Raise Me Up

do you think an "unreleased" album would be a good idea

it's a great idea and she should've done it ages ago tbh. 

if she does the 25 track unreleased album she talked about during lust for life era it should have the songs in chronological order (e.g lizzy grant era tracks 1-5, born to die outtakes tracks 5-10, tropico/uv outtakes tracks 11-15 etc) and she could make that on the vinyl each side is songs from one era (e.g side a born to die outtakes, side b tropico/uv outtakes). I'd love if it also had some unleaked unreleased tracks aswell like loved you then and now, 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

I think she should drop a 6-unreleased-track EP every now and then, at least that would be more cohesive.

I wouldn't want a collection of unreleased material thrown around like a playlist, and maybe some EP series would be more cohesive, condensed and practical way to release scrapped material that she could still like to put out but didn't make it on any album.

Or release special editions for anniversaries (UV and HM are the closest from now) but BTD really lost and it really had some gems that didn't make it.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

22 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I think she should drop a 6-unreleased-track EP every now and then, at least that would be more cohesive.

I wouldn't want a collection of unreleased material thrown around like a playlist, and maybe some EP series would be more cohesive, condensed and practical way to release scrapped material that she could still like to put out but didn't make it on any album.

Or release special editions for anniversaries (UV and HM are the closest from now) but BTD really lost and it really had some gems that didn't make it.

i think this would make her discography so confusing to outsiders though. one release with a title that clearly shows the intention of the album would be ideal in my opinion

I definitely think it would be a great idea. Some of her best songs happen to be her unreleased so I'm sure it would be great. Listening to her unreleased songs on an actual streaming service such as Spotify or apple music would be insane. 

57 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

lana deserves to make money from all her unreleased music :true: i just dont know how much most of her core fans would listen since we’ve all been listening to it for years. 

So we don’t have to go to YouTube and listen to crusty quality 💀 it should be remastered and more easily accessible on Apple Music/Spotify. And I actually haven’t listened to most of her unreleased stuff because….it’s unreleased and I don’t go looking for it :judgingu3:

But yeah, I don’t care if she could make do without the profits from unreleased, she deserves every penny. She’s put so much work into all of this. AKA also deserves a permanent and official spot in her discography

yes

Spoiler

if they are all 25 outtakes from Honeymoon and ultraviolence

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

1 hour ago, mlittle11 said:

lana deserves to make money from all her unreleased music :true: i just dont know how much most of her core fans would listen since we’ve all been listening to it for years. 

i'd stream it like i've never heard the songs before  :thumb3:

Just now, fl0r1dakil0s said:

i'd stream it like i've never heard the songs before  :thumb3:

Same, like I think I’ll fall in love with Say Yes To Heaven once it is released even through I’ve heard it 1 million times. Something about listening to music on streaming services feels so different than on YouTube lol

22 minutes ago, imaginist said:

So we don’t have to go to YouTube and listen to crusty quality 💀 it should be remastered and more easily accessible on Apple Music/Spotify. And I actually haven’t listened to most of her unreleased stuff because….it’s unreleased and I don’t go looking for it :judgingu3:

But yeah, I don’t care if she could make do without the profits from unreleased, she deserves every penny. She’s put so much work into all of this. AKA also deserves a permanent and official spot in her discography

if it was remastered then i’d probably listen more but i think i listen to her unreleased more than her released at this point :hide: so of course i would stream it but probably not as much as a new album if that makes sense

She deserves it

we deserve it

also in in my opinion a lot of new fans would emerge from this kind of project, some of her unrealased songs help understand her vision and story (while being absolute masterpieces)

tumblr_inline_ovyzoflKp61qlt39u_250.gifv
fire eater 

Unreleased album would be cute. I can't see lana doing it but the concepts are great. I do wanna make some from each album sessions either as side b or deluxe or just aj album but with the scrapped title before it (e.g. tropico/lana del rey vs the world yk yk)

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Imagine having Ultraviolence Side B, Honeymoon Side B and Lust for Life Side B like real albums someday :flutter: 

Always wanted something like that frr. 

i said this on anothet thread but a compilation would be better than an album, cause it doesn't have to be cohesive which means more space for every era's unreleased

and i hope SYTH won't be a stand alone single but rather the lead single for an unreleased collection

She should do whatever she likes, of course, but I'd quite like it if she embraced her full diversity as an artist and did something with the unreleased/leaked catalog. To be clear whether AKA should be re-released or Sirens released (and how they should be) is not the same issue as this. Also, just to be clear, people who think songs that have leaked shouldn't be released, just because they're leaked (and they can play them anyway), should also think that albums that are released should go out of print soon, because they are also "leaked" (but in a different way).

I'd also recommend her releasing her May Jailer stuff as May Jailer and her unreleased/leaked stuff as Lizzy Grant, just to keep critics confused on the authenticity issue, which they obviously don't have a clue on, or for that matter what artistic growth/exploration, means. I mean, Damon Albarn belongs to two bands (Blur, Gorrillaz) and releases solo stuff, so why can't LDR enjoy her multitudes, as well.

Here comes my Tori Amos reference for the week: Shortly after she released one of her masterpieces, 'Scarlet's Walk' in 2002, Tori released a live DVD called 'Welcome to Sunny Florida,' which also included a "bonus" DC called 'Scarlet's Hidden Treasures," which contained 6 outtakes from 'Scarlet's Walk.' And that's what everyone wanted, not the live DVD , which was tepid. 

Some of Amos's best songs are on 'SHT' (excuse the acronym), so maybe Lana could do something like that. Curating the album would take some real thought and decisiveness, and perhaps that's not something she'd feel up to now, as it seems she responds more to her own whims rather than anything planned or preconceived.

Imagine a 20-track album of both leaked songs and outtakes that were completed but never used and about which we knew nothing, like 'Dragon Slayer.' If 10 of the songs were 'new' and unleaked, I think her stans would really get excited. 

She could simply call it 'Lana Del Rey: Outtakes' or 'LDR: Unreleased' and the critics could get the idea through a short press release. Her label could have low expectations for it reaching the general public and generating sales; it would really just be a project for her stans. But who knows, in these days of TikTok?  

'Hollywood' deserves an official release. For me, with 'Cola,' it's one of the fundamental Lana songs, sort of a blueprint for so many songs and themes in that era. It has such glamor, such verve, and so much carefree assertiveness. 

"One day, I'll drive in a gold Mercedes Benz, singing opera on Bel Air Road, hair to my ass will be flying in the wind." 

That's one of the Lanas I love.