fishtails

Newport, RI @ Newport Folk Fest - July 30th, 2023

10 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Manifesting Sparkle Jump Rope Queen: The Unreleased Demos announcement with pre-order this Monday :oprah4:

Wait hold up that would serve as a title :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I feel like Lana may bring out a few surprise guests.. so far it seems likely that Nikki will come out for Breaking Up Slowly & Jon Batiste for Candy Necklace, which makes sense since these are both songs Lana has performed before and are therefore comfortable with, one of which is currently on her setlist. I would theorise that perhaps Zella & Weyes would come out for For Free since it’s a Joni Mitchell song and she has an iconic performance at Newport Folk, but both of them are on tour right now not nearby. Perhaps Lana will sing the cover solo as she did on the NFR tour. Imagine her bringing out Joan Baez though for Dance Til We Die or something… x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

5 minutes ago, Elle said:

I feel like Lana may bring out a few surprise guests.. so far it seems likely that Nikki will come out for Breaking Up Slowly & Jon Batiste for Candy Necklace, which makes sense since these are both songs Lana has performed before and are therefore comfortable with, one of which is currently on her setlist. I would theorise that perhaps Zella & Weyes would come out for For Free since it’s a Joni Mitchell song and she has an iconic performance at Newport Folk, but both of them are on tour right now not nearby. Perhaps Lana will sing the cover solo as she did on the NFR tour. Imagine her bringing out Joan Baez though for Dance Til We Die or something… x

Weyes Blood is in Japan and Zella is touring. So it’s very unlikely they can come. Lana would probably sing that by herself. 

19 hours ago, unit117 said:

Anyone in the area wanna go there and listen outside the venue😭😭😭 I don’t have tickets and i live in boston and I’m going to Newport tomorrow and try catch her on the street. 

I’m thinking going now, possibly w a friend it would be 2hr drive for moi tho

5 minutes ago, derrymore said:

Omg where do you live? I live in boston but I don’t actually have a car. Probably gonna rent a Zipcar 😭😭

5 minutes ago, derrymore said:

Can I join you guys if you go 😭😭

Omg wait imagine if in addition to Breaking Up Slowly, Lana and Nikki perform their smash hit unreleased song Prettiest Girl in Country Music… also, there could be a chance that Jon & Lana debut their upcoming collab on Jon’s album, maybe even during Jon’s set tonight since his slot is listed as “Jon Batiste & Friends” x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

10 minutes ago, unit117 said:

Omg where do you live? I live in boston but I don’t actually have a car. Probably gonna rent a Zipcar 😭😭

Can I join you guys if you go 😭😭

I'm gonna message you because im weird and dont live in a big city lol so i dont wanna air myself out lol as if it matters tho anyways ill message you

Also it wouldn’t surprise me at all if she brought out Jack to sing love song or hope. Not sure if he has a tour going on right now though. 

This might look a lot like the Hollywood bowl show with a bunch of special guests. 

speaking of Hollywood Bowl, let’s get rob out here to play that one. It quite literally sounds like a Joni Mitchell record