Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Even though I love Peppers and Fishtail, I hope we don’t get many songs like that on the next album😭 I really want a set of super interesting songs with a cohesive vibe. Like I just want another Honeymoon or NFR moment where are the songs are super high quality. 

For real, though, I will never give up my Venice Bitch fantasy of an album made up completely of meandering, psychedelic 7-10 minute songs. Just jamming out, with lots of guitar and random sound effects. Lana on acid and shrooms and LSD, basically. Just for one album. :wub:

3 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Even though I love Peppers and Fishtail, I hope we don’t get many songs like that on the next album😭 I really want a set of super interesting songs with a cohesive vibe. Like I just want another Honeymoon or NFR moment where are the songs are super high quality. 

I want a super high quality cohesive album where ALL the songs are like Peppers:hair:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

For now the title tracks have been first and second alternately

1. BTD, HM, NFR, BB

2. UV, LFL, COCC, DYKTTATUOB

Which means the title track is the first song in the album this time 

Edit: whatever, BB is 2nd too

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

5 minutes ago, Blue Ink said:

For now the title tracks have been first and second alternately

1. BTD, HM, NFR, BB

2. UV, LFL, COCC, DYKTTATUOB

Which means the title track is the first song in the album this time 

Blue Banisters is Track 2;)

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

4 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

They're both so flat they don't even feel like Lana songs 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

37 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Not the peppers hate…. She did something so iconic with that song! The production, the lyrics, the I-don’t-give-a-fuck attitude, the amazing surf rock WIPE OUTTTT section… it’s a work of art!

if you don’t get it then forget it :oprah3:

We all forgot don't worry🙏

5 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

For real, though, I will never give up my Venice Bitch fantasy of an album made up completely of meandering, psychedelic 7-10 minute songs. Just jamming out, with lots of guitar and random sound effects. Lana on acid and shrooms and LSD, basically. Just for one album. :wub:

I was thinking the same the other day… an album sounding like Venice, Jon interlude, the outro of If you lie down with me and Cinnamon, Tulsa Jesus Freak… I’d be in heaven.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 7/21/2023 at 11:46 PM, Orville Peck said:

my second pre-pre-release thread omg

Okay but FR this sounds exactly like something I could hear her releasing, on her country style album. She has the right kind of vocal flexibility to go in with either a deep voice, or her much higher "head voice"....or a combo of the two. :illumilana2:

I want her to re-embrace her sultry vixen side, now that she's gone through the cathartic, vulnerable stuff. Obviously I'm not expecting her to return to her younger style (she's older and more mature like the rest of us) but I want some kind of voluptuous, sexy vibe. Like sonically I'm after some 'Million Dollar Man' and 'Your Girl'' 'Gods & Monsters' 'Hollywood's Dead' 'Terrence Loves You' 'Yayo' kind of sounds, with stuff like 'Thunder' 'Dealer' and 'Wait For Life'. Bring Back Emile for the big sound production, with some 'Is This Happiness', 'Heroin', 'Beautiful Player',  'Black Beauty', 'Shades Of cool' 'JFK' 'Buddy's Rendezvous'' and '13 Beaches' type of tracks in there for slower dramatic dreaminess. 

I was also obsessively listening to 'Playing Dangerous' recently and the way she had sampled some old 60's girl band stuff reminded me of a couple of the songs on Adele's last album. I love that retro groove (and it could possibly help to get her a 'chart-worthy song that appeals to the masses), so some stuff like that, maybe channelling some Dusty Springfield drama. (This sort of thing could really work with a bit of Mark Ronson magic)

Being in Alabama though I think we are going to see some country vibe, and I really hope that if she does, she takes it in the direction of Amanda Shires (her recent album 'Take It Like A Man' has a few tracks on there that would suit Lana's voice. (Everyone should listen to that album, as well as Shires's 'Down Came The Doves album; trust me, you'll love them both)  And if she could get on board with some dramatic country 'Murder Ballads' she would absolutely "kill" it.

