since she released slutpop

kim gets singled out because she has defended working with him over the years multiple times, she doesn’t gaf

1 hour ago, DemonMic2003 said:

i will literally never understand this argument, both kim petras and doja cat have received PLENTY of backlash and criticism for working with dr. luke

i think anyone willingly deciding to work with him deserves criticism, and if people don't like seeing the artists they like being criticized, well... maybe they should've made better choices :whatever2:

Doja has actually been trying to get away from Luke from what i remember, there have been contracts she hasn’t been able to get out of, so she just made the best out of an awkward situation. Or something….i can’t remember.

As for Kim, she has received massive backlash over Luke and doesn’t care and has literally told people to fuck off. It’s just not making headlines because she’s not famous enough. 

The problem for is she lacks any creativity it’s so generic and lyrics so dull,  it’s worse than an AI generated album concept and songs, AI would do a better job. Smile was better tbh, a 7. This is a 4 if that. She’s so oblivious of what to do. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I always see this: "I just think its funny that everyone critiques (artist I like) for working with Dr. Luke but not (artist I don't like)."

On every single artist's trending discourse that works with Dr. Luke.

Reality is we actually ARE saying this about everyone that works with him lol.

And also, what are your metrics for this? Lol. You're going through everybody's profiles?

I actually do hate Katy Perry, Kim Petras, and many others... typically equally! And refuse to support them anymore.

This album has been funny because it really is the same quality of all of Katy's works, yes even her "best" albums the fandom loves to say are pop bibles.

This has always been the type of music Katy makes so I just dont understand where all the hate comes from. Its exactly what her music has always been: catchy radio earworms of little substance and flashy over the top videos. And thats fine, just enjoy it!