Strangelove

Lana's strongest feature (Released & Unreleased)

Who do you guys think was Lana's strongest feature?

In my opinion, hands down it is Nightmare Boy on Riverside. It is a true justice this unreleased track was properly released. Ugh. It is a true duet and his part seriously makes the song just epic. The vocals are so raw and the storyline is truly enticing. I heard Unidentified Flying Bill as well. His feature there is excellent.

The unreleased A$AP Rocky feature is an interesting... uhm... project. After the producers of Ridin' posted the track online (it's been years... I think that was the story), I can see why they decided to shelve it for future releases. I will say Groupie Love has a special place in my heart. But ultimately I think he fails as a lyricist. 

I didn't think it was worth a topic, but I am always puzzled as to why Lana let that Stevie Nicks singer on her track Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems. In my opinion, that's her worst featuring artist. I actually listen to a cool solo edit. The solo edit is my top 10 Lana songs. 

Also please no negative comments. If you do not care I am not sure what to reply. This is a discussion for open minded people. Thank you in advance. :thankyou:

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

my favorite collab might be prisoner, riverside is a great choice as well

Prisoner was in my opinion Lana really exploring that sound we hear today in her unreleased music in tracks such as Serene Queen. I remember hearing that and remembering there quite wasn't a Lana song like that before.  I can't help but to think that's an older track they happened to rework from like 2012. I think The Weekend had a cool part but I think it would've been better as a Lana solo. Lana eats him like a carrot on that track. Her opening line is the song. 

Barrie will always be my favourite collaborator of hers feature wise. Their voices match incredibly well, Summer Wine and Riverside are amazing. Her collabs with Stevie Nicks, Bobby Womack and Sean Lennon are among my favourites too.

From Ocean Blvd. Jon Batiste and Father John Misty are also top notch features, they're among the tracks I listen to the most from the album. I'm sure the upcoming track from Jon's newest album with her as a feature will be just as amazing as Candy Necklace.

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

5 minutes ago, Velours said:

Barrie will always be my favourite collaborator of hers feature wise. Their voices match incredibly well, Summer Wine and Riverside are amazing. Her collabs with Stevie Nicks, Bobby Womack and Sean Lennon are among my favourites too.

From Ocean Blvd. Jon Batiste and Father John Misty are also top notch features, they're among the tracks I listen to the most from the album. I'm sure the upcoming track from Jon's newest album with her as a feature will be just as amazing as Candy Necklace.

Fans went crazy when Summer Wine got released I remember. It was clear Barrie was a great source of inspiration for her, a muse of sorts. Crazy to think they probably have so many other unreleased tracks we will never hear. 

It's not even 2 minutes long but Stargirl Interlude has always taken over my body every time it comes on.

Spoiler

Like this is literally me when I hear it 

Spoiler

1a88405da4ed08f165f8e6d9270b2a05.jpg

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

2 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

I forgot to say that I also love all the songs with Barrie... I would give anything for an album from them. :icant:

Have any of the fans mentioned an album between the two? The amount of speculation regarding this "Tropico" album makes me surprised more haven't leaked. Perhaps since they were so close it was hard for fans to get their hands on the songs. I always imagined them opening a duo group... But then news of the split broke. 

22 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

Fans went crazy when Summer Wine got released I remember. It was clear Barrie was a great source of inspiration for her, a muse of sorts. Crazy to think they probably have so many other unreleased tracks we will never hear. 

He indeed has been one of her main muses and the relationship that has led to the creation of a lot of her best tracks imo. His influence is present in almost every album of hers and it doesn't surprise me since they had great creative chemistry. The fact that they still hold respect and high regards for each other is heartwarming, and thankfully we got Riverside released officially!

A joint album would've been absolute magic, but at least we have the tracks they created at the time to enjoy.

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City