PARADIXO

Live Versions Thread

Lana’s tours have always been my favorite part of each era, therefore some of her tours are some of my favorite projects from her.

The Paradise Tour version of Body Electric is insane and destroys the album version, which I find rather dull.

I love Cherry and The Grants to death, they’re some of my favorite Lana songs, and additionally I find their live versions even better than the studio recordings. The Grants live (despite missing some lyrics) sounds so elegant and genuine, I think the Glastonbury one is a total display of her talents. It’s LDR history.

as for Cherry, the Ocean Blvd Tour version is one of the most creative things she’s ever done. The intro, the additional chords and notes and instrumental passages, the loud drums, the new outro and of course the iconic choreography with all the new dancers. The first one in Brazil was particularly my favorite.

It's a pity we rarely have real HQ versions of her live tracks. Love the Hackney Weekend Performance of Million Dollar Man, and the whole NFR Tour show from Sacramento. 

It was expensive watch it 

I’ll never forget when we were all watching the first MITA show and everyone was excited when and she sang The Grants live for the first time and then the song finished and there was that short interlude and we were all waiting for what was next and the absolute collapse that it was when we heard the guitar intro for Flipside. I go back and rewatch the clip all the time, probably my fav live versions.

I fear we’re gonna be chasing that high for awhile

:trisha::trisha::trisha:

Ocean Blvd title track sounds very great with the additional instruments at the end and her background singers belting each melodies that makes up an even more beautiful composition of a song…

something about the way the song is perform makes me feel like-

walking out of an epic play at a theatre with colorful lights beaming the roof or simply… i remember playing a part of a middle school play and all of the cast come upon the stage with our hands tied to each other and bowing down and the choirs sounding crazy and crashing with the faux lights purple and blue shining on the audience’s faces as they slowly leave the venue… eight grade

I always feel like her performance of Ultraviolence at Glastonbury in 2014 was very emotional and inspiring. It’s one of her rare concerts that you can find HQ videos of most of it. I love that dress too. It may not be her best concert, from a vocal and theatrical standpoint, but I adore it. The electric guitar work really adds to the vibe.

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

I wish that multishow didn’t make such shitty proshoots. They literally put the studio track so loud you can barely hear the live vocals

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

I need to watch more of her live performances, I always just watch clips of each one

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33