BartenderDeco

Lana signed an open letter to President Joe Biden, thanking him for his ‘leadership’ and calling for the release of all Hamas hostages.

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

I'd understand if we were talking about the average person, but we're talking about someone with a huge platform 🙃 

Whether we like it or not, Lana is not a small artist, she has a huge amount of followers and her actions carry weight...

There's nothing wrong with holding someone accountable. 

The world will remain the same if we keep allowing people get away with their "honest mistake". Not choosing a side is choosing a side.

Held accountable for having a different opinion to you?

8 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

first of all it goes to show how uneducated you are on this situation because ISIS has nothing to do with palestine or hamas. it’s tragic on both sides but this is not a pro-peace, pro-palestine statement, otherwise their entire goal of the statement would be to save those injured children and adults. it doesn’t even mention palestinian victims anywhere. and where is anybody here saying that they condemn “taking babies and elderly captive…”. it’s controversial the fact that most of these celebrities have NEVER stood up for what palestinians had to go through for 75 years, and whether you like it or not the death tolls on the palestinian side are much more tragic. they don’t have the entire US behind their back and funding them. don’t speak if you don’t know shit

The only reason anyone supports israel or the IDF is because of what they are. I hate to be that person, but jews as a whole are some of the most privileged people in society right now, and especially in american society.

4 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I'd understand if we were talking about the average person, but we're talking about someone with a huge platform 🙃 

Whether we like it or not, Lana is not a small artist, she has a huge amount of followers and her actions carry weight...

I’m just not sure what weight her actions carry in this case though? Regardless of if she says anything or not the situation isn’t going to change. And who is looking to Lana Del Rey for guidance on the situation between Israel and Palestine or forming their views on it based on her name attached to this letter? Like let’s be reallllll

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

While the letter supports peace between Palestinians and Israelis, it unfortunately glosses over the oppression of Palestinians by Israelis.

The other letter also supports the safe release of the hostages, but is much more balanced. I wish she had signed it instead.

7 minutes ago, jaesana said:

I would argue the internet has contributed to more empathy to the people of Palestine than any other time in history, considering Western media has historically funneled a strict pro-Israeli and anti-Palestinian narrative for decades. TikTok and firsthand accounts from Gaza are finally starting to break through this script. There is a reason they are blocking the Internet in Gaza.

I- you know what sure live your delusion and soak up all your lies on socials. 

Only the most chronically online would call signing an open letter calling to bring all hostages held in Hamas captivity home regardless of ethnicity “the most disappointing thing Lana has ever done” :rip: 

4 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I’m just not sure what weight her actions carry in this case though? Regardless of if she says anything or not the situation isn’t going to change. And who is looking to Lana Del Rey for guidance on the situation between Israel and Palestine or forming their views on it based on her name attached to this letter? Like let’s be reallllll

That's true. I can't imagine someone would actually change their political opinion because Lana signed some letter. 

1 minute ago, Fetiche said:

Only the most chronically online would call signing an open letter calling to bring all hostages held in Hamas captivity home regardless of ethnicity “the most disappointing thing Lana has ever done” :rip: 

Blue Flopisters took that spot :troll:

2 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

I- you know what sure live your delusion and soak up all your lies on socials. 

Nothing delusional about the hundreds of pro-Palestinian protests going on in the world, which you would’ve been hard pressed to find 30 years ago.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

9 minutes ago, jaesana said:

I would argue the internet has contributed to more empathy to the people of Palestine than any other time in history, considering Western media has historically funneled a strict pro-Israeli and anti-Palestinian narrative for decades. TikTok and firsthand accounts from Gaza are finally starting to break through this script. There is a reason they are blocking the Internet in Gaza.

i completely agree w this point. I wasn’t really educated on this subject but there is SO much Pro-Palestine stuff on social media I can’t believe how strongly the message on social media is defiant of what the west (mostly America) is trying to push. Like it really feels like we’re in a weird new era 

1 minute ago, Rivers said:

That's true. I can't imagine someone would actually change their political opinion because Lana signed some letter. 

Me and Rivers agreeing on something for once? Oh sister come here :understand:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

5 minutes ago, jaesana said:

Nothing delusional about the hundreds of pro-Palestinian protests going on in the world, which you would’ve been hard pressed to find 30 years ago.

You're right, you really ate with that. :gclap:

i personally dont look for celebrities to take political stances on issues, especially when they’re unqualified to issue statements on international relations/politics. but oh how i wish she would’ve just stayed out of signing this letter :crai: i know her intentions are good but it’s a little saddening.

then again im grateful she hasn’t made any pro israel statements on her social media like others (kylie jenner, justin bieber, sarah paulson, etc) and praying she keeps it that way 

The worst thing is, I saw on TikTok that people thought she was Pro Palestine because she refused to tour in Israel a while back. And now people will not be able to say that she is Pro Palestine anymore, because this is obviously blatantly pro Zionist bs.

I'm not surprised because she genuinely isn't smart at all when it comes to political issues as of late and probably doesn't read about the issue and thinks Democratic = the right side of history so I'll just sign it. She should know better though, she's highly educated.

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

1 minute ago, Edelgard said:

The worst thing is, I saw on TikTok that people thought she was Pro Palestine because she refused to tour in Israel a while back. And now people will not be able to say that she is Pro Palestine anymore, because this is obviously blatantly pro Zionist bs.

I'm not surprised because she genuinely isn't smart at all and probably doesn't read about the issue and thinks Democratic = the right side of history so I'll just sign it. She should know better though, she's highly educated.

She should drop dead it's true. :sluttybunny:

8 minutes ago, Rivers said:

You'd be surprised by how gullible some people are. But even if they aren't influenced by one person's opinion, a lot of famous people with big platforms are preaching the whole pro-Israel thing. And if so many people share the same point of view... people can be deceived :smh:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

You'd be surprised by how gullible some people are. But even if they aren't influenced by one person's opinion, a lot of famous people with big platforms are preaching the whole pro-Israel thing. And if so many people share the same point of view... people can be deceived :smh:

Some ppl? Yeah most ppl. 

if anyone is dumb enough to blindly follow a celebrity to the degree of them forming your political opinions for you, thats on you

i doubt her signing (or whoever on her team signed it without her knowledge) an online letter carries much weight at all

lana can hold whatever views she wishes, but i highly doubt if she had in depth knowledge about the issue she would support what it seems like she is because she knows better than that

that being said, i really don’t think we should read too much into it tbh and it really isnt that deep in the grand scheme of things  :um2:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

if anyone is dumb enough to blindly follow a celebrity to the degree of them forming your political opinions for you, thats on you

i doubt her signing (or whoever on her team signed it without her knowledge) an online letter carries much weight at all

lana can hold whatever views she wishes, but i highly doubt if she had in depth knowledge about the issue she would support what it seems like she is because she knows better than that

that being said, i really don’t think we should read too much into it tbh and it really isnt that deep in the grand scheme of things  :um2:

Finally someone spilled