Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

7 hours ago, cinnamon teeth said:

if she is going to have guests i could totally see abel joining her...he seems to really love playing coachella in any capacity. i just can't really imagine them playing any of their collabs together for this. maybe they could just perform money power glory (feat. the weeknd) version :agree: 

Cannot agree more

1 hour ago, Joshie said:

Car camping there for the first week.  Hoping for barricade.  I’m going to brave the dehydration and just wait outside the entrance extra early then run like hell to the stage and stay there all day lol

please don’t sacrifice your health for the sake of a concert :bebe: take plenty of food and water and take a big umbrella for shade

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

3 hours ago, Joshie said:

Car camping there for the first week.  Hoping for barricade.  I’m going to brave the dehydration and just wait outside the entrance extra early then run like hell to the stage and stay there all day lol

Just a bit of advice, especially if you haven’t done this before, I would strongly advise against this strategy for your safety. The weather for Friday is going to be in the 90s Fahrenheit, so you reeeeally don’t want to be dehydrated, trust me.

When I saw Lana at Lollapalooza 2016, I showed up outside at 6:30am and we were let into the festival a little after 11:30am and Lana was on from 8:50-10pm, so it was a long wait at barricade (technically I was second row because despite being the first one in my security line to be let into the festival, I forgot to close my bag before running and I spilled all of my stuff everywhere and had to stop and pick it up rip)

I’m not sure what Coachella’s water policy is, but please try to bring in as much water as you can. That year at Lolla they weren’t strict about liquids and I brought in 6 sealed water bottles and thank god I did. The heat was brutal and I drank every single bottle. I was really worried about having to pee, but I think I was just running on pure adrenaline that I swear to god, I didn’t have to pee until the moment I stepped foot into my hotel room after the show and then it all hit me at once lol. I usually find this is the case for concerts - I drink a lot of water beforehand because I don’t want to be dehydrated and then am worried I’ll have to pee, but I find I never need to because of all the adrenaline. You also sweat a lot of it out too because of how hot it is, which is another reason you really do want to stay hydrated. & if you do have to pee, you could always pee in a bottle - this is something I saw a lot of during Lolla’16, but the crowd was understanding of this so there wasn’t judgment from other fans. Also, if you make friends with the people surrounding you, you could also attempt leaving to use the restroom and coming back, and I find this works best if you barter with the people beside & behind you. Over the past decade of attending ~150 performances, there’s been twice now where I did have to leave barricade before the performance because I had to pee and I told the people around me if they held my spot I’d bring them back water, and people were very receptive to this and really helped get me back to my spot because they wanted the water I brought back for them.
If Coachella doesn’t allow you to bring in liquids, try to sneak them in anyway. Into concerts and festivals, I’ve snuck in mini water bottles wrapped up in purses and jackets, put capri sun pouches in my bra or boots, I even taped a massive ziplock bag of water to my back once lmao. I’ve never been caught except for once when I didn’t disguise a full size water bottle well enough, but I sneak water into every single venue that doesn’t allow outside drinks. You’ll also want to bring in food too to keep you stable - again, I sneak in packs of fruit snacks & pretzels if the venue says it prohibits outside foods and I’m always successful with this. & if you do get caught with food or water, the worst that’s going to happen is they’ll confiscate it. They won’t deny you entry or anything. It’s always worth a try.

You really don’t want to play around with dehydration though, especially at a hot festival under the blazing sun where you’ll be waiting at the barricade for 12+ hours. Again, at Lollapalooza 2016 there were fans passing out hours before Lana went onstage and also during her set since it gets even crazier once she takes the stage. I’ve fainted myself during a concert due to dehydration, which is why I take it so seriously now. Trust me, it’s much better to chance your spot because of having to pee rather than losing your spot completely because you fainted and spend the rest of the night in a medical tent instead of watching the show even if it’s not from barricade.

I hope you consider this and have a wonderful time at the show! I do consider myself a pretty seasoned concert & festival goer, so I have lots of tips for surviving barricades if you or anyone else wants some advice or has any questions xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

24 minutes ago, Elle said:

Just a bit of advice, especially if you haven’t done this before, I would strongly advise against this strategy for your safety. The weather for Friday is going to be in the 90s Fahrenheit, so you reeeeally don’t want to be dehydrated, trust me.

