Elle

Porto, PT @ Primavera Sound - June 7th, 2024

1 hour ago, honeymooooon said:

THATS SO TRUE LIKE BEING THERE WAS REALLY BETTER

BTW this was my very first ldr show and i loved it loved it

the vocal performance today was top tier and i will never recover from a night like this

sad i didnt got to hug her but i think she saw me on the crowd ahaha

Omg are you who I think you are? :wub:

IMG-1607.jpg

this was my first lana concert and it was just amazing, perfect, it was everythinggg I have a lot of good things to say (but im not going to cause I just got home I cried a lot im so tired and i have to go to work in a few hours so I need a nap :toofunny:) hope everyone loved it as much as I did!!

SFP2h.gif

What's the meaning of her speech before Young and Beautiful? Replied to what happened in Paris days ago?

I’m Brazilian but I moved to Portugal last year and today obviously I saw her in Porto 🥰

When I was 14 listening to LDR songs in my bedroom I thought I would never be able to see her live. Today was my 4th Lana concert ❤️ (the other 3 were in Brazil).

She was amazing as always tonight and a lot of people there were seeing her for the first time and I was so so happy for them because the joy I felt when I saw her perform for the first time (in 2018) was unique.

Pp5b5s3.jpg?1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DinahLee said:

Honestly I think sort of yes but also kind of no, because she's been getting bigger and bigger; Norman Fucking Rockwell basically set a second wave of fans and Ocean Blvrd also managed to get a lot of fans. I think it's more of her thinking that's what people want and also... let's be honest. acting a little lazy while playing safe. No surprise she's always pulling some different games when she's playing these random Alabama/Desert shows.

I get that people love Born To Die (song), but I'm also sure they'd freak out if she went for Cinnamon Girl instead of it and so on. I know it sounds crazy that we're replacing one of her singles for an album track, but it's quite literally one of her most requested songs ever. I find it surprising she decided to cut Blue Jeans this time around, but it's just not missed. At this point, she could go for Summertime Sadness & Video Games only and I don't think people would mind that much about the ratio of Born To Die songs, or at least bring something she hasn't done in forever (which in this case would be Without You), but that's it.

Just like I mentioned Bartender, we also have the cases of like Cherry & Pretty When You Cry; they're non-singles and, if they weren't performed at every tour since 2018, people would freak out about them, but at this point it's just the same songs being performed over and over again. Off To The Races reached a similar saturation point and thank God she decided to let go, because once/when she decided to bring it back, it will be like "whew BOPPPP!!" instead of "again???"

I honestly think the only chance of changing this would be going back to the drawing board and creating a setlist from 0 instead of recycling ideas.

Honestly, I find it disheartening that she doesn't push her current image through music and aesthetics on the show. It was already Lolita Lana.

I mean, Ocean Blvd has this abandoned tunnel concept that could be explored more. Okay, she's been wearing bows and being more coquettish, and little by little we have fans replacing flower crowns with a bow in their hair. There were viral trends with this aesthetic, in general, using songs from the album, and, to me, it seems insane that she didn't sing Margaret and Let the Light In - and, not simply sing, but perform a breathtaking performance, with dancers, instruments and lots of pomp.

She has a positive point: the structure of the stage's castle has golden cracks, an allusion to Kintsugi, but which only lovers of the track can notice - so why doesn't she sing?

Ocean Blvd was an album that had a cool positive balance: it caught the public's attention, brought aesthetics and boosted an image of Lana as more mature and far from that American pin-up. But she's the only one who doesn't promote the album. Since she is not comfortable performing on TV, nor is she interested in making music videos, the minimum would be to sing the songs on the show. It's a rant.

But, I wonder, how many albums does she need to release so that, with each release, she can replace an old track with a single one from each album and thus have a new setlist.

By the same calculations, I'm looking forward to 2035, when we will have a completely new tracklist. Or, to be more positive - and delusional - I really hope that she makes the switch to country, and that it inspires her to modify sets, aesthetics and the entire structure of the show. It won't be possible to sing BTD tracks in the western (although she's more likely to sing versions like that Cola meme (ya ya yo) than a country tour with songs from Lasso, her newest album.

Edited by terrenceszyou

5 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

i am glad you had fun and thank you so much for doing everything you could to feed us with a scoop!

Have some deserved rest.

Does anyone know if we can download the live stream somewhere? :teehee:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I loved this show from every aspect. Such a great livestream too, I'm sure I'll watch this constantly. 

In the other hand, I'm glad the setlist conversation is getting more traction because I genuinely think it needs to reach Lana herself or her band.

Candy Necklace, Paris Texas, Margaret, Let the Light In, Taco Truck, If You Lie Down With Me, Thunder, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Cinnamon Girl, The Greatest, 13 Beaches, Music to Watch Boys To, Freak, Salvatore, Flipside... She has an entire collection of never-performed songs and fan favorites that need a comeback. It's insane to me, if I was such a music maker I'd be dying to sing all these songs with my audience. It's kinda embarrassing that Italian crowds beg for Salvatore each year, yet she only "graces" them with an acapella version every now and then. Doesn't her band ask for the chords and melodies? For some rehearsal of the song? Imagine how crazy and amazing it'd be if she randomly did The Blackest Day or Sad Girl or any other song really. Again, she has an entire collection of songs to choose from. 

But don't take this negatively, because as I said, I love every song she's singing right now. I'm re-watching the show and I'm enjoying it so much, but there's the diehard fan in me that's begging for more songs, because I love her and her voice.

Speaking of her voice, she sounded excellent. A Lana show goes from mid to good to good to great when her vocals are on point.

32 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Arcadia was so emotional :trisha:

I FUCKING LOVED ARCADIA LIVE

by the way shoutout to the girl that yelled the burnt norton lyrics with me LOVED U

10 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

omg maybe ahaha

5 minutes ago, mysilverlining said:

it was fucking amazing, vocals were absolutely on point irl;: the way i was the only person in my section singing bartender dahjkfdsgldsf :lmao:

lmao same😭

Primavera Sound Porto had its biggest single-day attendance in 11 years; 40,000 on Friday 7th :gclap: Oh Lana

https://www.jn.pt/2065366814/primavera-sound-bateu-dois-recordes-na-sexta-feira-sao-o-melhor-e-o-pior-de-sempre/

"Lana Del Rey transformed what could've been depressing into gigantic hope" (regarding the weather alert and possible last minute cancellation of the festival)

"Possibly the best gig of the festival so far"

https://expresso.pt/blitz/2024-06-08-primavera-sound-porto-lana-del-rey-fez-um-milagre-afastou-as-aguas-e-trouxe-apenas-as-magoas-56f49478

https://expresso.pt/blitz/2024-06-08-lana-del-rey-no-primavera-sound-porto-os-videos-de-um-grande-concerto-c0df1b4c

https://www.jn.pt/4436505654/misteriosa-tragica-e-sensual-lana-del-rey-levou-ao-extase-o-primavera-sound/ 

Apparently the headline translates to: "Mysterious, tragic and sensual: Lana Del Rey brought Primavera Sound to ecstasy" 

I forgot to turn off my VPN and keep getting Portuguese articles about how amazing Lana was recommended to me! :wubna:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide