Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

if you guys could pick 3 released songs to represent what you’d like the next album to sound like, what would you pick? :flutter: i’m gonna say West Coast, Taco Truck x VB and Grandfather

edit: yes i’m a libra moon and libra rising was it my absolute avoidance of the conflict surrounding me and pretending everything’s normal that gave it away

Edited by daphnedinkley

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I think both opinions are valid, those who are happy with anything that she releases and also the ones who want a specific sound from her :agree:  I’d say let’s wrap up this discussion but god knows we will be repeating this daily until the next release :thumb3:

10 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

if you guys could pick 3 released songs to represent what you’d like the next album to sound like, what would you pick? :flutter: i’m gonna say West Coast, Taco Truck x VB and Grandfather

edit: yes i’m a libra moon and libra rising was it my absolute avoidance of the conflict surrounding me and pretending everything’s normal that gave it away

Zodiac, Black Bathing Suit, Grandfather

IMG-1607.jpg

2 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

ride, old money, dragonslayer

i've been itching for a full circle tropico moment lol, i feel like since she released paradise she never got to fully explore the sound of the tropico era leaks. tbh i really would love something super grand and cinematic like ride no matter how unlikely that may be. i love when lana uses religious motifs and the songwriting on dragonslayer is some of my favorite, it really tells a story and she's able to transport you to the world of the "dragonslayer". old money is just gorgeous and since i know there will be at least one slow song (there always is lol) i'd love something like old money that's a bit less literal lyrically but the production and lyrics still make you feel super emotional. now do i think we are going to get this? no lol. but that's definitely my dream for an ldr album.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

14 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

i know these songs are all very different but kill kill, salvatore, venice bitch

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Anyways, I really don't think an album is coming until late 2024/early 2025 tbh. With the tour, Jack being newly married, and her management doing all these represses, I think all signs point to her taking at least a 1-2 year break. 

And honestly, I think this tour will be the best thing for her...she's probably realizing which songs of hers are being met with relative silence from fans and which have them singing along to...:oopna2:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

42 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

Black Bathing Suit, Thunder, and white dress

24 minutes ago, Mer said:

Anyways, I really don't think an album is coming until late 2024/early 2025 tbh. With the tour, Jack being newly married, and her management doing all these represses, I think all signs point to her taking at least a 1-2 year break. 

And honestly, I think this tour will be the best thing for her...she's probably realizing which songs of hers are being met with relative silence from fans and which have them singing along to...:oopna2:

Wait, I love this.

I’ve always looked at Chemtrails - Blue Banisters - Ocean Boulevard as the trio of albums that are a slow progression from outwards (NFR) to more and more inwards with each album, with OB being her first album post the claustrophobic feeling of the pandemic (hence why it probably opens and widens open from Paris Texas forward). Now with new landscapes, new experiences, close personal encounters with fans, etc will probably inspire her in different ways. And you’re totally right, last time she toured we went from LFL to NFR. She could go to different directions.

IMG-1607.jpg

48 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

if you guys could pick 3 released songs to represent what you’d like the next album to sound like, what would you pick? :flutter:

Candy Necklace, Heroin, Cinnamon Girl

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

39 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

if you guys could pick 3 released songs to represent what you’d like the next album to sound like, what would you pick?

Black Bathing Suit, West Coast, Kill Kill

hawaiian experimental trippy chaotic rock masterpiece :true:

2 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

music to watch boys to, 13 beaches, and venice bitch

or a&w, shades of cool, and zodiac 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

As soon as I saw that video of Lana in the studio with Jack at the piano I knew it would cause a nuclear meltdown on LB :facepalm:

I don't have a specific vision for what I want from Lana's next album, to be honest. I know a lot of people hold up UV and HM as standards but I think it's a mistake for any artist to try to recapture magic in a bottle. I'm betting if she tried to do a UV or HM redux it would sound tired and people here would be unhappy. I'm interested in what direction she's going to go next. She seems a little surprised by all of the love she's been getting on this festival tour, and it seems she is maybe a little surprised by the positive reception OB got. I'm curious to see how that will affect the kind of work she's doing - if it will affect the work at all.

Drew Erickson and Zach Dawes are great and I do hope she continues to work with them. I've loved the work they've done with Angel Olsen, Weyes Blood, etc., and I think they've been great for Lana. Of course I love her work with Jack and I really think she has unlocked new levels and depths to her songwriting with him so I'm happy their creative spark hasn't died yet. 

I'm cautiously optimistic about Jon Batiste - the interlude and Candy Necklace are great, but I found Life Lessons to be one of the weakest songs she's been a part of in a while. It ended up going on his record, not hers, and a part of me thinks maybe she knows it's not really up to par with the rest of OB. 

I'd love for Rick Nowels to work with her again if she feels he's creatively still up to snuff with her present vision.

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

She is performing new cover songs live, which is pretty impressive. So that's already two songs and I really like the outro piano they did of nature boy. 

Her manager or someone, should have been recording the shows from the mixer in case they got really good versions, she could release them later if she liked them. 

i actually wouldn't be that surprised if lana and rick worked together again considering they worked together for say yes to heaven right? from what we heard from insiders it seemed like they went to the studio again to create a new mix, am i wrong about that?

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・