Elle

Porto, PT @ Primavera Sound - June 7th, 2024

17 hours ago, cinnamon gay said:

A&W needs to be the opener again, it was so good 

YES OMG the only thing i thought 10 mins before the concert was like "imagine how iconic would be if nature boy starts playing out of nowhere"

just wanna say that the Crowd was Spectacular & honestly i hope her future crowds have that much energy and love because i think it calms her & gives her at least an extra boost of energy or confidence on stage. (aside from the pesky annoying fan who jumped the barricade.. not cool )

also so thankful there is a beautiful & high quality livestream of this show; Because she SHONE! bby … those vocals were so Divine, the makeup Etienne did was fabulous & the hair was absolutely perfect! 

it seems that she was having a great time on stage, and that makes me super happy. i did feel at times she was Super into the music and after seeing the paparazzi video i do hope she is doing okay & not feeling too sad. i’m sure traveling & time zones is a lonely and tiring feeling.

Everything about this show is perfect, except the setlist... cmon Lana, mix it upppppp :lange:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 6/8/2024 at 12:42 AM, cinnamon gay said:

A&W needs to be the opener again, it was so good 

I made my own changes to her new set list (since Coachella) and it didn't take THAT much tweaking to make it perfect but that intro is definitely a must. Without You isn't a good opener.

From the Netherlands I traveled to Porto with my 15 year old son because my son is such a big Lana fan. He wanted a good spot so we were already waiting at 0700 in the morning. A very nice boy wrote VIP numbers on your hand (which later turned out to be of no use). The wait in the bright sun was hot hot hot, but what I remember most were meeting so many nice, friendly people from all over Europe. that made the time pass a little faster. Unfortunately, I thought the organization was very poor. It's a wonder there were no injuries. When the 'doors' opened people went crazy. some fell over fences or were pushed over. I thought that was really scary. In the end we were able to get a good  spot and when it was clear that the storm would pass us by, we could really enjoy it. Lana was great. She is in my heart and I hope to see her more often!

17 hours ago, honeymooooon said:

YES OMG the only thing i thought 10 mins before the concert was like "imagine how iconic would be if nature boy starts playing out of nowhere"

nature boy intro was top tier

1 hour ago, Sostrene said:

From the Netherlands I traveled to Porto with my 15 year old son because my son is such a big Lana fan. He wanted a good spot so we were already waiting at 0700 in the morning. A very nice boy wrote VIP numbers on your hand (which later turned out to be of no use). The wait in the bright sun was hot hot hot, but what I remember most were meeting so many nice, friendly people from all over Europe. that made the time pass a little faster. Unfortunately, I thought the organization was very poor. It's a wonder there were no injuries. When the 'doors' opened people went crazy. some fell over fences or were pushed over. I thought that was really scary. In the end we were able to get a good  spot and when it was clear that the storm would pass us by, we could really enjoy it. Lana was great. She is in my heart and I hope to see her more often!

oh yeah, i remember you! organization was terrible and we all agreed it was the messiest festival we've ever been to

image.png

4 hours ago, Chemtrail said:

I made my own changes to her new set list (since Coachella) and it didn't take THAT much tweaking to make it perfect but that intro is definitely a must. Without You isn't a good opener.

Without You was great for Coachella and I think it made us all revisit the song, which is gorgeous. But the tiny little keys in the intro are definitely a no. Byron should be playing the song with the piano.  Her openers are usually bombastic, although it's her choice for this show to be more quiet.

I re-watched this for the 1000th time this morning and ugh, it was so good.

Even if she barely sings during West Coast, we've got to admit that it's such a visual feast... the lights, how the stage gets darker, the pole dancer and choreo. Really somber and hot.

25 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I re-watched this for the 1000th time this morning and ugh, it was so good.

Even if she barely sings during West Coast, we've got to admit that it's such a visual feast... the lights, how the stage gets darker, the pole dancer and choreo. Really somber and hot.

I have to admit, here and there I could barely tell what song she was performing. But her public profile has never been higher and I hope this means Lasso in 3 months. 

There this important difference between her this year's shows in the States and in Europe - her microphone in this year's Europe shows (Italy, Spain, Portugal) is miles better than the ones in Coachella and Alabama. It's so much clearer and you can actually hear her vocals so so much better. During the Coachella period, I saw so many comments saying that "she can't sing" or "she's a shitty performer" but she fucking can sing, it was the microphone quality's fault. 

