DNC

Candy Necklace WINS "Best Alternative" and nominated for "Best Art Direction" at the VMAS!

ALL OF HER CANDY NECKLACESSSS!!!!!! CONGRATS LANA!!!!

I DIDN'T VOTE MY ASS OFF FOR NOTHING

Β 

champanhe-comemora%C3%A7%C3%A3o.gif

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Β 

If she doesn't win Best Alternative album for OB, there will be hell to pay.

Β 

Β 

Possible Best Alternative nominees include Queen of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, Caroline Polachek, Blur, Slowdive, boygenius, 100 Gecs... It's a tough one.

Β 

Realistically though, Ocean Blvd is probably wrongly submitted to Pop. The way NFR! would have easily won Best Alternative in 2020.

9 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Β 

Possible Best Alternative nominees include Queen of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, Caroline Polachek, Blur, Slowdive, boygenius, 100 Gecs... It's a tough one.

Β 

Realistically though, Ocean Blvd is probably wrongly submitted to Pop. The way NFR! would have easily won Best Alternative in 2020.

A lot of these like Foo Fighters and QOTSA would likely get put into the rock categories not alternative. Either way boygenius is higher than Lana in AOTY predictions, so even if Lana was put into the alternative category, it’s going to be difficult for her to win.Β 

hypothetically, if Midnights or Life Lessons wins AOTY (I mean both artists have been Grammy darlings) does that mean that Lana gets AOTY as a songwriter too? You know, like with Abel's Beauty Behind The Madness album and Lana was a songwriter in Prisoner, so she got AOTY nominationΒ 

url%5D

22 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

A lot of these like Foo Fighters and QOTSA would likely get put into the rock categories not alternative. Either way boygenius is higher than Lana in AOTY predictions, so even if Lana was put into the alternative category, it’s going to be difficult for her to win.Β 

boygenius?? really?? I fear my dad was right when he said that music was over last night:crai:

Β J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

Β 

dreaming away your life

31 minutes ago, Embach said:

hypothetically, if Midnights or Life Lessons wins AOTY (I mean both artists have been Grammy darlings) does that mean that Lana gets AOTY as a songwriter too? You know, like with Abel's Beauty Behind The Madness album and Lana was a songwriter in Prisoner, so she got AOTY nominationΒ 

Β 

I think they changed the rules recently so that Lana can't get shit.

Β 

"to win a nomination for the album of the year category, a music creator has to account for at least 20% of the work."

Β 

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

6 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Β 

Β 

"to win a nomination for the album of the year category, a music creator has to account for at least 20% of the work."

midnights deluxe has "snow more lana" too tho, so 2 lana tracks - how many percentages it would make :ohno:

url%5D

9 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

I honestly think it's fair

also the idea of her first grammy not being her own work isn't very appealing or exciting to me, but that's just a personal preference

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

2 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Β 

I honestly think it's fair

also the idea of her first grammy not being her own work isn't very appealing or exciting to me, but that's just a personal preference

Β 

For sure. She deserved Album of the Year with Norman. And now, when she didn't get it, at least give her best f-ing alternative for OB.

Β 

I personally think that the artists mentioned above are more for rock categories than alternative ones and when it comes to Boygenius even with the predictions and odds online I think Ocean Blvd has a much better chance getting that win since a lot of grammy leaning artists such as JB or Jack are on it and tbh Ocean Blvd is a superior album, nonetheless the thing that will determine if she wins or not is if the committee decides to move the album from alternative to the pop vocal category or Lana and her team completely ignore the alternative category. It will be interesting to see the outcome tho since the grammies are always unpredictable.

there's a new nom category in the grammys since this year called "best alt performance" so it might mean that they can submit ocean blvd song or a&w to that category

url%5D

27 minutes ago, Embach said:

there's a new nom category in the grammys since this year called "best alt performance" so it might mean that they can submit ocean blvd song or a&w to that category

Β 

Yeah, I think she has a good chance with A&W, if her team submitted it for that category...

3 hours ago, Embach said:

Lana's team said that they have always submittedΒ her musicΒ for the Best Alternative category at the Grammys, but the Recording Academy "screening committees" always move herΒ to the main Pop categories. It kinda sucks because she would probably have a Grammy by now if her previous projects had been considered for that category (like NFR??? Hello??) but there seems to be a lot of shady politics within the Recording Academy to promoteΒ certain artists and supress others. There has been drama with other artists over this specific issue ofΒ who gets allowed in certain categoriesΒ like Nicki Minaj who was upset she got moved from rap to pop as it lessens her chances of winning.Β https://www.billboard.com/music/rb-hip-hop/nicki-minaj-slams-grammys-again-super-freaky-girl-category-change-1235157367/

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

Just now, Unknown said:

Lana's team said that they have always submittedΒ her musicΒ for the Best Alternative category at the Grammys, but the Recording Academy "screening committees" always move herΒ to the main Pop categories. It kinda sucks because she would probably have a Grammy by now if her previous projects had been considered for that category (like NFR??? Hello??) but there seems to be a lot of shady politics within the Recording Academy to promoteΒ certain artists and supress others. There has been drama with other artists over this specific issue ofΒ who gets allowed in certain categoriesΒ like Nicki Minaj who was upset she got moved from rap to pop as it lessens her chances of winning.Β https://www.billboard.com/music/rb-hip-hop/nicki-minaj-slams-grammys-again-super-freaky-girl-category-change-1235157367/

Damn. Fuck scammys, honestly. corrupt place :(

url%5D

1 hour ago, Unknown said:

This is nasty… I swear if they move Ocean Blvd to pop this year… like it’s clearly an alt album

1 hour ago, Unknown said:

Β 

They are just awful. When they snubbed The Weeknd with After Hours by giving it zero nominations, the committee members couldn't decide which category it should be put in (Pop or R&B) so it didn't get enough listing for Pop nomination allegedly. In reality they erased his nominations because he went on Superbowl instead of perfoming at Scammys.

Β 

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I've never cared about awards to be honest, her art and videos have always been the winner in my eyes BUT it is very nice she is getting credit for her artistic visions and especially nice for the people who helped her make the video and all the crew !!!! I hope they all get a little trophy! they deserve it!Β