fishtails

Newport, RI @ Newport Folk Fest - July 30th, 2023

On 7/21/2023 at 8:36 PM, Lanaparadiserey said:

Just realized that Lana is still in Alabama after like 3 weeks in Europe and she has to be in Rhode Island in 9 days😭

do we even know what happens when she goes this long without touching californian soil :oprah2:

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

can she pls come up with a new hairstyle for this one :oprah3: the beehives are very pretty but they're getting a bit tiring :bye:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

So what do y’all think this set is gonna look like? I know we all know she doesn’t switch it up much, but if it was ever gonna happen, this is the show. 

I doubt there’s ever been dancers and choreography at Newport ever. She’s not even headlining, most people who have tickets are definitely not there for her. I can’t picture her current set happening here at all. 

I just hope it’s all taken into consideration. I would imagine this feels pretty important for her, considering how much she loves Joni and her being there just last year. 

9 minutes ago, sierramadre said:

So what do y’all think this set is gonna look like? I know we all know she doesn’t switch it up much, but if it was ever gonna happen, this is the show. 

I doubt there’s ever been dancers and choreography at Newport ever. She’s not even headlining, most people who have tickets are definitely not there for her. I can’t picture her current set happening here at all. 

I just hope it’s all taken into consideration. I would imagine this feels pretty important for her, considering how much she loves Joni and her being there just last year. 

I really really hope all this went through her mind but it’s hard to believe :derpna2: 

On 7/26/2023 at 8:38 AM, Blue Ribbon said:

can she pls come up with a new hairstyle for this one :oprah3: the beehives are very pretty but they're getting a bit tiring :bye:

Please everyone has been begging for hairstyles like this and we’re already complaining? :bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Maybe I’m delusional, but I feel like we could get something like this: 

1. Ride 

2. Young & Beautiful 

3. Bartender 

4. Chemtrails 

5. The Grants 

6. Mariners 

7. Pretty When You Cry 

8. Born To Die 

9. Blue Jeans 

10. Norman 

11. Arcadia 

12. Doin Time 

13. Summertime Sadness 

14. Ocean Blvd 

15. Video Games

It seems realistic to add Mariners because it’s definitely one of her most folk-leaning tracks, and she’s done it live before. Doin Time because it’d be a fun singalong for people who don’t know her but are familiar with the original. And this is me putting enough faith in her to realize that coming onstage to jimmy jimmy cocoa puff is not the move at a folk festival. But I’m ready to eat my words on Sunday. 

If she wanted to cement herself as a legend in the eyes of that crowd, she’d do a set full of songs like Kintsugi, Blue Banisters, Text Book, Change, Hollywood Bowl… but we all know that’s not happening. 

Anyone in the area wanna go there and listen outside the venue😭😭😭 I don’t have tickets and i live in boston and I’m going to Newport tomorrow and try catch her on the street. 

21 minutes ago, unit117 said:

Anyone in the area wanna go there and listen outside the venue😭😭😭 I don’t have tickets and i live in boston and I’m going to Newport tomorrow and try catch her on the street. 

Ugh me and my friend where talking about going and just doing that. I was even gonna see if there was any volunteer openings but it just came up fast and it’s busy times but you should go that will be good. Maybe you could even catch sound check 👀 also where you at the Quebec show by any chance? I’m from mass too btw but not near Boston 

53 minutes ago, derrymore said:

Ugh me and my friend where talking about going and just doing that. I was even gonna see if there was any volunteer openings but it just came up fast and it’s busy times but you should go that will be good. Maybe you could even catch sound check 👀 also where you at the Quebec show by any chance? I’m from mass too btw but not near Boston 

I didn’t go to Quebec cus I went to brasil so I didn’t plan to see any shows after. But when I realized the Newport it was already sold out. Idk if I can catch sound check cus it’s kinda far for me to go there in the morning assuming she’s doing it in the morning. 

36 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

I'll be so embarrassed if she does that setlist of pop songs.

Cherry/Pretty When You Cry/Born To Die/Blue Jeans/DMD/White Mustang/SS i want them OUT

literally i hope she changes the set. she really enjoys making stripped down music and this is her chance to perform them live:true:

so... an hour.

Nature Boy (Intro)

Ride

Thunder

Chemtrails Over The Country Club

Norman fucking Rockwell

Mariners Apartment Complex

How to disappear

California

The greatest

Arcadia

Yosemite

Paris, Texas

Candy Necklace

Dance Till We Die

For Free

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

Video Games

So she isn't in a headline slot for this one?? Omg she HAS to be on time :eek2:

1. nfr
  2. bartender
  3. chemtrails
  4. mariners
  5. ride
  6. video games
  7. blue banisters
  8. arcadia
  9. let the light in
  10. hollywood bowl
  11. breaking up slowly
  12. dance till we die
  13. dykttatuob
  14. lmlylaw
  15. wild at heart

This is such a good opportunity to give some love to cocc tracks

Dream setlist that would fit the folk festival :

1) NFR

2) Hey Blue Baby 

3) Mariners Apartment Complex

4) For Free

5) Margaret 

6) Arcadia 

7) Yayo

8) Breaking up slowly

9) For K Part 2 

10) Knocking on heaven’s door (Bob Dylan original version, not G’n’R version)

11) Yosemite 

12) Bartender 

13) Blue Banisters
14) Wildflower wildfire

15) Video Games