Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

even though we know there will definitely be piano on this album (there literally has never been a lana album without piano :toofunny:) i'm pretty sure lana always starts her songs with either piano/acoustic guitar when writing so i don't really think it means anything either way. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 hours ago, imbennett said:

i don't want btd style bops, i think that'd be backsliding and ridiculous with where she is in her career but i do want more upbeat songs like ltli or peppers, i am getting tired of the wordy piano ballads that lack the catchiness and pop sensibilities of her early work. i appreciate them, the songwriting is absolutely gorgeous but they're not what i seek out with lana

That's my main point. Too many ballads churned out. I don't necessarily need these songs to sound like Summertime Sadness or Blue Jeans. But why not songs like Cola, Doin' Time, High By the Beach, West Coast, Gods and Monsters, Ride, even Cherry or Love... Songs with OOMPH to them, that aren't just laser-focused on the piano and melancholy lyrics.

Lana was more multi-faceted earlier, that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

even though we know there will definitely be piano on this album (there literally has never been a lana album without piano :toofunny:) i'm pretty sure lana always starts her songs with either piano/acoustic guitar when writing so i don't really think it means anything either way. 

yeah, that's usually a starting point right? to build the melody with the words 

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

Just now, dyktatuob said:

was that not nfr (song) :flop:

he was just playing random stuff and then went into nfr

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 hour ago, syrup amour said:

The whole thing about Lana is that she writes her own songs… what would be the point of hearing Lana sing someone else’s words?

You do realize she co-wrote a lot of her songs? Also, she's done dozens of covers, with Doin' Time being pretty successful and a really fun Lana track. She herself said she wouldn't mind if someone else wrote her a song.

2 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i feel like lana would be so insulted by somebody saying she should have somebody write songs for her so that she could have a radio hit, i feel like you hardly understand lana's art or even lana as a person if you think she would do that, or should do that

Lol. She said she wouldn't mind it. It's on youtube or a podcast, but she said it for sure. 

2 hours ago, wilting daisy said:

i've realized you're a troll so thwre's no point in replying to you but i can't help myself bc what you say is just so stupid. lana doesn't have big hits, but she definitely doesn't need help. she gets plenty of streams and all her albums sell insanely well. she's not a singles artist, she's an album artist and she has a loyal fanbase who are emotionally invested in her art so she doesn't need to have hit singles to get people interested in her music. joan baez and bob dylan didn't have a lot of big singles but they have more of an artistic legacy than lots of the artists that did top the charts. society is gonna remmber lana more fondly than all the faceless popstars selling thwir souls for number 1 singles for the lowest iq people to enjoy for 15 minutes before moving onto something else. and idk how you can think lana needs someone else to write songs for her to get a hit. if she wanted a hit, she could clearly write one herself. and one that's way better than garbage like unholy. she's written plenty of hits before plus she has a large selection of unreleased pop songs that constantly go viral. the thing is tho that lana doesn't care to have a hit and would rather release music that shw wants to make. and the fact that the music she wants to make is still insanely successful shows she doesn't need business advice from nobodies on thw internet who think they know better than her. at this point in her career she's popular with the gp and thw critics and has still maintained her hardcore fanbase which just keeps getting bigger and bigger. she's one of the top streamed female artists and plays sold out shows. not to mention she sells physical albums better than almost anyone else out there. what more do you want from her? do you want her to be taylor swift or beyonce? bc she seems happy with the success level she has and might even prefer a slightly smaller level of fame at this point. like there's plenty of artists doing what you want her to do and since you're never happy with anything she does, why are you even here? go listen to like ariana grande or somwthing. clearly you'll be happier. but i get the impression you just want to complain and probably feel somw sort of pride from having people disagree with you bc you obviously nevwr got hugged enough as a child.

I'm not gonna read a long-ass childish insult-type post that kicks off by calling me stupid. Speaking of trollish... Message me when you grow up 

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

You do realize she co-wrote a lot of her songs? Also, she's done dozens of covers, with Doin' Time being pretty successful and a really fun Lana track. She herself said she wouldn't mind if someone else wrote her a song.

why would she have someone write a song for her tho 😭😭😭

Just now, barttttender said:

I'm not gonna read a long-ass childish insult-type post that kicks off by calling me stupid. Speaking of trollish... Message me when you grow up 

oh my god stop arguing :pout: we just got our first little musical teaser lets talk about THAT

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

1 minute ago, Rust Dress said:

of her OWN songs? absolutely not :thumb3:

Huh? Two or three people can write a Lana song, and they have. So technically, occasionally, we're not listening to words she wrote. 

Example: AW written by 

1 minute ago, ultrabanisters said:

oh my god stop arguing :pout: we just got our first little musical teaser lets talk about THAT

Sure. Where's the teaser? I missed that.

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

Huh? Two or three people can write a Lana song, and they have. So technically, occasionally, we're not listening to words she wrote. 

Example: AW written by 

well we’re talking about lyrics and since jack is a producer, he WRITES the song literally with the chords, instruments, everything. but let’s not steer away from what you said about having other artists write for lana :pout:

PLEASE PEOPLE STOP THE FUCKING ARGUING!!!!!!! It's getting so tired already, let's just please enjoy the fact she's in the studio and I saw guitars in that stories.

No fighting, please! :legend:

url%5D

8 minutes ago, Rust Dress said:

well we’re talking about lyrics and since jack is a producer, he WRITES the song literally with the chords, instruments, everything. but let’s not steer away from what you said about having other artists write for lana :pout:

And what would be the problem with that exactly? Beyonce has 11 writers credited on each song. Lyricists are hired all the time by the likes of Dua Lipa and a million other people. In fact, Lana is one of the rare pop artists who writes her own stuff. Having written two hundreds of songs herself, she definitely earned respect both audience and industry wide.

Also, again, Lana herself has said she wouldn't mind if someone wrote her a song, somewhere between NFR-LFL eras. Would pull it up but it would take me ages to find.

More importantly, I'm not suggesting she does it - I love her writing and that's why I'm here. I'm saying that if she's not in a more upbeat mindset, it wouldn't be the worst idea to collaborate or be open to suggestions. 

p.s. We don't know what's happening in the studio and who writes how much. I'm sure she writes 90% of it, but at the end of the day it's a collaborative record and Sam Dew is also a lyricist. I'm sure Nowels contributed lyrics as well having worked with Madonna and others.