having fun, a lighthearted love 
supporting her loved ones' endeavors 
i'm so much better now
brooklyn baby 2.0 

poetry book 2.0 
an unreleased/ b-sides subtle release 
perhaps re-releasing AKA in an also subtle fashion 
closing off the ocean blvd album cycle w a tour compilation film 

from a certain standpoint, it feels like she's achieving that sweet spot of artistry and synergy w her fans and the overall music atmosphere just doing what she loves naturally. to a certain extent guesses, guesses. some topics I think'd be the simplest to think about next if we're going by ocean blvd. 

maybe more higher good. i'm kinda content and still very much enjoying the record to think about anything past it so much atm 

orange vinyl/ sunny/ sun-golden visuals in contrast to bright blues. 
i'm thinking a lot wordier, but also relaxed somehow. like there's a lightness compared to previous album predecessors 

I hope she does more collabs w other artists' songs, but not so much hers. 
involvement in other art mediums too 

UV/Honeymoon

22 hours ago, syrup amour said:

While I agree that we need new producers, I do not want Max Martin. What he did to Lust For Life…

No. I also think it’s very unlikely

He only produced Lust for Life the song, among multiple producers. Today, that song is in her top 10 most streamed on iTunes and has 200 M+ views, so that worked out well. 

And what did we get with Jack's last efforts? Candy Necklace. Barely 2 M views and no one's listening to it. It's time for Lana to have another conventional solo hit. She's proven herself with good records and as a musician. But we haven't had a bonafied album hit since Doin' Time (which also wasn't produced by Jack, incidentally)

21 hours ago, liveordieboy said:

Bring Mark Ronson in for once 

Yes! Biggest hit of her career if that guy stepped in.

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

He only produced Lust for Life the song, among multiple producers. Today, that song is in her top 10 most streamed on iTunes and has 200 M+ views, so that worked out well. 

And what did we get with Jack's last efforts? Candy Necklace. Barely 2 M views and no one's listening to it. It's time for Lana to have another conventional solo hit. She's proven herself with good records and as a musician. But we haven't had a bonafied album hit since Doin' Time. 

Both NFR and Tunnel are being streamed more than LfL. There is little demand for a radio hit from Lana other than from some stans who find value in music only if it sells well. It’s sad really.. one of her most liked songs from Tunnel is Paris fucking Texas… 

21 hours ago, syrup amour said:

While I agree that we need new producers, I do not want Max Martin. What he did to Lust For Life…

Max Martin only did the LFL demo no.3, the only thing he did in the released version was the vocal production of The Weeknd's vocals. But Max is greedy asf and needs songwriting credits everywhere, even if he breathes

But Max Martin did also Don't Call Me An Angel and I think it was enough...

url%5D

20 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Both NFR and Tunnel are being streamed more than LfL. There is little demand for a radio hit from Lana other than from some stans who find value in music only if it sells well. It’s sad really.. one of her most liked songs from Tunnel is Paris fucking Texas… 

we can't compare it that way. Lfl came out ages ago and the world was a diff place. The number of spotify subscribers has increased in leaps and bounds. So of course it'll look like more people are streaming ob. But compare the number of records sold and you'll find a different story.

also, it's not fair to call out fans who want a BOP and Lana back on the charts and on the radio. It's not like we don't like the new stuff. We just want more diversity in the sound, i.e. an occasional banger ala Doin' Time to offset the 300 piano ballads. Nothing wrong with that

12 minutes ago, Embach said:

Max Martin only did the LFL demo no.3, the only thing he did in the released version was the vocal production of The Weeknd's vocals. But Max is greedy asf and needs songwriting credits everywhere, even if he breathes

I think he’s the one who gave her the idea to cut the song in more pop way that was in the final 

16 minutes ago, Embach said:

i liked Angel. I listen to it at the gym all the time. And Lana  served with her bridge especially in  the video. It was a welcome respite from

the ballads

2 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

I think he’s the one who gave her the idea to cut the song in more pop way that was in the final 

she said he rearranged it to put the main chorus where it is now. It was the pre-chorus apparently. Sth like that

7 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

No, the only idea he gave her was to switch the "take off" verse to a chorus

url%5D

30 minutes ago, barttttender said:

And what did we get with Jack's last efforts? Candy Necklace. Barely 2 M views and no one's listening to it. It's time for Lana to have another conventional solo hit. She's proven herself with good records and as a musician. But we haven't had a bonafied album hit since Doin' Time.

Jack wasn’t involved in Candy Necklace, but he was in A&W, which was actually doing great on streaming

also, LFL had The Weeknd feature and a normal length music video; its obvious it wouldn’t be that popular without him 

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

No, the only idea he gave her was to switch the "take off" verse to a chorus

Yeah but the point still stands, LFL started to shape into a radio song pretty much from there, it’s obvious she went to Max Martin because she wanted something pop 

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

And what did we get with Jack's last efforts? Candy Necklace. Barely 2 M views and no one's listening to it. It's time for Lana to have another conventional solo hit. She's proven herself with good records and as a musician. But we haven't had a bonafied album hit since Doin' Time (which also wasn't produced by Jack, incidentally)

well to be fair A&W and Peppers are arguably the most popular songs on the album (besides LTLI) and they both had production handled by jack 

i wouldnt mind another hit from lana as long as she stays true to her sound and it doesnt seem too fabricated. 

i also want to mention that although maybe she hasnt had a specific hit, so many songs from ocean have gone viral on tiktok n everyones obsessed with her right now. there was literally a snapchat article about her that i saw yesterday. she definitely has everyones hearts right now and is the most loved (publicly) she’s ever been. i hope she has fun with it!!

Manifesting 0 covers and 0 interludes :pray2: I'd prefer full solo album too but I don't mind some collabs like Jon Batiste Candy Necklace type collabs

url%5D