Baby V Alex

Brooke Candy

9 hours ago, Americanboy said:

Why does everyone hate Sexcorsism? I thought it was fun. I'm surprised she doesn't have more stans tbh...I would think the Charli/Shygirl/Sophie crowd would support her.

just look at that album cover :toofloppy:

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

On 6/10/2023 at 12:27 AM, Americanboy said:

Why does everyone hate Sexcorsism? I thought it was fun. I'm surprised she doesn't have more stans tbh...I would think the Charli/Shygirl/Sophie crowd would support her.

I think of it more as an overfluffed EP because she probably had the urge to make it an album considering she had promised one for years, but only few songs from it are remarkable I guess.

Also, there's just SO many guest artists it feels like a collaborative album instead of one of her own, considering only Honey Pussy is a solo song. I think Encore, Freak Like Me and Drip should have been solo as well.

And yeah, it's pretty much about one very thing, if it was a little more diverse I would probably appreciate it more. Now, I'd be just fine if the album was still pretty much about sex but with a more diverse sound, because even if it's a very short album (33 minutes for 12 tracks feels insanely short to me), it feels much longer due to its too similar sound on each song.

Ngl I only ever get to replay XXXTC, RIP, Cum, Swing and Boss Bitch. I prefer her material from her RCA days though I know she probably hates it :bebe: 

Ew I didn't mean to rant lmao, sorry. I'm usually a Brooke defender but Sexorcism cannot be redeemed. Her newest singles are more refreshing, I hope there's this type of energy on her next album, if it ever happens.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

13 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I think of it more as an overfluffed EP because she probably had the urge to make it an album considering she had promised one for years, but only few songs from it are remarkable I guess.

Also, there's just SO many guest artists it feels like a collaborative album instead of one of her own, considering only Honey Pussy is a solo song. I think Encore, Freak Like Me and Drip should have been solo as well.

And yeah, it's pretty much about one very thing, if it was a little more diverse I would probably appreciate it more. Now, I'd be just fine if the album was still pretty much about sex but with a more diverse sound, because even if it's a very short album (33 minutes for 12 tracks feels insanely short to me), it feels much longer due to its too similar sound on each song.

Ngl I only ever get to replay XXXTC, RIP, Cum, Swing and Boss Bitch. I prefer her material from her RCA days though I know she probably hates it :bebe: 

Ew I didn't mean to rant lmao, sorry. I'm usually a Brooke defender but Sexorcism cannot be redeemed. Her newest singles are more refreshing, I hope there's this type of energy on her next album, if it ever happens.

Oh, I never followed Brooke that closely, outside of the hype from Das Me. I know she worked with Nicola for Opulence but I wasn’t interested in her. 

I liked XXXTC though, and there were some good songs on the album. I think it’s pretty good party music. There are some duds tho, I liked Freak Like Me on first listen but it’s kind of unlistenable trash.

Is her work with RCA songs like Volcano, My Sex, etc? Yeah those songs were good 

It’s sad because I see her getting down about herself on Twitter about her music career sometimes nnnnn. But it’s almost like what did you expect sis you made your image so sexual and one note for so long now. I think she could have been something but she was mismanaged or had little marketability.

5 minutes ago, Americanboy said:

I liked XXXTC though, and there were some good songs on the album. I think it’s pretty good party music. There are some duds tho, I liked Freak Like Me on first listen but it’s kind of unlistenable trash.

SAME! I remember loving FLM on the first few listens of the album but I eventually stopped liking it. Same with a couple others.

5 minutes ago, Americanboy said:

Is her work with RCA songs like Volcano, My Sex, etc? Yeah those songs were good

Volcano was the last song she did under RCA, after that she did War, My Sex, Nuts and a couple others, those were independent but definitely better than Sexorcism.

She released several singles under RCA aiming for a hit to propel her scrapped album Daddy Issues, but none really were enough for the label I guess. It was also much more pop-driven so probably she was not really into it as well (although they're my favourite Brooke songs). The songs from those days are:

Happy Days

Changes (feat. Jack Antonoff)

Living Out Loud (feat. Sia)

Paper or Plastic

Rubber Band Stacks

Nasty

Volcano

With Me (feat. LIZ; leaked)

Bullshit (leaked)

She said she did like 60 songs with them so I hope we eventually get more songs from those sessions.

9 minutes ago, Americanboy said:

It’s sad because I see her getting down about herself on Twitter about her music career sometimes nnnnn. But it’s almost like what did you expect sis you made your image so sexual and one note for so long now. I think she could have been something but she was mismanaged or had little marketability.

Yeah, I agree. Not too sure but iirc RCA forced her to go mainstream pop and wanted to rinse her image to be 'more marketable' but probably they should've been more flexible (and so her as well, but we'll never know). Maybe there was a chance for her to pursue a few more radio-friendly songs and keep the 'dirtier' material as album tracks, but probably RCA didn't want to let her have that so idk. It's a shame because I think her pop material is very catchy and with the proper promotion it could've led to the hits they were pursuing with her. Happy Days, Paper or Plastic and Rubber Band Stacks were particularly good enough to be hits imo. Who knows what else is hiding in RCA's vaults.

Does anyone else remember if CL was supposed to release or did record happy days? I can’t remember if I read that or imagined it.

I recently listened to shut up by CL and realized the ending instrumental could definitely fade into happy days

Coming in here to be so mad that her shit gets released and then poofed off all channels like the next day.

So glad that I rip music videos to my own personal library cause Juicy Fruit MV was fun and cute and then they said "Lets just take this down off YouTube" ugh.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

do we have Bullshit explicit? It's so weird hearing brooke getting censored

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

19 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

do we have Bullshit explicit? It's so weird hearing brooke getting censored

Nope, it never leaked in explicit form :lange: yeah it's beyond hilarious hearing all those word distortions when in any other song she will openly talk about her pussy getting eaten or something :deadbanana: