Sign in to follow this  
barttttender

The Weeknd or ASAP Rocky - which collab was more fire?

Favorite collab by The Weeknd and ASAP Rocky  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your fav track

• Lust for Life
    • Ridin'
    • Party Monster
    • Summer Bummer
    • Stargirl Interlude
    • Groupie Love
    • Prisoner
    • Money Power Glory

What's up, Lana Boards! Time to evaluate some of Lana's frequent collaborators. 'm wondering which collab was better in your opinion - Abel or Rocky? :gasp:

To recap, the songs they made together are:

The Weeknd:

1. Prisoner 

2. Stargirl Interlude 

3. Lust for Life + video

4. Party Monster

5. Money Power Glory (remix)

ASAP Rocky

1. Ridin' (scrapped)

2. Summer Bummer

3. Groupie Love 

4. National Anthem (video only)

As much as I love her work with the Weeknd and how much they complement each other, I find her work with Rocky to be way more interesting. I love Ridin' and can't believe it was never released! As for Summer Bummer, that was a double punch that I never expected to happen and whilst I didn't quite appreciate SB when it came out, it now stands as one of the rare Lana Del Rey bangers, which none of the Abel songs were. I listen to it at the gym all the time. Also, Groupie Love is a perfect little Lana ballad, especially thematically. It fits the Manson vibe and sixties aesthetic of the album perfectly. While it doesn't reach the heights of Lust for Life, it's got charm in spade. 

What does everyone here think? I'm also adding a poll so we can see what song(s) are your favs.  :wink:

1. National Anthem

2. Stargirl Interlude

3. Party Monster

4. Groupie Love

5. Lust for Life

6. Prisoner

7. Summer Bummer

8. Ridin

9. Money Power Glory

National Anthem, sometimes I feel like it's Lana's best video ever so there's that. Stargirl is probably her best collab ever. Party Monster is excellence. Groupie Love had great dynamic between the two and the lyrics. Lust for Life I love it and I love Abel on it, but I rank it lower because it would've been fine with just Lana. For the rest I don't really care about them.

groupie love is iconic

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Stargirl Interlude makes The Weeknd an automatic win for me. Prisoner is really good too.

I like Summer Bummer a lot. Ridin’ is cute, but kinda forgettable for me. Groupie Love is ehh. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

On 7/26/2023 at 1:25 AM, prettywhenimhigh said:

rocky all the way

Loving the love for Rocky! Seems that he's winning the poll too. :party: As for wether they're still friends, I'd like to think so. Though they probably dont hang out as much given his family situation.

it's fantastic that she has him (and Rihanna by proxy) as an ally. That can go a long way in a crazy industry.

hope they make more songs. They are fire together 

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Loving the love for Rocky! Seems that he's winning the poll too. :party: As for wether they're still friends, I'd like to think so. Though they probably dont hang out as much given his family situation.

it's fantastic that she has him (and Rihanna by proxy) as an ally. That can go a long way in a crazy industry.

hope they make more songs. They are fire together 

right, I'm a fan of his work and I love the chemistry (work wise) he has with lana! I hope they are still friends too, they sound amazing together and I really hope to see more collabs in the future as well! :true: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Groupie Love is one of my favorite songs off LFL, but Prisoner will always be that bitch for me.

So haunting and dark

I think I've been in hollywood for too long.. 'Cause I can feel my soul burnin'...feel it burnin' slooooow

Idk....I get so wrapped up...in a world.....where nothing is as it seems...and real life... is stranger....than my dreams 

"Don’t forget me"

Summer Bummer >>> (espc. the demo version with the humming) 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