Make me your Dream Life

What Do You Value Most In A Song?

When you think about a song, being kind of like a kind of spell, a world, the weather, as clothing, what makes you value the most in a song?

The sound? The imagery? Writing, who wrote it? The time surrounding it's creation?

I'm sure there's multiple components, but what is it that you value from a song the most?

Discuss.Β 

UV/Honeymoon

lyrics/who wrote it

Β 

2 diff songs can sound just as good but if one was written by the artist and one was written by professional songwriters/ghostwriters, i will always put the self-written song first

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

The most important thing to me is the production and writing, always writing over production though. I cannot deem it as a good song if the writing is bad, and sometimes the writing can save the songs bad production....not rlly the other way around though(for me at least)

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make upΒ my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

As someone who relates feelings to memories a lot, I would say memories and feelings that I have tied to a music is very important.

There are really good songs out there that doesn't give me a fraction of the feelings that one of Lana's worst songs does, for example.

melody and instrumentals

its rare for me to fall for a song only by the lyrics - i always thought that its bc i grew up listening to english music and since its not my 1st language i can never "translate" what im hearing i just go with the vibe idk

Spoiler

like i definitely did not care or knew what "my pussy taste like pepsi cola" meant yet i wasΒ :beyonce:

Β 

I think the overall energy is what I value most, which has a lot to do with background synths, bass, etc. To me, it almost has nothing to do with vocals as I connect with instrumental songs just as much, if not even more (when considering instrumental parts of songs with vocals. I go crazy for instrumental solos).

I might value progression the most too. A song starting slow and building up, or just a good slow burn in general :illumilana2:

I wanted to say writing, bc it's incredibly important to me, but now I really wanna say composition. the wholeness/ entirety of the song, and how it's organized and composed together, and what it might really be saying. bonus points if it sounds smooth/ like it's sailingΒ 

UV/Honeymoon