When I saw Lana at Lollapalooza 2016, I showed up outside at 6:30am and we were let into the festival a little after 11:30am and Lana was on from 8:50-10pm, so it was a long wait at barricade (technically I was second row because despite being the first one in my security line to be let into the festival, I forgot to close my bag before running and I spilled all of my stuff everywhere and had to stop and pick it up rip)

I’m not sure what Coachella’s water policy is, but please try to bring in as much water as you can. That year at Lolla they weren’t strict about liquids and I brought in 6 sealed water bottles and thank god I did. The heat was brutal and I drank every single bottle. I was really worried about having to pee, but I think I was just running on pure adrenaline that I swear to god, I didn’t have to pee until the moment I stepped foot into my hotel room after the show and then it all hit me at once lol. I usually find this is the case for concerts - I drink a lot of water beforehand because I don’t want to be dehydrated and then am worried I’ll have to pee, but I find I never need to because of all the adrenaline. You also sweat a lot of it out too because of how hot it is, which is another reason you really do want to stay hydrated. & if you do have to pee, you could always pee in a bottle - this is something I saw a lot of during Lolla’16, but the crowd was understanding of this so there wasn’t judgment from other fans. Also, if you make friends with the people surrounding you, you could also attempt leaving to use the restroom and coming back, and I find this works best if you barter with the people beside & behind you. Over the past decade of attending ~150 performances, there’s been twice now where I did have to leave barricade before the performance because I had to pee and I told the people around me if they held my spot I’d bring them back water, and people were very receptive to this and really helped get me back to my spot because they wanted the water I brought back for them.
If Coachella doesn’t allow you to bring in liquids, try to sneak them in anyway. Into concerts and festivals, I’ve snuck in mini water bottles wrapped up in purses and jackets, put capri sun pouches in my bra or boots, I even taped a massive ziplock bag of water to my back once lmao. I’ve never been caught except for once when I didn’t disguise a full size water bottle well enough, but I sneak water into every single venue that doesn’t allow outside drinks. You’ll also want to bring in food too to keep you stable - again, I sneak in packs of fruit snacks & pretzels if the venue says it prohibits outside foods and I’m always successful with this. & if you do get caught with food or water, the worst that’s going to happen is they’ll confiscate it. They won’t deny you entry or anything. It’s always worth a try.

You really don’t want to play around with dehydration though, especially at a hot festival under the blazing sun where you’ll be waiting at the barricade for 12+ hours. Again, at Lollapalooza 2016 there were fans passing out hours before Lana went onstage and also during her set since it gets even crazier once she takes the stage. I’ve fainted myself during a concert due to dehydration, which is why I take it so seriously now. Trust me, it’s much better to chance your spot because of having to pee rather than losing your spot completely because you fainted and spend the rest of the night in a medical tent instead of watching the show even if it’s not from barricade.

I hope you consider this and have a wonderful time at the show! I do consider myself a pretty seasoned concert & festival goer, so I have lots of tips for surviving barricades if you or anyone else wants some advice or has any questions xx

This!! Also electrolytes! You should drink a sports drink or two the day before and of. Maybe pack a few propel packets to add to water bottles.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

3 minutes ago, Liz Taylor Blues said:

This!! Also electrolytes! You should drink a sports drink or two the day before and of. Maybe pack a few propel packets to add to water bottles.

!!! This is extremely important or else water will just go through you and you won’t properly hydrate your body. I’ve been hospitalized many times because of dehydration trust me it will ruin your entire experience. Since it’s in the desert, dry heat will make you dehydrate even faster too. If you don’t have liquid IV or propel packets, there’s also a version of mio which has electrolytes!

stay safe & hope you have lots of fun!! <3

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

luv trust me coachella is NOT the festival you want to do this, be safe out there

30 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

!!! This is extremely important or else water will just go through you and you won’t properly hydrate your body. I’ve been hospitalized many times because of dehydration trust me it will ruin your entire experience. Since it’s in the desert, dry heat will make you dehydrate even faster too. If you don’t have liquid IV or propel packets, there’s also a version of mio which has electrolytes!

Desert and mountains and western american hear be crazy! When I spent time in Denver Summer 2016 I drank way more water than usual in Florida to stay hydrated (And I drink a lot a day in Florida!) Stay safe! No front row is worth your life. As Lana said all you little queens better know you're worth. Don't cry about it, don't cry about it, it's all gonna happen

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

35 minutes ago, Elle said:

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for all the advice:)  Last thing I want is to pass out before our Reverend Mother gets on stage.  I’d die:rip:  I believe Coachella allows you to take an empty bottle into the festival that must be plastic,  but I have heard mixed things about the refill stations being disastrous.  I’m not sure if they allow sealed bottles of water, so I will try to sneak that in if I have to.  It’d be nice if they just sold it in the crowd because I really do not want to have to leave my spot to buy water.

what time does the livestream start guys????

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

38 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

Thank you!!!  I’m all stocked up with plenty of liquid I.V. and Gatorlyte :wink:

Love to see you all advising this person, you all are so sweet:trisha:

6 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

nothing is confirmed but I just got word Lana may be bringing out a particular veryyy famous female singer

TAYLOR OMG:wat:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

57 minutes ago, Joshie said:

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for all the advice:)  Last thing I want is to pass out before our Reverend Mother gets on stage.  I’d die:rip:  I believe Coachella allows you to take an empty bottle into the festival that must be plastic,  but I have heard mixed things about the refill stations being disastrous.  I’m not sure if they allow sealed bottles of water, so I will try to sneak that in if I have to.  It’d be nice if they just sold it in the crowd because I really do not want to have to leave my spot to buy water.

