Ultra Violet

Israel-Palestine conflict (Israel-Hamas war)

14 hours ago, twinkletoes7 said:

you can’t say most activists don’t care that’s just incorrect lol, some sure, but most- nope

celebrities can do things, bella hadid for example has been speaking on this for years and had quite a positive influence. huda beauty speaking out put a lot of pressure on other beauty brands too, as people flocked to buy huda beauty and boycott other brands. these things do make a difference! 

i do not think celebrities should HAVE to speak on subjects they don’t want to, but we have the right to be disappointed with the lack of support celebrities give palestine especially when these same celebrities have no problem talking about ukraine or other political topics. i’m not angry at any celebrities, or surprised, it’s just disappointing, that’s how most of us feel, which is literally valid.

the phrasing of this is all very telling.

from the river to the sea 🇵🇸 

edit: decided i don't want to waster my breath on performative activism

~INSTA1.gif

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68490034

Surprise surprise, more Israeli settlements in the West Bank!

It's truly sickening. Imagine if any other country in the world were building entire cities outside of their borders in occupied territory... the entire western world would sanction them to hell. But when it's Israel, they continue to build and build and build for decades with everyone saying "yeah those are illegal!' but then no one doing a damn thing to stop it

FUCK. ISRAEL.

Genocide is Genocide but you cant take someones land and kill there people ,including children, because you see it as a safe land for your people (Jewish people)

mae xoxo:twirls:

Hope I can post this here since it’ll probably be removed elsewhere

obviously free Palestine 🇵🇸 

but I love(d) Lana so much and I’ve been having such a hard time dealing with the loss of her after she signed the letter. I figured she’s adress it at some point but she hasn’t. I haven’t listened to her music since then, but her music has been such a huge part of my life. 

it might sound dramatic but to me genocide isn’t a light issue and I’d be fine if she just kept quiet and never signed that tonedeaf letter. I also know she’s known to do stupid things.

so my question is, are there any other people for whom the Palestine issue is really important who still listen to Lana? And how do you motivate yourself to ‘separate’ that part of her from her music? Or have you also stopped listening to her? 

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

7 hours ago, Edelgard said:

but I love(d) Lana so much and I’ve been having such a hard time dealing with the loss of her after she signed the letter. I figured she’s adress it at some point but she hasn’t. I haven’t listened to her music since then, but her music has been such a huge part of my life. 

it might sound dramatic but to me genocide isn’t a light issue and I’d be fine if she just kept quiet and never signed that tonedeaf letter. I also know she’s known to do stupid things.

so my question is, are there any other people for whom the Palestine issue is really important who still listen to Lana? And how do you motivate yourself to ‘separate’ that part of her from her music? Or have you also stopped listening to her? 

Signing a letter isn't really a big deal, it's stupid and pointless but I doubt she actually supports Israel or even paid much attention to the letter.

These "letter" type things should never be taken serious as you have to wonder who is behind them, proabably some powerful figure in their circle and then they feel like they need to agree to so they don't get blacklisted.

It's not like individuals have gone out their way to support anything on their own or talk about it or actually do anything, like all the celebrities on the list probably not even 1% of them ever acknowledged it or posted about it or nothing or have even likely said anything about the situation the whole time.

Ideally you would like to be a fan of celebrities who you like outside their work as well and see as good people but it shouldn't really matter anyway. If they were bad people then it would be hard to enjoy them still but I doubt Lana really is, just a bit stupid and easily taken advantage of.

If she was coming out in support of Israel with her own opinions and stuff then that would be different.

On 3/25/2024 at 10:50 AM, Edelgard said:

if you read the letter it seems to be very in the middle if yk what i mean and many pro Palestine people have signed that letter because it seems to support ceasefire also in the past shes supported palestine by canceling shows in israel for her palestinian fans

mae xoxo:twirls:

15 minutes ago, cheaptrailertrashglm said:

"genocide joe has to go"

what do you want, trump back in office?

I want a President that won't fund a genocidal apartheid state.

giphy.gif

Iran launched drones toward Israel, over 100 Israel claims and cruise missiles as well being used. 

This is getting bad

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

This is a good time to ask this question:

Is it true Israel plans to use all of its nuclear weapons on the entire world if it loses the war? I read about about it on Reddit but Idk if it's true or real/realistic.

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, baddisease said:

This is a good time to ask this question:

Is it true Israel plans to use all of its nuclear weapons on the entire world if it loses the war? I read about about it on Reddit but Idk if it's true or real/realistic.

probably not, this is said often about many political leaders. try not to worry about that 🩷. look after yourself and don’t read things that will make you way too nervous

what is true is that slowly but surely they have burned a lot of bridges and that is a good thing. palestinians are no better unfortunately. it is a horrific situation, but maybe their souls and spirits will get justice one day :( 

giphy.gif

On 3/25/2024 at 7:50 AM, Edelgard said:

I’m not sure if you actually read the letter, but the letter was just calling for the release of Israeli hostages. This is coming from someone who is horrified at the genocide being committed at Palestine and someone who is pro-Palestine. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Columbia University can go to hell. They're trying to squash the antizionist protestors but is giving free passes to pro-Israel/pro-apartheid students.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Columbia University can go to hell. They're trying to squash the antizionist protestors but is giving free passes to pro-Israel/pro-apartheid students.

It already backfired massively lol, thousands more students are now protesting in columbia with more and more students from other universities starting to also protest.