Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

I have never been a fan of award shows. Always seems like a lot of hype, drama and selection bias. What happened to selecting winners based on actual talent? They’ve turned into a popular contest. 

It’s an even bigger slap in the face when you keep getting nominated and don’t win. Like are they pity nominations or are they just fuckin’ with you? 

Lana won’t not fuck them the fuck up

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

2 minutes ago, details said:

since taylor won the album of the year isn't lana a grammy winner as well for writing and singing on snow on the beach? 

Nope. They changed the rules because they hate Lana. Pure evil. 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

3 minutes ago, Escapism said:

yes, if i recall correctly it was about her losing the award for NFR!

oooh I thought this was recent lmao nvm

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

3 minutes ago, details said:

since taylor won the album of the year isn't lana a grammy winner as well for writing and singing on snow on the beach? 

No and that would be super lame tbh

OB is the superior album , this is like TS throwing her a bone

3 minutes ago, details said:

They just changed the rules, which disqualified her. I hate them so much.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Spoiler

you know what? Fuck the grammys. Lana is a one-of-a-kind artist, one of the world's greatest songwriters in her prime, a trendsetter, an icon, and a visionary. She has created a rich, intertextual, cinematic, full musical world with all of her albums, and she deserves to be credited for influencing music and culture in such a significant, profound way.

DYKTTATUOB, an intertextual meditation on death, family, memory, grief, legacy, and trauma, is clearly too complex and intellectual for the grammy voters to understand.

But Lana doesn't need validation from the Grammys. She's in a league of her own. She's one of the best living songwriters, period, and one day she will get her flowers. Until then, her impact on the music industry will only increase.

even when the winner of AOTY doesn’t know what’s going on and is surprised speaks enough about the Grammys, the fact that Olivia rodrigo and Lana del Rey didn’t win a single award tonight is wild also critics just love Billie floppish

Lana will always be a winner in my eyes :oprah3: so many of the greatest artists never received grammys either. its a shame they refuse to give her any respect at the very least

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

Lets be honest. They hate Lana cause she's feminine, questions the culture, isn't ratchet, and isn't woke. It's an attack on femininity and ALSO an attack on genuinely smart, well done music.