It's a fact that her vocals have got better and better with each year because she has performed more and more live shows and she has done that a lot in open air festivals with mass crowds but less in venues with good acoustics. Open air festivals have helped her to practise her vocals a lot better, with testing the ranges and such. Last year her vocals were amazing as well but she was just getting warmed up to it and had more time practising it, considering that she hadn't done any live shows for 3 years because of the pandemic. This year she has been better than last year, especially in those European shows where she was incredible!

This was vocally one of her best shows, she carried all the songs on the setlist perfectly and probably the main reason why the setlist has been same-y for the last 5 years is that she is vocally most used singing to these songs and it has helped her a lot improving vocals which is another reason that most of the songs there are ballads. Also these are the songs she and her dancers have put most effort on the choreography as well - they have practied these songs for over a year now and I think it would take a lot of time to practise an extra choreo for a new song. And hate the dancers and background vocalists or not, I love them because they help Lana a lot with her confidence and I think they suit especially for the festivals because it makes the show a lot more theatrical and campier, like more The Great Gatsby party like!

This show was her best one this year, super incredible, each song I was like "Omfg! The vocals!" Her vocals were insanely amazing, like truly brilliant, her vocals really helped these songs on the setlist shine a lot, made them sound really special. So I might even agree with those people who said that if you're at the show present and see her perform, you will forget the setlist and enjoy her performance through the show.

She also looked beautiful, even though it's her fourth show with the same outfit. She must really love that dress a lot and it's a gorgeous dress as well, it's like that short white dress or that long black dress she wore a lot last year on tour. Her big beauty queen style hair and make-up was stunning as well, loved Anna's and Etienne's job for this! 

A side note: I had always wanted Young And Beautiful to be the ending song and I'm glad that it is, I know that Off To The Races or Venice Bitch or Ocean Blvd or Video Games are very huge, free and epic but there's something cinematic about Young & Beautiful that feels like a ending credits to a very epic but beautiful movie and with all the 1920s jazz endings she has done lately leaves the crowd in a fever dreamish feeling - bit surreal, bit melancholic, bit happy, bit confused, but also impressed. Like an epic movie. But I need West Coast - Dan Heath's orchestral version to be the intro like in 2019 and then the rest of the songs should be the UV version, like I had also always envisioned before because it puts an epic start to a Lana show that feels so cinematic and epic with all the orchestra but then goes on to full wild mode with the guitars and drums and the dancers to set off a true Lana show in Summer. But that's just my opinion though! :flutter:

url%5D

5 hours ago, Embach said:

There this important difference between her this year's shows in the States and in Europe - her microphone in this year's Europe shows (Italy, Spain, Portugal) is miles better than the ones in Coachella and Alabama. It's so much clearer and you can actually hear her vocals so so much better. During the Coachella period, I saw so many comments saying that "she can't sing" or "she's a shitty performer" but she fucking can sing, it was the microphone quality's fault. 

:flutter:

Right...

Blame it on the mic for all the high notes she didn't even attempt to sing, all the parts she lets the crowd sing, etc.

She said herself she had laryngitis

you can't tell me her vocals at Coachella weekend 1 were anywhere near that of 2023 or you should compare several performances such as Cherry, PWYC, Arcadia, NFR..

of course she can sing and even at her "worst" she still has great moments but yeah Coachella week 1 was just not it

Guys omg my friend sent me the videos of the concert (she was right by my side but i didnt record nothing so i asked her for her videos) and all u can hear is me SCREAMING CRYING and yelling "IT HAPPENS" on nfr , "CAPRICORN" on cocc and yelling "AAA" after the "ure fucking up big time" on a&w 

im so sorry for anyone that was near me HAHAH

9 hours ago, honeymooooon said:

Guys omg my friend sent me the videos of the concert (she was right by my side but i didnt record nothing so i asked her for her videos) and all u can hear is me SCREAMING CRYING and yelling "IT HAPPENS" on nfr , "CAPRICORN" on cocc and yelling "AAA" after the "ure fucking up big time" on a&w 

im so sorry for anyone that was near me HAHAH

I probably would've screamed the same if I was there as well, this concert is like a mega experience for a lifetime :D

url%5D