(If she's thinking of incorporating some southern state, working class vibe and references anything do with waitressing in restaurants, I'd LOVE her to shake it up with some dreamy, 'Twin Peaks' sounds and iconography. She could really shine in that vein)

(Just please don't work with, or even mention Nikki fricking Lane again please. That chick is drab AF) 

If I were to get my absolute perfect album it would be Lana collaborating with Nick Cave for some dark, haunting and brooding, American Gothic inspired murder ballads and dramatic
storytelling, with some of it potentially set amid a beautiful, crumbling, antebellum mansion. I would die a very happy woman if that combo ever came together! 

I'm also so over trying to shoehorn political crap and clumsy, out of place tokenism, into music. Stop trying to prove to the crazy far leftists that you're not a racist, homophobe or whatever the insult du jour happens to be. Fuck what anyone thinks or says if you just happen to make an album without a bunch of other women and non-white people in it, that's perfectly fine. I'm not saying to avoid working with people of any stripe based on their identity. I just want things to be organically complimentary to the themes and musicality of the songs. You can never appease the mad people. Just focus on making the best music you possibly can with the best people for the job. (which incidentally precludes Nikki Lane from even being allowed to set foot in the studio, lol!

I want dark, sexy, seductress Lana, embracing her femininity, but with that dramatic vixen vibe she owns so well.

Jazzy, dark and sexy. Bring sexy back Lana!

(And if 'Children Of The Bad Revolution' or 'Catch and Release' could be reworked to modernise them in a way that made them still relevant, would be awesome. But I obviously have  tendency to want and hope for the absolute impossible. But she really does have to work with Nick Cave at some point. They would be perfect together. Someone needs to make it happen!)

On 8/11/2023 at 12:51 AM, sjatib said:

She released Peppers and made zero efforts to promote it, so dont think its even a thing about the song being more or less commercial, she's just thinking about other stuff.

Peppers isn't really radio friendly and poppish that much, which is why it wasn't released as a single and no one knows about it

10 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

fishtail aged so terribly for me unfortunately.. :poordat: so i too hope we don’t get an album full of jack antonoff-trap songs

I'm totally manifesting a reworked version of 'Dum Dum', sluttily slowed down and given an ethereal angelic bit in there as a contrast.

(Yeah I haven't slept in nearly 3 days so my brain is all over the place. So apologies for my weird, over-analysed, scrutiny of her entire back catalogue - including the unreleased stuff - I'm just hyper AF. Coming back to the boards, to then get hyped over a new album we know nothing about, probably wasn't the smartest idea. I really need to take some sleeping tablets and go to bed. Sorry again for sperging out so much, lol.)

8 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I want a super high quality cohesive album where ALL the songs are like Peppers:hair:

4 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Not the peppers hate…. She did something so iconic with that song! The production, the lyrics, the I-don’t-give-a-fuck attitude, the amazing surf rock WIPE OUTTTT section… it’s a work of art!

if you don’t get it then forget it :oprah3:

I actually love Peppers, it is my second most streamed song of the year but I have some issues with the production, I just wish it was more clear and less murky. But I still live and would love more songs like that but better quality, I just don’t know if Jack can do that:tommy:

24 minutes ago, Red Dress said:

I'm totally manifesting a reworked version of 'Dum Dum', sluttily slowed down and given an ethereal angelic bit in there as a contrast.

(Yeah I haven't slept in nearly 3 days so my brain is all over the place. So apologies for my weird, over-analysed, scrutiny of her entire back catalogue - including the unreleased stuff - I'm just hyper AF. Coming back to the boards, to then get hyped over a new album we know nothing about, probably wasn't the smartest idea. I really need to take some sleeping tablets and go to bed. Sorry again for sperging out so much, lol.)

No, I’m absolutely loving your contribution here. I like the lengthy analysis. And wow, I’ve never agreed more. I would love a “sluttily slowed down” Dum Dum in her lower register. I think you and I have similar tastes. And want the same thing from Lana.