Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, LBcita said:

I mean she's always loved Tammy - she had one of her album covers in the studio while she recorded LFL - and breaking up slowly is about her and George

I think she's embracing the more southern venues as a fun opportunity to sing the cover

another portion of nonsense by lbcita, she never did a cover album during lfl sessions where on earth from u take that bullshit and say it as a fact, every single post

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

3 hours ago, Embach said:

I think that Stand By Your Man cover is on the new album. It's like For Free you know, she started singing it on The NFR Tour and put it on the next album COTCC.

And didn't one of the insiders here (not saying the name to not cause a drama) say "stand by your man" in this thread earlier? Idk, just thoughts

IM SORRY BUT THIS GOT ME

27 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

another portion of nonsense by lbcita, she never did a cover album during lfl sessions where on earth from u take that bullshit and say it as a fact, every single post

I think they meant Lana had one of Tammy’s album covers (like the artwork…😐) in the studio while Lana recorded lust for life. 

7 minutes ago, Jared said:

Let's hope this doesn't become an infamous quote.

sjds5bepzwb61-1.jpg

top 10 moments before disaster struck

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

2 hours ago, Jared said:

Lana choosing Stand By Your Man as her go-to country song (that she performs everywhere she goes) is the most predictable, obvious, on-brand move ever. It's obvious in a Lady Gaga kind of way. And I hate it.

deep-sigh-malik-wright.gif

if you hate when lana does something (in her own time) that's too lana, do you even like her? the reason its the perfect song for her to sing is bc its so perfectly lana. this is the kind of thing lana was talking about in the question for thw culture. just let her being unapologetically herself!! she shouldn't have to change who she is just for wveryone's aproval. sorry that lana isn't going to bars with her friends to perform a song that she doesn't relate to just to impress people who don't know her and aren't there with her.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

57 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

who is lana dating rn? gotta know what album vibe is gonna be

i hate when fans imply that whatevwr lana is doing musically is tied to whoevwr she's dating as if she doesn't have any thoughts or interests of her own. every music style she's done is influenced by a variety of music she's loved for years. 

34 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

i hate when fans imply that whatevwr lana is doing musically is tied to whoevwr she's dating as if she doesn't have any thoughts or interests of her own. every music style she's done is influenced by a variety of music she's loved for years. 

She literally says boyfriends are her inspirations for her albums at 00:58

34 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

in an interview, she was literally asked what inspires your album's worlds and worldbuilding and she said "boyfriends"

hence why i said the album's vibe and not sound

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

thank you

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

6 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

she clearly means it in a way that's different than what her fans say. being inspired by her boyfriends when creating the world of her music as in the themes and stories is different than saying whatever genre she's doing is because its whatever her boyfriend likes. you have to willfully misunderstand what she's saying to think this backs up what the othwr person posted.

3 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

she clearly means it in a way that's different than what her fans say. being inspired by her boyfriends when creating the world of her music as in the themes and stories is different than saying whatever genre she's doing is because its whatever her boyfriend likes. you have to willfully misunderstand what she's saying to think this backs up what the othwr person posted.

Is it that serious? Do you not feel that her boyfriends have influenced the vibe of her music throughout the years? I mean I wouldn’t say it if there wasn’t enough evidence to show it lol

Vibe doesn’t equal genre lol

13 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

i can understand why people make that connection though, if you look at her past relationships and the people she was with, they match the sound she was going for at the time

arthur lynn - hard rock, hair metal 

steven mertens - surf, experimental

barrie - alternative folk, alternative rock

francesco - romantic, atmospheric, songs like salvatore and 24

g-eazy - trap/hip-hop

sean - folk, country, americana, mellow sounds

i don't think there's anything wrong with her being very inspired by her partners and reflecting their personality in her music, and i don't think anybody means anything bad by pointing it out

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123