Definitely sneak in water if you can then!! Mini bottles wrapped up, pouches/bags concealed on your body, snacks too - and as others said bring some electrolyte packets, that’s a great tip! I’ve never attended Coachella so I don’t know much about their water stations/vendors, but the free water refill stations at Lollapalooza were amazing & at Music Midtown (my local music festival in Atlanta) they have vendors with coolers that go through the crowds selling water and beer.

Funny story that’s not totally related but I was just reminded of it by this convo - When I went to Music Midtown in 2017 with one of my friends, Dua Lipa was at a signing tent after her set. At this time I was living in Brooklyn but flew back to Atlanta over the weekend just to see Dua at the festival, so of course wanted to meet her again, but the line was suuuuper long. It had been an hour already in this line and my friend’s favourite band that she attended the festival for was beginning their set, so she went to their stage while I waited in the line. We used to listen to that band a lot together and we looked at the setlist beforehand, and after awhile she texted me that some of our favourite songs were coming up, but their stage was at the complete opposite side of the park which is pretty big. I had met up with a fellow Dua fan I met at a previous show in the Dua signing line so he held my spot & my belongings as I sprinted all the way across the park to catch 3 of our favourite songs from that band, then sprinted all the way back to the Dua line. Waited another 30 minutes or so in the line and then my friend texted me again that the band’s set was about to end and to come back to hear their final songs, so once again I sprinted to the opposite side of the festival. Right as the band was finishing their last song, my Dua friend texted me to come back ASAP as it was almost our turn. Literally ran like the wind to the signing booth again, but halfway through I felt like I was going to black out from all the running in the southern summertime heat and I saw one of the drink vendors with his cooler, so I approached him out of breath asking for water. He said all he had left was beer, so I literally offered him $20 to have his own personal half-drunk water bottle and a handful of ice from the cooler lmaoooo. He looked at me like I was crazy but clearly could see I was desperate, so he gave his bottle to me. Passed him the $20, downed the rest of the water, shoved a handful of ice in my mouth, and then resumed my mad dash to the signing booth. I made it there just in time as there were then only 4 people ahead of us and it was totally worth it as Dua remembered me & my friend from the previous show we had went to! What a crazy day.

Anyway, moral of the story - stay hydrated!!!! Xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

12 minutes ago, Elle said:

Definitely sneak in water if you can then!! Mini bottles wrapped up, pouches/bags concealed on your body, snacks too - and as others said bring some electrolyte packets, that’s a great tip! I’ve never attended Coachella so I don’t know much about their water stations/vendors, but the free water refill stations at Lollapalooza were amazing & at Music Midtown (my local music festival in Atlanta) they have vendors with coolers that go through the crowds selling water and beer.

Funny story that’s not totally related but I was just reminded of it by this convo - When I went to Music Midtown in 2017 with one of my friends, Dua Lipa was at a signing tent after her set. At this time I was living in Brooklyn but flew back to Atlanta over the weekend just to see Dua at the festival, so of course wanted to meet her again, but the line was suuuuper long. It had been an hour already in this line and my friend’s favourite band that she attended the festival for was beginning their set, so she went to their stage while I waited in the line. We used to listen to that band a lot together and we looked at the setlist beforehand, and after awhile she texted me that some of our favourite songs were coming up, but their stage was at the complete opposite side of the park which is pretty big. I had met up with a fellow Dua fan I met at a previous show in the Dua signing line so he held my spot & my belongings as I sprinted all the way across the park to catch 3 of our favourite songs from that band, then sprinted all the way back to the Dua line. Waited another 30 minutes or so in the line and then my friend texted me again that the band’s set was about to end and to come back to hear their final songs, so once again I sprinted to the opposite side of the festival. Right as the band was finishing their last song, my Dua friend texted me to come back ASAP as it was almost our turn. Literally ran like the wind to the signing booth again, but halfway through I felt like I was going to black out from all the running in the southern summertime heat and I saw one of the drink vendors with his cooler, so I approached him out of breath asking for water. He said all he had left was beer, so I literally offered him $20 to have his own personal half-drunk water bottle and a handful of ice from the cooler lmaoooo. He looked at me like I was crazy but clearly could see I was desperate, so he gave his bottle to me. Passed him the $20, downed the rest of the water, shoved a handful of ice in my mouth, and then resumed my mad dash to the signing booth. I made it there just in time as there were then only 4 people ahead of us and it was totally worth it as Dua remembered me & my friend from the previous show we had went to! What a crazy day.

Anyway, moral of the story - stay hydrated!!!! Xx

This story is legendary