barttttender

The most WTF moments of LDR's career in your opinion

7 hours ago, sweet cereal killer said:

So you like Paradise cover better than Ocean Blvd.? :hdu:

The Paradise cover was glam and sexy. Very Americana, and old Hollywood. Which is what sold Lana in the first place.

I agree with the OP on those first two covers being untouchable as far as Lana's covers go. Lust for Life came close and OB isn't bad per se (I don't like anything BB so I'm too subjective to speak on that), but Chemtrails, NFR, Honeymoon definitely needed rethinking. Chemtrails just looks like a pic taken with an iphone. Not cool. 

And let's not forget the single covers for BB. That was just a whole other level of lazy. An almost unprecedented level of lazy in the music industry.

23 minutes ago, barttttender said:

The Paradise cover was glam and sexy. Very Americana, and old Hollywood. Which is what sold Lana in the first place.

I agree with the OP on those first two covers being untouchable as far as Lana's covers go. Lust for Life came close and OB isn't bad per se (I don't like anything BB so I'm too subjective to speak on that), but Chemtrails, NFR, Honeymoon definitely needed rethinking. Chemtrails just looks like a pic taken with an iphone. Not cool. 

And let's not forget the single covers for BB. That was just a whole other level of lazy. An almost unprecedented level of lazy in the music industry.

You see lazy, I see a deliberate attempt at not conforming with the status quo. Context is everything and in this situation, Lana was facing serious criticism in regards to her physical appearance and weight gain: from media outlets to even Azealia Banks, there were a lot of people mocking and scrutinizing her body and I see those 3 covers as representation of “I don’t give a fuck about whether you find this beautiful or not, these songs are incredibly personal and encompass a lot of raw, ugly truths and I don’t want the covers to be polished”.

IMG-1607.jpg

29 minutes ago, barttttender said:

The Chemtrails and Honeymoon covers were definitely choices but the NFR cover is absolutely iconic. I also believe the BB single covers were done intentionally to poke fun at those calling her lazy. They also gave us her! :true:

whatarecoloris.jpg

16 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

You see lazy, I see a deliberate attempt at not conforming with the status quo. Context is everything and in this situation, Lana was facing serious criticism in regards to her physical appearance and weight gain: from media outlets to even Azealia Banks, there were a lot of people mocking and scrutinizing her body and I see those 3 covers as representation of “I don’t give a fuck about whether you find this beautiful or not, these songs are incredibly personal and encompass a lot of raw, ugly truths and I don’t want the covers to be polished”.

the amount of overthinking tho:oprah2: these covers are directly UGLY and lazy theres no context behind being lazy and we shouldnt be handled as fans that way omg even if a song is extremely raw and personal it doesnt mean it should lack of the beautiful and rich visuals im happy ocean blvd is just perfect exanple of how simplicity can be beautiful and not just.... everytjing that gave us these 3 bb single covers

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

9 hours ago, CVNTDELREY said:

When she randomly released WW, Text Book and Blue Banisters with that selfie in the set of the cotcc music video with a different filter on each one and poorly edited😭

They actually weren't, it was before filming the music video, she went to hiking!

url%5D

10 hours ago, Mer said:

WHAT? NFR? LFL? OB? even some of the alt versions of COTCC and BB were very very pretty (prettier than Paradise, tbh). 

The main covers, mostly. Her alt covers are usually better but she has a talent for choosing the lamest picture of the entire photoshoot as the main cover.

LFL cover was literally just a BTS image from the Love video. The Love single cover was more eye-catching than the damn album cover. The booklet had images of a stupid gas station in it. 💀💀💀 Wtf was that about? She had this amazing magazine photoshoot and possibly still from the teaser video chose the worst thing she could.

OB era had perfect artwork, I'll give her that.

2 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

That is just such a pretentious justification of laziness. You’re selling a product, why make it look bad intentionally?

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

the amount of overthinking tho:oprah2: these covers are directly UGLY and lazy theres no context behind being lazy and we shouldnt be handled as fans that way omg even if a song is extremely raw and personal it doesnt mean it should lack of the beautiful and rich visuals im happy ocean blvd is just perfect exanple of how simplicity can be beautiful and not just.... everytjing that gave us these 3 bb single covers

Yall’s obsessions with visuals… insanity. 

IMG-1607.jpg

8 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Yall’s obsessions with visuals… insanity. 

my point wasnt that these covers shouldve been godlike ride level my point was that these covers were absolute rock bottom that shouldve never happened and justifying them and making them make sense was actually insane

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

6 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

my point wasnt that these covers shouldve been godlike ride level my point was that these covers were absolute rock bottom that shouldve never happened and justifying them and making them make sense was actually insane

I think it tracks. Lana not caring about what other people think of her and stop trying to do what’s expected of her has always been on brand. The fandom’s fixation with those covers is confounding. Most musicians she stans don’t care about shit like that.

IMG-1607.jpg

6 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

I think it tracks. Lana not caring about what other people think of her and stop trying to do what’s expected of her has always been on brand. The fandom’s fixation with those covers is confounding. Most musicians she stans don’t care about shit like that.

Well,it's because she set the bar really high for herself as soon as she hit the scene with the Born to Die cover - one of the hottest and most memorable covers ever. 

1. Performing in IsraHELL

2. (small) COCC and BB(K)

3. Her albums annoncements that never came to fruition 

4. The NFR roll out 

5. Drug use 

6. TBA

7. TBA

4 minutes ago, Nahime said:

1. Performing in IsraHELL

2. (small) COCC and BB(K)

3. Her albums annoncements that never came to fruition 

4. The NFR roll out 

5. Drug use 

6. TBA

7. TBA

What about COCC and BB?

9 minutes ago, Nahime said:

5. Drug use 

no offense but if this is a wtf moment for you then idk what do you think about other celebs who have infamous relationships w drugs :awkney:

url%5D